Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he was re-signed at the end of 2017, after he had already returned to his less than average usual performances (2010 and 2016 being the exceptions).
I couldn't believe they extended his contract by 4 years when he was already 30, especially at that ridiculous salary.
Bennett.

True but I'd be making sure Fifita is locked down.

Edge back rowers are very important cogs in a team nowadays and having Sua and Fifita lined up for the next decade looks good business
Edge back rowers are also one of the few positions in oversupply. By all means pay them fairly, but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot if you pay overs for an 11 or 12 when even mediocre halves attract 600k+ per season and there are fewer quality 9s than there are teams.

Currently to lock in TPJ on such a huge contract would be suicidal to our cap. Its pure crazy. Wolfie is completely on the money.

We are much better off spending that huge cash on other young forwards and building a stable pack. So far his performances and fitness is 50/50. We already have Payne on big dollars - we cannot and should not pay big dollars for another when we have guys like Oates off contract at season end.

I like TPJ, but if we had to lose two or three out of Fifita, Sua, Offa, Lodge, Carrigan and Flagler to keep him the, seeya TPJ. He is not consistent enough, fit enough or smart enough on the field to warrant a million dollar contract. Right now, give me Glenn or Staggs over TPJ any day.

Lodge
McCullough
Offa
Glenn
Gillett
Sua

Fifita
Flegler
Haas
Carrigan
Staggs

That looks the goods to me.

Even with TPJ not included it's hard to fit all our best in.

If TPJ goes because we can't afford to compete for him, it's our own damn fault for re-signing past it plodders like Boyd. We should have fucked him off to be with Daddy in the off season
Really? Still with the pathetic 'daddy' routine? Exactly how do WE **** him off with years to run on his contract. Time to build a bridge.

Surely it’s just a ploy by his manager to get more money.

Agree with guys on here, if he does sign for them (dont even want to mention their name) either

1/ Q-Cup

2/ My vindictive preference- Play him 80 min a game in the forwards until he burns out

I disagree with the TPJ to Q Cup thing. He is entitled to look after himself. That said we should do what we can to build a team long term. That means TPJ goes from a starter to an impact player on the bench. That way you get the most out of his talent whilst blooding more long term prospects. He's handy and fairly good used as such.
However, if a young Carrigan or Flegler show they are ready, its straight into Q Cup with him. Simply put, he goes from an ongoing prospect in development to Fensom or Tagatese type player that fills the gaps.
As far as I know, nothing's definite yet, so I'd hold my powder for the moment.

Would it be worth us going after Gutho? Not sure he would be the organising 7 we need, but I think he would be streaks ahead of Boyd at 1.. ?

Would it be worth us going after Gutho? Not sure he would be the organising 7 we need, but I think he would be streaks ahead of Boyd at 1.. ?
I thought about this as well. The main reason is his competitiveness. With a good team around him he could be the difference in attitude a young team lacks (eg our first 20 minutes of both losses this year, the close losses we continuously suffered the past few years). The question is whether he is worth the money he will probably want, and that's a no from me. He isn't that much better then boyd, just his attitude and will to win is

Last edited:
I thought about this as well. The main reason is his competitiveness. With a good team around him he could be the difference in attitude a young team lacks (eg our first 20 minutes of both losses this year, the close losses we continuously suffered the past few years). The question is whether he is worth the money he will probably want, and that's a no from me. He isn't that much better then boyd, just his attitude and will to win is
I'd love to have Gutho at the club. He'd be a great influence on Milford and would challenge him to be more physical and stay in a contest. He's the kind of player that will not stop for 80 minutes even if we are struggling. I don't think he'd be asking for too much to be honest. Maybe 500.

According to the Newcastle Herald Esese isn't happy at the nights. If TPJ signs else where he could be a good option?

Let’s go King Gutho

Having Herman back would be great, although unless we lose two forwards, I don’t see him getting regular game time. That’s not even knowing if Seibold would want him or not

If TPJ is off to the roosters Blayke brailey anyone?
Off contract, his brothers in the way of a full time hooking role, would put much needed pressure on mccullough if Turpin isn't the answer. Could spend the rest of the money we saved not re-signing part TIME million dollar man TPJ, and use it to re-sign fifita jnr, flegler and dearden to long term deals. Would set us up VERY WELL for the future I believe.

Remember what day it is today peeps. TPJ signing "rumour" going around.

Folau appears to be in trouble with the ARU again over his personal beliefs.
If he ends up getting punted the broncos should make a play for him.
Would definitely solve our fullback
Issues.
Not saying it would happen but would be great for us if it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.