Your Origin II Teams

I know I may seem like a fool, but what about Milford? He's been in incredible form!

6. Milford
7. Thruston

He's a better ball runner than Morgan. And he's short kicking game is pretty well. It's just an idea but Milford will get a call up in the next 2-3 seasons. If not next season. Hunt and Milford are the future of QLD and possibly AUS if they dominate state of origin when there time comes. I would if we won game ll. and for game 3 we saw hunt and milf in the halves.

I think we will when we believe that Hunt isn't the best option we have available.
hunt is the reason why we didn't come last, last year. And if you're talking about ash taylor being a better option.
HE HASNT PLAYED NRL! HE CANT EVEN TACKLE TEENAGERS! he is talented but hunt is a proven nrl half that is more than capable.

edit: flaming

Last edited by a moderator:
hunt is the reason why we didn't come last, last year. And if you're talking about ash taylor being a better option.
HE HASNT PLAYED NRL! HE CANT EVEN TACKLE TEENAGERS! he is talented but hunt is a proven nrl half that is more than capable.

Mate I am talking about Origin selection... And am saying that I think Hunt is the best option considering Cronk is injured...

Read the comment above commented on next time, before you call someone an idiot.

Also remember this is the Origin thread about Origin, not about who should play halfback for the Broncos.

Are you serious? Take your Broncos blinkers off for a second and think about this.

How did he go last season? Who fucking cares. We lost last year because we needed a halfback, and the only one we had, had been training in the team as a bench utility. He was found out because of that, and I've got no doubt it will be fixed.

People need to get over Hunt.
Get over hunt?
He didn't get qld 18th man and Australian bench utility for being shit.

Edit: flaming

banhammer_forecast.gif

Okay people, just remember to keep it civil. We don't need slanging matches. I appreciate some people have not lowered the tone of the thread, thank you.

Get over hunt?
He didn't get qld 18th man and Australian bench utility for being shit.

Edit: flaming

Where did I ever say he was shit? It's certainly not the case. I just don't believe he is ahead of DCE, and I assure you, I'm in no minority in that department.

It's unfortunate that the staff edited your original post. It would have shown people how seriously your childish opinion should be taken around here. Try it again.

Even so, he has a pretty good kicking game and is certainly better than Morgans.

He's had a good kicking game. Just the one. And it was good, but other than that, he's been pretty ordinary in the kicking department. It's rarely the actual kick, it's just the option he takes when the kick is required that he's been struggling with.

He's had a good kicking game. Just the one. And it was good, but other than that, he's been pretty ordinary in the kicking department. It's rarely the actual kick, it's just the option he takes when the kick is required that he's been struggling with.

Yeah he has been pretty up and down in the area but I just get the feeling that he may have turned a corner because over the last few weeks his general option taking and placement has been pretty good and improving weekly.

Tell you what, if we were picking the team on form, I'd have Gavin Cooper in the side hands down over Matt Gillett.

Tell you what, if we were picking the team on form, I'd have Gavin Cooper in the side hands down over Matt Gillett.

Yeah he has been in great form for a long time but that can be a lot easier when you are running Thurston week in week out.

Yeah he has been pretty up and down in the area but I just get the feeling that he may have turned a corner because over the last few weeks his general option taking and placement has been pretty good and improving weekly.

No doubt. It's refreshing to see a player who is clearly doing the work at training to get his game right. I just wouldn't risk someone like that in Origin just yet.

Next year, I think he will almost walk into the team. Just not prepared to risk it this year with him.

No doubt. It's refreshing to see a player who is clearly doing the work at training to get his game right. I just wouldn't risk someone like that in Origin just yet.

Next year, I think he will almost walk into the team. Just not prepared to risk it this year with him.

Your probably right. I just would really like to see his running and passing game in the Origin Arena, as I think it would be dynamic. I do agree on reflection that he probably isn't ready for starting half this year (next year as you said he almost definitely he will be ready), but off the bench I think would be perfect for him at this stage, like he did for Australia.

Being realistic, it will be a straight swap. DCE for Cronk and the rest of the team will remain unchanged.

People have been acting like babies about the whole "backflip" drama and they need to sort their shit out. It's not that big of a deal for ***** sake and it has led to the NRL reforming the rule anyway. Any Queenslander who wants to boo DCE is an idiot.

Lets get on with it.

I don't think that it was nothing and that people are acting like babies, but that's your opinion. All actions have consequences and getting booed and having your reputation tarnished is the consequence of this decision. I'm sure fuckface can dry his tears with his millions and millions of dollars.

All that has nothing to do with why I don't want him picked, I don't want him picked because hunt has been better than him for more than a season and offers so much more.

His contract saga shouldn't Impact his selection negatively, but it also shouldn't see that he is picked 'just so we can show that it Doesn't matter' when his form hasn't justified his selection

No he hasn't. Hunt just looks better because he's able to quite quickly fix those little issues in his game.

For the last year and a half, DCE has been kicking far better than Hunt, and that right there, puts Hunt under DCE at the moment. Hunt has more work to do in his game before he should be considered to be the starting half-back in and Origin match.

While I certainly think DCE is overrated, I don't think Hunt is a good idea.

That is precisely the reason that hunt should get picked ahead of DCE. The only thing DCE has been better at than hunt is his kicking game, and with Thurston and smith there the kicking game is the least thing we need from them.

Active Now

• ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.