Yow Yeh to play in the trials

the broncos v warriors trial is LIVE on foxtel and then being shown delayed telecast by channel 9

honestly its the best coverage an NRL game has ever had haha

The Cowboys game is not being televised from what I've heard.

I'm just so ridiculously proud and happy for him

I know we can never expect him to return to these heights, but his a winner regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
**** yeah Jharal!!!

I know we can never expect him to return to these heights, but his a winner regardless.

Honestly I doubt he would return if he didn't think he could still play like this. There's plenty of highlights ahead for Jharal and the Broncos this year. Watched that whole video with a smile on my face. Definitely proud of him. One tough dude, that's for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bumping to see if there is definitely someone going to the trial that I can send this banner out to? We're almost there, but if no one's going to display it then there's no point rushing it. It'd be pretty cool if it does happen though.

Please post a mock up version or an image of your banner.

I'd like to see if it's up to scratch before committing.

I have standards to uphold.

Thanks in advance....:wink:

In an age often defined by the uncommitted and the frail JYY is a beacon of light. I have told my kids his story.

Please post a mock up version or an image of your banner.

I'd like to see if it's up to scratch before committing.

I have standards to uphold.

Thanks in advance....:wink:

Please post a photo of you or a similar likeness. I have to make sure you're up to scratch before committing my banner to you. I have standards to uphold.

I had to censor the logo. It's part of an ongoing police investigation. Y'know, legal stuff.

JYYBanner_PROOF_zps37891033.jpg

Last years Trial in Dunedin was great.
Good atmosphere at the ground , both teams played well.
Should be another good one this year with both clubs revealing their NRL Line ups in Dunedin.

Yeah I think it would be great if you could put the full URL somewhere on the sign, maybe Jharal will sign up to say thanks :P

A lot of people where I live are already predicting that Broncos will be premiers in 2014 because of Yow Yeh's return, apparently he will save us.

I understand people's excitement, I really do. I'm excited myself, but people need to be realistic here. There is a good chance Yow Yeh may never be the same player he once was, after all he copped an injury that should have ended his career that very second. He will not be 100% at first even if he does return to the NRL, which there is still a chance he won't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as excited as the next guy about his return. I just know what those injuries can do. I hope he can get over the injury and play in the NRL again and still be a great player, but I'm not going to be getting my hopes up.

They have also predicted that he will be playing Origin this year. As much as I hate to say it, you can draw a line through his name. He will not be playing Origin in 2014. Mal will not risk it, not when he has other quality wingers that are 100% fit.

I will probably cop a bit of flack for this, but I had to get it off my chest.

Now I look forward to watching him play on Saturday.

Last edited:
From what's been shown on the news it looks like he will always have a limp to an extent. He has the heart of a lion. If the rest of the squad shows as much heart as JYY no one would touch us is 2014. What a champion bloke. I hope he makes it back to the Nrl. Noone has ever deserved it more!

I don't believe for a second that it is a pity selection from Hook. He's done the work and earned a spot.

There's a mountain of outside backs to look at before Round 1. Why would Hook waste his time if he wasn't seriously considering Yow Yeh?

He is, at the moment, right about where the rest of the starting lineup in this trial team should be: fringe squad and hopefully QCup regular.

If he can build confidence in a solid injury free 2014 playing regular QCup (not FOGS) games that would be massive.

A game or two during State of Origin should be his stretch target.

I think most of us here are pretty realistic about his return @Super Freak and we don't really have any expectations at all. In fact most us didn't really ever expect to see him even play a trial.

That is why we are so proud/excited as we know how hard he has worked both mentally and physically to get himself back into the Bronco Jersey.

And that is what I am celebrating, that his determination and perseverance have paid off to allow him to wear the Bronco Jersey again. After all, this was always his goal. Not to return to Origin, or be the high flying wing that he was.

Sure, he would like to get back to that, but I have a strong feeling that he will just be happy with running on the field with his beloved Bronco strip on.

And so will I. No expectations, just admiration.

Very well said symbol, I completely agree. The guy is an inspiration

I had to censor the logo. It's part of an ongoing police investigation. Y'know, legal stuff.

JYYBanner_PROOF_zps37891033.jpg

Not bad Morks .....although I'm not really sure the "s" is required after the heart symbol.

Food for thought. :takdir:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.