NEWS "You've made your bed, now lie in it". Tallis responds to Lodge training invitation

I’m not against it. In fact after the last few games I quietly wonder if we were too harsh on old Hook.

Hook had a good idea using Hunt off the bench ...

where he fucked up is keeping him on the bench for so long ... I also would have alternated bench time with time in the ISC playing 80 mins at halfback to develop that side of his game

I haven't been watching the nrl media lately and I missed the Lodge and Tallis offerings so I was surprised at the contrast between the men. Lodge was excellent. Conciliatory, measured and reasonable aren't words you'd use to describe Tallis but they fit the bill with Lodge. NRL 360 played Lodge spliced with Tallis and did a pretty good job yet the panel simply moved past the glaring contrast with Tallis sounding like a petulant child.

Sidenote here is I myself may have drawn a false conclusion from too small a sample size but Lodge surprised me with a cool clear approach, an intelligent one at that.

I haven't been watching the nrl media lately and I missed the Lodge and Tallis offerings so I was surprised at the contrast between the men. Lodge was excellent. Conciliatory, measured and reasonable aren't words you'd use to describe Tallis but they fit the bill with Lodge. NRL 360 played Lodge spliced with Tallis and did a pretty good job yet the panel simply moved past the glaring contrast with Tallis sounding like a petulant child.

Sidenote here is I myself may have drawn a false conclusion from too small a sample size but Lodge surprised me with a cool clear approach, an intelligent one at that.

He has really impressed me over the past few days. He's the only prick in the joint who is willing to cop any bullets. If I went in there and had a license to kill, I would make him co-captain with Glenn and tell the media to go to hell.

This was the Lodge interview. Really makes Gordon look like a Peanut and I think was very well handled by Lodge. If you're the romantic type you could read further into some of his statements in parallel to his own personal growth in dealing with his past. Personally, I think if he does turn up and does put in more effort, then he will be showing a lot more for mental health and personal growth than Darius Boyd. I hope he sees and fulfills the current need for a doer like Webcke, Carroll or Thorn. Pull the socks up, hit and run hard.

Lodge was the leader out there last week. He took powerful runs and tried to smash Collins into oblivion. He was also the only one talking in the huddle after tries. It didn’t seem like the team responded though and that’s the sad thing.

At the very least, he doesn’t need to constantly bag the place. Criticise sure but he is way over the top. You will never hear him say a good word about the club. That’s just childish and his legacy is getting tarnished every day that he carries on.

He doesn't care, so long as what he says takes the focus away from how shit the Titans are his job is done.

He doesn't care, so long as what he says takes the focus away from how shit the Titans are his job is done.
Only as good as your last game hey? Titans winners, Cows and Horses losers!! I watched the Titans game and boy oh boy they have a few willing workers who seem prepared to do it for the coach and each other. Sam Lisone. Ash Taylor, Tyrone Roberts, Tyrone Peachy , Moeaki Fotouaki, and the incredible Young Tonumaipea. In fact there were quite a few more who had great games including a benchy I'd never heard of, Jaimin Jolliffe. Goes well.

The West Tigers had them beaten several times but to my amazement the Tits didn't drop their collective head and snatched it in the end, it was a good game to watch. Holbrook may end up having a great season.

Only as good as your last game hey? Titans winners, Cows and Horses losers!! I watched the Titans game and boy oh boy they have a few willing workers who seem prepared to do it for the coach and each other. Sam Lisone. Ash Taylor, Tyrone Roberts, Tyrone Peachy , Moeaki Fotouaki, and the incredible Young Tonumaipea. In fact there were quite a few more who had great games including a benchy I'd never heard of, Jaimin Jolliffe. Goes well.

The West Tigers had them beaten several times but to my amazement the Tits didn't drop their collective head and snatched it in the end, it was a good game to watch. Holbrook may end up having a great season.
He looks like he might have the makings of a good coach. If he can turn that place around, he deserves a medal.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.