NEWS "You've made your bed, now lie in it". Tallis responds to Lodge training invitation

If this is true it's appalling.

We were saying this last year and clearly it still bodes true: the rot starts at the top, and I honestly would love to know why Paul White has so many wraps. Yes he is a good businessman clearly, but he is no football man, he's an accountant. He's departing this year and frankly thank **** for that, because it is the perfect opportunity for a top to bottom cleanout.

Last edited:
Just now on Sunday night with Matty Johns they have showed some of the Lodge zoom interview. At a point someone in th Broncos (presumed to be media manager) got on to rap the interview up and get rid of the media, Lodge told him to go away, we had nothing to hide and he wanted to talk to them.

We honestly should have made him captain imo. Every other club/ the Nrl already despise us anyways, who fucking cares.

Just now on Sunday night with Matty Johns they have showed some of the Lodge zoom interview. At a point someone in th Broncos (presumed to be media manager) got on to rap the interview up and get rid of the media, Lodge told him to go away, we had nothing to hide and he wanted to talk to them.

We honestly should have made him captain imo. Every other club/ the Nrl already despise us anyways, who fucking cares.
I agree, **** what anyone else thinks, its men like Lodge we need at the club, he has elements of the older players about him and seems like the kind of bloke you want influencing the younger guys.
He fucked up, he has payed for it, and not only that, he has learned from it.
You could tell he was genuinely hurt and embarrassed by that loss on Thursday and that his first priority is the club.
I'd take Lodge and his attitude/mentality over Boyd as captain every day of the week.

I used to admire and respect the way Tallis played the game. I loved how ferocious he was and was always proud be was a Bronco and our captain.

Most of the things be says about us is true, let's be honest. It's very easy to say you were sad and embarrassed watching us get destroyed 59-0, but then when Matt Lodge offers you an invitation to come back to the club and actually help us, you say no and sook and carry on like a bitter little child.

Tallis feels nothing for us. He wasn't sad or embarrassed by our loss. He's just another media critic now on the Titans bandwagon sinking the boot into us every chance he gets. I know something went on between him and Wayne but Jesus Christ, get the **** over it and help out the club who made you what you are, if you are truly sad and embarrassed for us.

What a cry baby. I'm sick of him. He obviously holds grudges and can't let it go. The tool needs to grow up. We don't care for your biased and hateful opinion. In my opinion, Gordon Tallis is not and will never be a Brisbane Bronco. He must not be let back ever. Stick with the Titans buddy, we don't need you.

I used to admire and respect the way Tallis played the game. I loved how ferocious he was and was always proud be was a Bronco and our captain.

Most of the things be says about us is true, let's be honest. It's very easy to say you were sad and embarrassed watching us get destroyed 59-0, but then when Matt Lodge offers you an invitation to come back to the club and actually help us, you say no and sook and carry on like a bitter little child.

Tallis feels nothing for us. He wasn't sad or embarrassed by our loss. He's just another media critic now on the Titans bandwagon sinking the boot into us every chance he gets. I know something went on between him and Wayne but Jesus Christ, get the **** over it and help out the club who made you what you are, if you are truly sad and embarrassed for us.

What a cry baby. I'm sick of him. He obviously holds grudges and can't let it go. The tool needs to grow up. We don't care for your biased and hateful opinion. In my opinion, Gordon Tallis is not and will never be a Brisbane Bronco. He must not be let back ever. Stick with the Titans buddy, we don't need you.

If we were to win a premiership in the next 3-4 years he’ll be the first one to bask in it and praise people like himself for “telling it like it is” and making the club look at itself and restoring the Broncos’ culture.

Exactly. I agree.

Can't believe the filth that comes out of his mouth about us. Hate to be him, filled with such negativity and holding grudges for something that happened years ago.
If we were to win a premiership in the next 3-4 years he’ll be the first one to bask in it and praise people like himself for “telling it like it is” and making the club look at itself and restoring the Broncos’ culture.

You can't just put up the Bat signal in the sky and expect former coaches/players to come back and save the day.

Tallis did his duty for the club, won multiple premierships. He doesn't have to do shit as far as I'm concerned.

You can't just put up the Bat signal in the sky and expect former coaches/players to come back and save the day.

Tallis did his duty for the club, won multiple premierships. He doesn't have to do shit as far as I'm concerned.
At the very least, he doesn’t need to constantly bag the place. Criticise sure but he is way over the top. You will never hear him say a good word about the club. That’s just childish and his legacy is getting tarnished every day that he carries on.

My guess is no-one truly wants him as a forward coach,he was forward coach for souffs prior to Michael McGuire. They literally improved 10 fold after he left. He played with passion and aggression but he isn't exactly a student of the game, hes not the sharpest tool in the shed.

But.... in all his rants about the club he has claimed he cares and what passion he has for the club.... soooooo, here is your chance tallis. If you do truly want to see the change you claim you do and have such passion for the club, back it up with actions. I guess in his retirement we have seen the tallis dragons fans would have seen in the 90's...

Last edited:
Lodge 100% knew that Tallis wouldn't offer any help and I highly doubt he was being serious when asking that question. Especially considering the relationship they have. Interesting that you never here Tallis speaking about the Titan's performances who had lost 14 games straight until tonight but stabs the Broncos in the back at everyone possible chance.

I'm not backing Tallis because he is an absolute tool, but maybe there is something going on with some of the old boys and their relationship with the Broncos these days.

yeah they're butthurt their mate didn't get the job

Lodge has also just done a video interview on the big league wrap, will try get in linked when it pops up somewhere.

His key points for me were wanting to cut the chat of young team this, young team that and get rid of it as a possible excuse.

Said they are missing Matt Gillett plenty and he would love a Webcke type player at the club to help pull him in line also.

Big focus on attidtude moving forward. Doesn't matter who the coach is or who is named if attitude is as bad as both Eels games and Roosters game.

Also made note of big loss to Dragons in finals the year before as something has been wrong a long time.

And as predicted wanted to take the blame as a playing group rather than any blame to Seibold.

James hooper then broke news that he is hearing Milford will be named on the bench this week with Dearden in the halves and upto 9 changes being made.

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.