Your Origin II Teams

How did DCE perform last year as a starting SOO half? It seems some people have forgotten about it...
More importantly, has DCE been any better this year than he was last year? I certainly don't think so.
Has DCE been better than Hunt? Last week's game wasn't an accident, but rather a pretty accurate image of the last 1.5 years or so.

Who would be a better half next to Thurston and Smith?
I believe both Hunt and Morgan complement them better than DCE, and while Hunt's kicking still lacks accuracy and diversity in attack, we have Smith and Thurston for it, besides Ben's long kicking game has been very good most of the season, so it's not like he's a dud in that aspect.
Morgan's kicking is a weakness of course, but he has obviously the advantage of routines and experience playing alongside Thurston week by week.

What will Mal do? Not sure to be honest... but I certainly don't think DCE is owed anything after demonstrating that integrity is not part of his dictionary, and to me that should count for something when it comes to the Maroons' jersey.

Will I boo DCE if he's chosen? No, but I won't applaud him either.

To be a little fair to DCE, his 2 games at Halfback last year, he was playing injured in both games, and the first game he had no training in the halves.

I'm not saying I'd pick him, but he'd be better than last year for sure if we did.

Well I think we should be thinking long term in this position. Who out of Morgan, Hunt and DCE is going to be the best player in two years and then pick them. IMO I think that Hunt will be the best halfback in the game in two years time, so I would be him now so he can gain experience.

Less Bronco players the better. Keep them fresh to smash a cronk-less storm.

How did DCE perform last year as a starting SOO half? It seems some people have forgotten about it...
More importantly, has DCE been any better this year than he was last year? I certainly don't think so.
Has DCE been better than Hunt? Last week's game wasn't an accident, but rather a pretty accurate image of the last 1.5 years or so.

Who would be a better half next to Thurston and Smith?
I believe both Hunt and Morgan complement them better than DCE, and while Hunt's kicking still lacks accuracy and diversity in attack, we have Smith and Thurston for it, besides Ben's long kicking game has been very good most of the season, so it's not like he's a dud in that aspect.
Morgan's kicking is a weakness of course, but he has obviously the advantage of routines and experience playing alongside Thurston week by week.

What will Mal do? Not sure to be honest... but I certainly don't think DCE is owed anything after demonstrating that integrity is not part of his dictionary, and to me that should count for something when it comes to the Maroons' jersey.

Will I boo DCE if he's chosen? No, but I won't applaud him either.

Are you serious? Take your Broncos blinkers off for a second and think about this.

How did he go last season? Who fucking cares. We lost last year because we needed a halfback, and the only one we had, had been training in the team as a bench utility. He was found out because of that, and I've got no doubt it will be fixed.

People need to get over Hunt.

Are you serious? Take your Broncos blinkers off for a second and think about this.

How did he go last season? Who ****ing cares. We lost last year because we needed a halfback, and the only one we had, had been training in the team as a bench utility. He was found out because of that, and I've got no doubt it will be fixed.

I think we will when we believe that Hunt isn't the best option we have available.

How did he go last season? Who fucking cares. We lost last year because we needed a halfback, and the only one we had, had been training in the team as a bench utility. He was found out because of that, and I've got no doubt it will be fixed.

I am 100% serious.
This has nothing to do with my Broncos blinkers... DCE is not the best option for the team in my opinion.

The utility excuse is so far fetched, it's not funny. He has been playing halfback for most of his career, and forgot how to do so because he trained as a "bench utility"? How does one train as bench utility anyway?

Hunt has virtually no big game experience as a halfback. DCE had a lot more big game experience prior to his run on debut last year in Origin and he struggled. Can you honestly expect that Hunt wouldn't suffer similar problems?

DCE is better at controlling a game, has more big game experience and is much more familiar with the Origin set up than Hunt is. He's not playing better than Hunt right now, but he's the better option IMO.

6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans

14. Morgan

I'm like 99.9% sure this is what we will name. I'd be interested to see how Hunt or Mbye would go off the bench.

I understand that DCE has more big game experience, but Mal exposed himself when it comes to his decision making. If he kept to his word and picked on form, you can't choose Cherry over Hunt. Period.

Hunt has virtually no big game experience as a halfback. DCE had a lot more big game experience prior to his run on debut last year in Origin and he struggled. Can you honestly expect that Hunt wouldn't suffer similar problems?

DCE is better at controlling a game, has more big game experience and is much more familiar with the Origin set up than Hunt is. He's not playing better than Hunt right now, but he's the better option IMO.
Hunt doesn't need to control the game. He has Thurston and Smith there to do that.

All he has to do, is play his natural game... and he has shown continuously that he doesn't wield under pressure, and is in fact one of the better players in clutch situations. So my answer is that I don't expect Hunt to suffer any more than DCE would, and I maintain that for team balance, he would be a better choice than DCE.

DCE will get the half spot, no ifs or buts.

He's been in the squad for ages so he knows the system. Yes, his performance last year was crapulent but I put the majority of that down to the injury he was carrying at the time. Hunt should've been halfback in that game because DCE wasn't fit. If he's fit now, he should be halfback. If not then Morgan will be there because he was in the squad for game 1 and because he plays with Thurston at club level. I would love to see Hunt play but at the moment he is third in line.

Ben Hunt

The kid was amazing last year and has been better all round this year. But I'm seriously disappointed that he is barely getting a look in for this origin?!
1. Daley Cherry has been horrible this year, how you can be in a origin team when your playing shit and your team is last. Is beyond me.
2. Michael Morgan has been inconsistently good but he's not the man to come in for cronk, he can't control a game, he can't kick, all he can do is run.

Re: Ben Hunt

2. Michael Morgan has been inconsistently good but he's not the man to come in for cronk, he can't control a game, he can't kick, all he can do is run.

It's funny you say that, because Hunt just recently started learning how to do either.

Hunt is a much better player than Morgan is all aspects, but Morgan does have the advantage of being very familiar with Thurston's game.

I'm stunned by how many people are saying Hunt doesn't need to kick. There's no such thing as a halfback who doesn't need to kick, at Origin level more than anywhere else.

I'm stunned by how many people are saying Hunt doesn't need to kick. There's no such thing as a halfback who doesn't need to kick, at Origin level more than anywhere else.

Even so, he has a pretty good kicking game and is certainly better than Morgans.

It's funny you say that, because Hunt just recently started learning how to do either.
Funny how he has only been consistent with Milford next to him. Last year he had no one, hard to be consistent with all the work load he had last year. Hunt has been more consistent because Milford is there. No half in the game could be consistent with the workload hunt had last year.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.