State of Origin Game 1 - QLD vs NSW

No they didn't deserve it, they won off a try from a forward pass.

I have been drinking all evening so can't even remember who,but they got a try in the first half I thought the pass was pretty sus but 9 would only show a replay from behind the in-goal area, no side on replay.

Proud of the effort from our lads. The refs not so much. JAC def knocked ball outta the hands of Gaigai. And also the lost call against Gaigai was knocked out by Chrichton. But all in all I thought we did well

I have been drinking all evening so can't even remember who,but they got a try in the first half I thought the pass was pretty sus but 9 would only show a replay from behind the in-goal area, no side on replay.
It was the tackle before Mitchell's try. Maloney to Cordner, Cordner was basically straight in front of Maloney.

If I'm picking the game 2 team -

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Holmes
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Ofahengaue
17. Bukuya

Bullshit. Yes it was forward but they scored 4? constructed tries to our one. Holmes’ was individual brilliance mixed with luck; if he didn’t take that, it was another try against us.
But he did take it, and the calls that followed weren't individual brilliance or luck, they were incorrect calls that favoured the NSW team. QLD have a right to be disappointed due to very, very, very unfavourable calls.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Holmes
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Ofahengaue
17. Bukuya

They wont drop Chambers. He has credits banked.

Bullshit. Yes it was forward but they scored 4? constructed tries to our one. Holmes’ was individual brilliance mixed with luck; if he didn’t take that, it was another try against us.

Horseshit penalty right in front to gift them two (a penalty QLD were entitled to more than once if things were even) a try off a forward pass and not giving QLD a restart right on half time after JAC knocked it dead...

NSW were good, but take those things out of the equation and things would have been different. That said, QLD's missed tackles were ridiculous and contributed to the loss, as well as the predicted lack of game management from Hunt and Munster.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Holmes
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Ofahengaue
17. Bukuya

**** Napa. I would rather Thaiday.

Result was pretty much what I expected, we just don't have the talent to stick with them, simple as that.

Kev and the selectors picked a shit team, I stand by that even more after we just lost.

Cooper is trash tier, no way he's the best no.11 in QLD, I'd have Papalli there at the very least, with another bench prop replacing Papa, until Gillett is back anyway. Morgan is a 14 or nothing, I do rate Morgan as a player, but he's absolutely not origin fullback level. Napa is an overrated hack, never liked him, nothing but a cheap shot merchant. I'd rather have Joe O, a genuine prop who can actually make metres and plays clean.

Ponga has to be in the 17 for game 2. Give him a full prep in camp and to work with the boys. That game was made for him. The amount of times GI, or Munster got thru the line and had no one pushing up in support was very disappointing. This is where Ponga comes into it. The kid can and would pop up everywhere.
Milf wasn’t used in the game, so I’m not sure he makes the cut for game 2 in this team.
Champers, Napa and Hess really need to stand up if they survive for game 2.
Bring Ponga, Gillo and slater in for game 2 and I like our chances much more then tonight’s side.
Wasn’t sure about Hunt at 7 prior to the game and tonight has left me still worried about him in the big games.
The boys also need to learn to jump, was obviously their plan not to jump but it just doesn’t work staying on the ground.
An as expected night for mine, I think there is much more improvement in this side.

Didn't read the the rest of the thread but were everyone's thoughts on T Turbo try? Double movement? Did Munster have a hand on him?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.