Yow Yeh to play in the trials

You're all carrying on like I can change this :)

It's already printed and in a tube...

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Jharal-This-Is-For-The-Fans/89969

JHARAL Yow Yeh could be forgiven for some indulgence by making his comeback from two years of agony all about himself. But not this young man.

The 24-year-old will defy the doubters when he plays his first game for the Broncos since dislocating and breaking his ankle in an NRL match nearly two years ago.
He has endured 10 operations and, possibly worse, the thousands of hours of rehabilitation associated with such an injury.
He was a Test and Origin player set for an illustrious career before landing awkwardly on his right ankle.
To just get to this point, where he has been named in the Broncos NRL trial team to face the Cowboys at Redcliffe on Saturday night, is a momentous effort.
So a little self absorption would be excusable.
But not from Yow Yeh.
When asked what made him most pleased about returning in the maroon and gold, it was the club, his family and the supporters he wanted to talk about.
Such humbleness in the face of adversity if amazing.
"It's a lot of hard work and I just don't put that to myself," he said.
"It's the club, the fans, my friends and my family sticking by me.
"It has been a roller coaster ride but I am really looking forward to Saturday.
"Mostly, the thing for me, is to just put that Broncos' jersey back on.
"It gives me shivers to think I will be pulling back on that Broncos' jersey.
"The best thing about it is my family is going to be there.
"The fans too, I am really passionate about because they have stuck with me since I have done it.
"I have got the utmost support from them so I am excited to get out there and represent the Broncos."
And to those that have suggested he couldn't get to here, surely Yow Yeh had every right to say 'I told you so.'
It's just not in his nature.
"Let people say what they want to say," he said.
"I have got my own mind set and my own goals around it.
"Hopefully come round one this year, I will be there."
He admits it will be a different 'JYY' fans will see.
He has had to make some changes to his game - the reason he is playing in the centres instead of on the wing where he shone at representative level.
"I have lost a little bit of my speed," he admitted.
"But I have been working hard with the coaching staff and the boys.
"I have got a bit stronger in the gym, which has helped me.
"I have got a bit more strength but a little less speed."

Fair dinkum how good is this guy, he really is an inspiration.

I think most of us here are pretty realistic about his return @Super Freak and we don't really have any expectations at all. In fact most us didn't really ever expect to see him even play a trial.

That is why we are so proud/excited as we know how hard he has worked both mentally and physically to get himself back into the Bronco Jersey.

And that is what I am celebrating, that his determination and perseverance have paid off to allow him to wear the Bronco Jersey again. After all, this was always his goal. Not to return to Origin, or be the high flying wing that he was.

Sure, he would like to get back to that, but I have a strong feeling that he will just be happy with running on the field with his beloved Bronco strip on.

And so will I. No expectations, just admiration.

I know everyone on here has been pretty realistic about it all. My comment was more about the people where I live, people I've spoken to around town. I wasn't trying to say people on here have been unrealistic if that's what people thought.

Yow Yeh may be a catalyst for that extra 1% that makes the difference, much like Locky's farewell did in 2011...

He certainly is a shining light and an example to follow by everyone in the club!

@Porthoz , your avatar is something special... It reminds me how I didn't appreciate things enough when I was younger. I do now!
Haha. Can't take any credit for it.

We need more of this at the Broncos games though... we certainly did last year!

interesting decision to start him in the centres i would of thought the defensive workload may of been a tough ask in his first game back,, i wonder if jharal and vidot will wind up swapping positions at some point

interesting decision to start him in the centres i would of thought the defensive workload may of been a tough ask in his first game back,, i wonder if jharal and vidot will wind up swapping positions at some point

Perhaps, though trials aren't really played with a huge amount of intensity compared to actual matches so I think its probably as good a time as to get him tested defensively, though you could be right I wouldn't be surprised to see both interchanging defensively.

