NEWS "You've made your bed, now lie in it". Tallis responds to Lodge training invitation

i'm not against that ... will be a good wake up call for Million dollar Milf
Assuming that would mean Milford could be the relief for Paix at hooker. Either way I absolutely agree on Milford needing a kick up the ass.

Still be a shame if one of those '9 changes' isn't Boyd out for me.

i'm not against that ... will be a good wake up call for Million dollar Milf

I can't see the point in dropping Milford - yet. He ought to be working on his combinations with Croft. Milford and Croft are our established halves pairing, neither of whom have been at their best largely because our forwards haven't been laying a platform for them to do their thing.

I imagine our shapes and structures, such as they have been, are set up with them at the core. I can't see the point of bringing in Dearden - yet.

If Milf is to be relegated to the bench, it should be if he fails to play to his best when our best side is on the paddock or unless he completely fizzles against Manly

Exactly right!
At the very least, he doesn’t need to constantly bag the place. Criticise sure but he is way over the top. You will never hear him say a good word about the club. That’s just childish and his legacy is getting tarnished every day that he carries on.

Assuming that would mean Milford could be the relief for Paix at hooker. Either way I absolutely agree on Milford needing a kick up the ass.

Still be a shame if one of those '9 changes' isn't Boyd out for me.

Milf defending as hooker in the middle? Seriously? I'd rather Dearden on the bench for Paix - continues the sacred Broncos tradition of playing half backs at hooker. Who knows, it might work one day

Milf defending as hooker in the middle? Seriously? I'd rather Dearden on the bench for Paix - continues the sacred Broncos tradition of playing half backs at hooker. Who knows, it might work one day
I wouldnt be opposed to dearden on the bench, his defence was solid and he is reported to have a good footy brain. It could add a little bit of creativity and smarts in the ruck (i.e. hodgson, smith). Decent passing, it would be good first grade experience. What do we have to lose?

Last edited:
I wouldnt be opposed to dearden on the bench, his defence was solid and he is reported to have a good footy brain. It could add a little bit of creativity and smarts in the ruck (i.e. hodgson, smith). Decent passing, good experience. What do we have to lose?

... a lot less than with the other utility bench options we have.

And who knows, this time we might strike it lucky and actually end up with a half decent half back who turns into a half decent hooker, I mean half back, I mean hooker.

Anyway, Dearden for mine is a better option on the bench than Niu or Milford. Could turn out to be the utility we need.

Last edited:
1. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
9. Dearden

14. Paix

With Dearden and Paix rotating every 20 minutes. I'd be telling Dearden to go out there and just treat it like tackle training. If he's able to chime in and be creative as a third playmaker than all the power to him but that's assuming we play any footy in their half at all.

1. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
9. Dearden

14. Paix

With Dearden and Paix rotating every 20 minutes. I'd be telling Dearden to go out there and just treat it like tackle training. If he's able to chime in and be creative as a third playmaker than all the power to him but that's assuming we play any footy in their half at all.
Even if he can skip out from dummy half and engage the markers before passing. That will stop our forwards being picked off by the markers the whole time.

All this talk of Dearden playing bench hooker is giving me big Anthony Griffin flashbacks.

It was one of the few strategies that actually paid dividends for him. Hunt was a great defensive halfback for a long time, and even today there are still people who say he would make a good hooker.

1. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
9. Dearden

14. Paix

We don’t have interchanges to be wasting on rotating our dummy half every 20 minutes unfortunately

We were saying this last year and clearly it still bodes true: the rot starts at the top, and I honestly would love to know why Paul White has so many wraps. Yes he is a good businessman clearly, but he is no football man, he's an accountant. He's departing this year and frankly thank **** for that, because it is the perfect opportunity for a top to bottom cleanout.
Absolute horseshit IBM, so some research before you post shit like this:

Paul White -

• Twenty years in the Queensland Police Service and was awarded state and national service medals.
  • Has worked for the past five years in senior positions at metallurgical coal business, Anglo American.
  • Previously worked at mining giant Xstrata’s zinc business.
  • Captained rugby league teams in north and central Queensland.
  • Premiership player and coach in Emerald, Moranbah, Mt Isa and Rockhampton.
  • Staff coach for the Queensland Academy of Sport Emerging Origin Players program in 2001, 2003 and 2004.
  • Queensland under 17 coach in 2006.
  • Named in 2008 in the Queensland Police Team of the Century, alongside league legends Mal Meninga and Wayne Bennett.
  • Has worked with Aboriginal communities and focused on indigenous youth programs.

FMD you come out with some crap.

Last edited:

Paul White -

• Twenty years in the Queensland Police Service and was awarded state and national service medals.
  • Has worked for the past five years in senior positions at metallurgical coal business, Anglo American.
  • Staff coach for the Queensland Academy of Sport Emerging Origin Players program in 2001, 2003 and 2004.
  • Named in 2008 in the Queensland Police Team of the Century, alongside league legends Mal Meninga and Wayne Bennett.
  • Has worked with Aboriginal communities and focused on indigenous youth programs.

The least you could do is provide some aloe cream with that burn.

Paul White -

Hey hey! Slow down with the facts. You're getting in the way of the emotional rants over here.
But in all seriousness, the guy also beat brain cancer. He is a fighter, and he loves the club.

We're not doing great at the moment, and there's plenty of things to pick at, but we were playing well and lost all of our momentum. Other teams took the break as a reboot and got things together (Roosters, Penrith). I had a feeling we'd come out of the break like this

We're suffering after losing Gillett, he would have been the next captain. On top of that all the other guys we had coming through before Seibold joined weren't leaders - McGuire, Kahu etc. We just have to deal with that. The team needs to stop listening to all of the hype (every year the team gets hyped) and be prepared for hard tussles out in the middle. I believe they're up to it, but the coach has to make a few decisions.

I never thought I'd say this, but it might be time to drop Milf, and if Sean O'Sullivan comes back soon, give him a go at hooker. Before he got injured last year, he was showing fight and looked amped to just be wearing the team colours.

You can't just put up the Bat signal in the sky and expect former coaches/players to come back and save the day.

Tallis did his duty for the club, won multiple premierships. He doesn't have to do shit as far as I'm concerned.

Way to miss the point, completely

No one is shining the bat signal, Tallis constantly bags the club, and says he will come back and hep if asked

So we ask him and he turns it down

You have missed the point badly

Paul White -

I can't believe you bothered to reply but add in Assistant coach at Redcliffe for 2006 premiership too.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Mister Wright
  • broncomax
  • Big Del
  • Alec
  • lynx000
  • Justwin
  • ivanhungryjak
  • maddo
  • porouian
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • Culhwch
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.