NEWS "You've made your bed, now lie in it". Tallis responds to Lodge training invitation

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Broncos enforcer Matt Lodge has reportedly invited club legend Gorden Tallis to training following criticism his side has copped after the 59-0 defeat at the hands of the Sydney Roosters.

Tallis' response was blunt and straight to the point, with The Raging Bull pulling no punches.

The bit about Boyd is worth a listen too, apparently he has been spared this week and it is Arthurs who will make way.

Edit: For those who dont care to listen;

Lodge apparently in an interview said Tallis is welcome at training any time he Wants to help with leadership. Tallis in response laughed and said no, they've made their bed and can lie in it. Says he is at an actual family club now in the titans.

He continues when pushed about having previously said he would assist any player who asked for help, and he replied, "yes anywhere but them" (Broncos).

Last edited:
Typical Tallis. Grinds the axe until the end of his days and just throws them from the bleachers. Couldn't give a shit how right or wrong he is, he's acting like the exact sort of sooky lala that we have at the club already and don't want.

Easiest job in the world being an "expert" lip for hire and don't ever have to back it up.
First chance he gets and he backs away big time.
It's one thing being a commentator, its different when you make a living from kicking your old club in the guts when it's down.
Well done Gordie you must be proud.

I wonder how many games Boyd has left.

When Manly are done putting 30 on us. One more shit game with that huge hole between him and Milford should be enough to see him off finally.

Tallis is a turncoat who shouldn't be allowed to attend any ex-Bronco functions or activities or label himself as an ex-Bronco. I reckon Walters would let bygones be bygones if the club came to him.

From a new piece in the Courier Mail just now. On why Tallis didn't take up Lodge on his offer to help out at the Broncos:

“Because I don’t want to go back there. It is as simple as that … because I don’t want to. They’ve made their mistakes. I’m at the Titans now … they are not the club I played for. They don’t even want the old boys there."

“(Chief executive) Paul White had blocked the old blokes to come back in. Kevvie (Walters) has tried to go back. We’ve all tried to go back at certain times because we saw that the ship needed to be put back on the right direction, and they don’t want us."

“And now that the shit has hit the fan and it is a little token offer, ‘well, why don’t you come and help us? Well, no. You guys dug yourselves into it, dig yourselves out of it.”

He also claimed White had shook Walters’ hand prior to Anthony Seibold’s appointment and told him “he’s got the job”.

“Kevvie had to ring Locky, a bloke that he played with and taught him and made him great, he (Lockyer) wasn’t even going to come to the interview process. So the job was done (Seibold had it). Wayne Bennett wrote an article about (Jason) Demetriou and said ‘don’t go, like the interview process is a load of rubbish. It’s already decided’.”

I'm not backing Tallis because he is an absolute tool, but maybe there is something going on with some of the old boys and their relationship with the Broncos these days.

I do remember something about an article last year about only 4 old boys turning up to an event with the current team or something along those lines

I'm not backing Tallis because he is an absolute tool, but maybe there is something going on with some of the old boys and their relationship with the Broncos these days.
Didnt they bring a few of the old boys back in last year, after ex-players like Renouf and Johns were being critical ?

Maybe certain players were invited back and others weren't.... causing a bit of friction.

Didnt they bring a few of the old boys back in last year, after ex-players like Renouf and Johns were being critical ?

Maybe certain players were invited back and others weren't.... causing a bit of friction.

I do recall something like that.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • kman
  • Porthoz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • heartly87
  • IceWorks
  • Johnny92
  • marw
  • Browny
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • blacknwhite
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.