From what I've read, Centre is his only option at this point, short of second row. He knows he has to improve his defence and he is welcoming the challenge.

thats interesting,, i would of thought given that he was fit he would get first crack at his wing spot come round 1 ? considering vidot is a more established centre then jharal. and i actually have a hunch that they may wind up putting hoffman into the centres while hodges is gone,, my rough back line guess for round 1 is :

1 barba
2 vidot
3 reed
4 hoffman
5 yow yeh
6 strasser / nikorima ? ( kahu still seems to fragile )
7 hunt

The 'BHQ loves JYY' eagle has landed! Big tube sitting on my deck - time to have a sneaky peak at the new logo :whoo:

Hang on! I just opened up a tube here and it's the JYY banner! And I'm missing is a naked picture of my wife that I printed. Oh dear God...

Hang on! I just opened up a tube here and it's the JYY banner! And I'm missing is a naked picture of my wife that I printed. Oh dear God...
Haha, symbolsoup won't see the new logo yet after all.
[MENTION=8282]symbolsoup[/MENTION], you can return the "wrong" tube to Morks next weekend (after we take a few highres pictures of it)! :wink:

Bloody hell! You have exceeded yourself Morks, this thing is pro!

Nice heavy canvas and a great quality print!

So, is the new logo the "map of Tassie"?? I love it! :love:

No, but seriously, a really great job. I'll be very proud to be holding it up on BHQ's behalf. It is bloody massive though!

Hey there buddy, tread carefully....

And yes. Pro. It's almost as if it's something I could do as a living...

Well done [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] . You've stepped up again .

The only thing I'm concerned about to be honest is that I didn't have time to properly get the edges sewn up. Normally we'd either tape them up in-house or better yet, get them heat welded by the canvas mob down the road. Better again, ropes & eyelets sewn in so it can be hung. But that adds an extra day to get it made. Because it's only going to be relevant for a year at best (and potentially only a week if we care to admit it), I was willing to risk it in order to have breathing room for the courier.

The fact that it was collected Wednesday arvo and only just got to you after lunch today vindicates my decision.

I called Dolphins to ask their advice on where an appropriate and effective spot at the grounds would be. Everyone is busy getting the place ready and the receptionist couldn't get through to any of the appropriate staff - waiting on a callback.

Any tips? Keeping in mind that 3m sounds small, until you see this thing. Holding it up between two people is not really gonna be that easy, especially over the course of a few hours.

Still not sure on position. I'll likely get out there at about 5pm(ish).

I'm considering cutting a piece of dowel in half and attaching to each end of the banner to make holding up easier. Or, I could potentially put eyelets in each corner so it could be mounted on fixed fencing, but I don't feel good about putting holes in this thing..

So, tips on location at the ground and practicality in holding it up/mounting it will be much appreciated.
There should be holes in it already... :spy:

I called Dolphins to ask their advice on where an appropriate and effective spot at the grounds would be. Everyone is busy getting the place ready and the receptionist couldn't get through to any of the appropriate staff - waiting on a callback.

Any tips? Keeping in mind that 3m sounds small, until you see this thing. Holding it up between two people is not really gonna be that easy, especially over the course of a few hours.

Still not sure on position. I'll likely get out there at about 5pm(ish).

I'm considering cutting a piece of dowel in half and attaching to each end of the banner to make holding up easier. Or, I could potentially put eyelets in each corner so it could be mounted on fixed fencing, but I don't feel good about putting holes in this thing..

So, tips on location at the ground and practicality in holding it up/mounting it will be much appreciated.

Beat me to it! Yeah, pockets down the sides was another option but again, tick tock tick tock.

Funny you say that about the Dolphins. I emailed them on Wednesday morning asking the exact same thing. I only got a reply 5 minutes ago saying that the email ended up at the ticketing agents, not the venue staff, so I'd be better off calling them...

I'd have thought that would have been a complement to you ;) You know, the car's too big for the garage..

So should I tear the edges off this dot matrix paper? And I noticed you coloured outside the lines with your crayons a little. You're gonna need to practice a bit more if you wanna do this for a living... :aetsch:

Watch what you touch. I'd run out of liquid paper so....

Best place would probably be at the top of the hill on the ashmole rd side which is the hill on the right when you go through the entrance.

Although, if you get there very early and you can get a spot on the opposite hill, the top of that would be better. That way Yow Yeh can see it when he runs out of the tunnel.

Don't ask the Dolphins, you'll be lucky to get an answer from them.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.