13. Corey Parker

14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jacob Lillyman

18. Josh Papalii
19. Dane Gagai
20. Korbin Sims

Interesting to see Korbin Sims named in the squad.

Totally bemused by the fact Hodkinson kept his spot. But very, very grateful.

So when DCE shits the bed and loses us the game, are we allowed to boo him again?

I think Mal was getting a bit annoyed..

All people wanted to talk about was DCE.

Teams named, DCE selected as everyone predicted, as much as I disagree with the selection his there and I want him to get the job done.

I can understand DCE's selection, but I don't agree with it. Hopefully he is 100% fit for this game.

I don't think picking and sticking is the reason QLD have won so often recently. The reason we have won is because we have always been able to pick the best players in each position. Just because DCE has been in the squad more often doesn't mean he is the best option. They say he only trained once at halfback with the team last year but he has trained most of his life as a halfback and failed. He was not ready last year and this year his highlight is sidestepping a charging Adam Blair. These teams should 100% be picked on form and that is why the games are far less entertaining than they were 15 years ago.

I just watched game 1 of the 1999 series and it ended in a 9-8 win to Queensland. Not a lot of points scored and most of them were goals kicked but the game was very entertaining because the best players were named and not just the players who were there last year.

Last edited:
So DCE is going to lose us the game, but Ben Hunt would win it.

So DCE is going to lose us the game, but Ben Hunt would win it.

I'm not necessarily saying that (even though I think we have a better chance with him than with DCE) but I am saying we will lose with DCE

You know who has been a better half than DCE? Mitchell fucking Pearce. How's that for my Broncos bias making me think Hunt is better.. DCE is going to go in and attempt to do a job whilst taking a backseat to Thurston, just like last year.

I don't mind the selection of Korbin Sims. He hasn't quite kicked on as I would have expected him to but he has a lot of qualities you'd want from an Origin player and I thought he made a real difference for the Knights on the weekend. He was maybe one of the only bright spots for him. He just needs to work on getting consistent because there are times where he'll just be completely off the track.

Mal has obviously backed the big game experience of DCE and this is his chance to stake his claim as an Origin player. I know DCE is public enemy #1 in Queensland right now and we're all supposed to hate him. However, he's got too many runs on the board, is the most skillful and well balanced option available and the opposites haven't done enough to dislodge him. Hunt is developing into a match-winning player, but his execution at times is lousy and Origin isn't as forgiving as club football. In saying that, DCE really has to step up because his performances at rep level have been pretty ordinary.

Mal has obviously backed the big game experience of DCE and this is his chance to stake his claim as an Origin player. I know DCE is public enemy #1 in Queensland right now and we're all supposed to hate him. However, he's got too many runs on the board, is the most skillful and well balanced option available and the opposites haven't done enough to dislodge him. Hunt is developing into a match-winning player, but his execution at times is lousy and Origin isn't as forgiving as club football. In saying that, DCE really has to step up because his performances at rep level have been pretty ordinary.

I agree with you Big Pete and think that the only reason DCE is ahead of Hunt is because of his big game experience.

I think that over the next 2-3 years Ben Hunt will end up passing DCE and will become the better halfback of the two and will hopefully become Queensland and Australian halfback.

I'm glad Mal is reminding us all what being a QLD'r is about. You don't give up on your mates when they're down for the count.

I thought DCE's performance in 2013 was OK. Last year obviously the short preparation he had with the team hurt his ability to combine and put his stamp on the game. He's due for a big one......I for one am hoping he plays well. QLD will prosper for it.

I'm glad Mal is reminding us all what being a QLD'r is about. You don't give up on your mates when they're down for the count.

I thought DCE's performance in 2013 was OK. Last year obviously the short preparation he had with the team hurt his ability to combine and put his stamp on the game. He's due for a big one......I for one am hoping he plays well. QLD will prosper for it.

DCE isn't my mate, and I gave up on him long before this whole contract bullshit

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.