Your Origin II Teams

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2015' started by Big Pete, Jun 8, 2015.

1. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

I'm not necessarily saying that (even though I think we have a better chance with him than with DCE) but I am saying we will lose with DCE

2. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

You know who has been a better half than DCE? Mitchell **** Pearce. How's that for my Broncos bias making me think Hunt is better.. DCE is going to go in and attempt to do a job whilst taking a backseat to Thurston, just like last year.

3. I don't mind the selection of Korbin Sims. He hasn't quite kicked on as I would have expected him to but he has a lot of qualities you'd want from an Origin player and I thought he made a real difference for the Knights on the weekend. He was maybe one of the only bright spots for him. He just needs to work on getting consistent because there are times where he'll just be completely off the track.

Mal has obviously backed the big game experience of DCE and this is his chance to stake his claim as an Origin player. I know DCE is public enemy #1 in Queensland right now and we're all supposed to hate him. However, he's got too many runs on the board, is the most skillful and well balanced option available and the opposites haven't done enough to dislodge him. Hunt is developing into a match-winning player, but his execution at times is lousy and Origin isn't as forgiving as club football. In saying that, DCE really has to step up because his performances at rep level have been pretty ordinary.

rnabokov, Mr Fourex and Black Philip like this.
  4. Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct NRL Captain

I agree with you Big Pete and think that the only reason DCE is ahead of Hunt is because of his big game experience.

I think that over the next 2-3 years Ben Hunt will end up passing DCE and will become the better halfback of the two and will hopefully become Queensland and Australian halfback.

5. Son Edo

Son Edo NRL Player

No surprises with the teams.

6. Get fucked for asking such a thing.

7. I'm glad Mal is reminding us all what being a QLD'r is about. You don't give up on your mates when they're down for the count.

I thought DCE's performance in 2013 was OK. Last year obviously the short preparation he had with the team hurt his ability to combine and put his stamp on the game. He's due for a big one......I for one am hoping he plays well. QLD will prosper for it.

8. broncos4life

DCE isn't my mate, and I gave up on him long before this whole contract bullshit

9. He should be when he's wearing a QLD jumper.

I'd buy Paul Gallen a beer if he was wearing a maroon jersey. (lets hope the dirty **** never plays for Manly)

10. Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder about DCE? Did he shag your missus or something?

11. broncos4life

I've already explained why I don't like DCE and why I don't rate him anywhere near you all do.

IMHO he is a good football player, not great and not the second coming of christ that some will have you believe. He is a downhill skier that hasn't even come close to proving himself at rep level.

Outside of football I think he lacks class. The way he dragged all this contract shit through the public eye and played up to the attention and I also firmly believe that he never had any intention of going to the titans. At the end of the day I don't have an issue with him taking the Manly deal but I have issue with him lying to the public. I also have issue with this shit that we should like someone just because they are selected for our state.

All this has been said and is no point going into the discussion again

12. Sorry, Hunt or DCE we talking about here. The statement can be used for both.

QUEENSLANDER and Mr Fourex like this.
  13. What's your issue with that?

No-body is asking you to suck his **** for the whole year, but you could at least refrain from joining in on the media hype and booing him while he wears a QLD jersey.

Any QLD'r booing a QLD player during SOO is a fuckwit .......IMO

Nashy likes this.
  14. broncos4life

I'm not going to boo him and I never said I was going to. I said I would revert to booing him once he lost us the game, but I have no plans to actually boo him while the game is happening

15. QLD aren't going to lose.

16. broncos4life

We'll see...

17. Your confidence would suggest you become a Blues fan.

18. broncos4life

Hahaha this is gold.

When a broncos fan is over-confident or rates certain broncos players they are shouted down and told to take off their broncos tinted glasses etc.

But when you are realistic about QLD's chances and don't think DCE is fantastic (despite obvious failing) you're a blues fan.

Incredible.

19. Foordy

Foordy

Here are my thoughts on Hunts kicking game:

He has shown on several occasions that he actually does have a decent kicking game.

So, the problem then obviously comes down to execution and decision making. Both can be negatively affected by the pressure he gets put into when taking his kicks.

And while on first look, it may seem like he will be under more pressure in the origin arena compare to club footy, that is not entirely accurate IMO.

See in club footy the opposition know to consistently put pressure on him as he does 90% of the kicking for us; but in origin they can't do that as QLD also have Thurston and Smith, who have world class kicking games, andif NSW give either of them time and space to put their kicks in, them they will put their kicks in the right place every single time.

broncos4life, Danoz Direct and Nashy like this.
    It's ok. I'd be pissed if someone called me a Blues fan too. Simple fix. Stop being a blues fan. :ciao: