Yow Yeh to play in the trials

What's the best way of making these pockets down the sides to slide the dowel in. Staples sound dodgy and weak, sowing aint my forte, though we do have a sewing machine now... Not sure it would go through canvas though. Could get a needle and sow... Actually I have a staple gun, I could staple it onto the wood, but it would damage the edges.

Considering it's yours Morkel, I don't want to damage it.

If we were to do pockets, I would have left some excess material on both sides that we'd fold over and use some super-dooper banner tape on. So you're kind of stuffed. Though IIRC it could probably lose 50mm on each side without making it look silly. If you are using wooden dowell, you best bet would be to wind it on one loop and actually put a few screws through it. If you can use a washer it will have less chance of twisting the material when the head hits the surface.

I'll draw up a quick diagram...

SewingInstructions_zps9b2b09de.jpg

Sloppy work Morks, where's the screw thread?

Good, good. That's exactly what I was considering. Just wrapped around broomstick to test and there may be a small cropping on each side. There's about 60mm on each edge. Bunnings trip here I go.

Don't go to too much trouble!!!!

Though if you are going, I'd suggest you also run a strip of double-sided tape down the sides too, between where the 2 layers of banner overlap. And maybe 4-5 screws on each side to spread the load. Gold screws. The expensive ones. In fact, get some 50mm stainless tubing and rig up a frame. Do you know how to weld?

Might add some LED strip lights while I'm at it, and I could disassemble my old Creative Zen MP3 player and wire in a custom sound system. Actually, there's a horse in a paddock down the road. I could "euthanise" it and then stuff it and mount the banner (in frame) on top.

No trouble. :)

If you're going to do that, print out the other new logo that has the horse & lady. Attach to banner. And euthanise a naked soapy chick. Staple one side of the banner to the dead horse, the other to the dead chick. The soapier the better.

Wishing the kid all the best for his return to the big-time.

While i won't get to watch the game, i'll be making sure i read about his performance from those of you who will attend.

Can't wait for his return :)

@Big Pete has given me orders for a 1000 word report to be delivered by 12am Sunday morning. Not sure if I'll make it by the deadline, but I'll do my best. For what it's worth, my memory aint great, so I'll be juggling a 3m banner, a SLR, an iPhone, a pie, hotdog, beer, and a notepad and pen.. Should be interesting.
[MENTION=8311]Harry Sack[/MENTION], guess who's prime for a dacking!

I'll be there from 2pm on the froths so I can assist with informing everyone. I'll pace myself so I remember all of it ;)

@Big Pete has given me orders for a 1000 word report to be delivered by 12am Sunday morning. Not sure if I'll make it by the deadline, but I'll do my best. For what it's worth, my memory aint great, so I'll be juggling a 3m banner, a SLR, an iPhone, a pie, hotdog, beer, and a notepad and pen.. Should be interesting.

Harden up, Princess. :laugh:

You could always eliminate the need for the notepad and pen by using the voice mode on the iPhone.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dazza 92
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.