State of Origin Game 1 - QLD vs NSW

Not one commentator made a comment about the forward pass...they all went quiet.

It's going to be a big ask to win in Sydney in game two.

Get the band back together in slater, Cronk , jt and smith. Just to Piss off nsw. It would be hilarious

So wait a second..... a flick pass in 10 games warrants him to be a mainstay kn the team... TEN GAMES, TEN! And that was at centre, hardly an asstonishing talented play for a state level centre these days
We won that series, without him we would've lost that game and series. He is hardly deserving of your harshness. He was actually fairly good tonight.

He's been asked to play so many positions though. It's not easy. He's never been picked in his preferred position of the halves.
So he doesnt look dangerous in that tole off he bemch and he is having trouble in dofferent positions??? So why the hell is he in that role then?

Just want to say I thought Cleary went well. Didn't do anything special but his defence was solid and he is one tough kid. He's locked up that 7 jersey for as long as he wants I think.

DCE is a better overall halfback than Hunt. We are crying out for DCE for game two. CRYING OUT!

I wouldn't make many changes to the side, Slater will take fb and Morgan will go back to the bench, so Milf drops off
Someone goes for Gillett, imo Arrow as I didn't see him involved too much but then again he might've been doing a lot of the dirty work/1%'ers that goes unseen at times.

apart from that, don't really see any changes. you can't drop gagai or holmes even if the argument can be made for oates' meters out of our own end - he wouldn't of scored either of the tries the aforementioned guys did so I don't see how you squeeze him in.

We won that series, without him we would've lost that game and series. He is hardly deserving of your harshness. He was actually fairly good tonight.
Lol... his flick pass won the series? So the other 79 minutes in that game and the other 2 games are just null and void? Another centre could have scored a try or did a simple draw and pass, does that mean we dont win the series if thwy do that? Its ONLY his sublime flick pass talent that gets us home. He is in the team soley for this or does he have other talent?

I agree. We batted well above our weight for the most part.

Tedesco is as special as I called him years ago, yet certain folk on here called him over-rated. Still think we can shut him down, but we need a specific game plan to do so.

It's his fucking offloads that kill us, because players actually follow him. We are in two minds trying to shut him down, which is dangerous as **** by itself, but then his offloads on top of that is crazy.

If I haven’t mentioned the player in this comment, I either believe they went OK or better than OK.

Chambers - awful. He’s supposed to be experienced but got outplayed by 2 / 3 NSW rookies tonight.
Wallace - pretty poor. Better than Napa though.
Napa - competing with Chambers for worst on ground, but Chambers has him. Boy, we are light on for props.
Cooper - solid but we need dynamic if we’re going to have bog average props. Kaufusi was much better in just about everything he did.
McGuire - I’m a massive fan of him, but he was underdone and was always a risk. Needs more miles in the legs to get the best out of him.
Hess - scratch my previous comments, easily worst on ground. More Jane than Dane Carlaw.
Milford - didn’t do anything wrong, but was wasted. Needs more time, he’s not a miracle worker.

EDIT: still proud to be a Queenslander. The boys tried hard, just need to a bit better and we’re still very much in with a chance.

Last edited:
I wouldn't make many changes to the side, Slater will take fb and Morgan will go back to the bench, so Milf drops off
Someone goes for Gillett, imo Arrow as I didn't see him involved too much but then again he might've been doing a lot of the dirty work/1%'ers that goes unseen at times.

apart from that, don't really see any changes. you can't drop gagai or holmes even if the argument can be made for oates' meters out of our own end - he wouldn't of scored either of the tries the aforementioned guys did so I don't see how you squeeze him in.
I'd basically run with the same side but wouldn't mind us playing a bit more footy. Get some offloads and second phase happening. We were a bit too one out and predictable. We need to ask more questions of the defence. For a moment there, I thought I was watching a broncos game.

Lol... his flick pass won the series? So the other 79 minutes in that game and the other 2 games are just null and void? Another centre could have scored a try or did a simple draw and pass, does that mean we dont win the series if thwy do that? Its ONLY his sublime flick pass talent that gets us home. He is in the team soley for this or does he have other talent?

You seriously need to start watching him play.

We couldn't buy a penalty all game but it hardly mattered in the end. Tedesco tore us to shreds all night up the middle and our missed tackles were unacceptable. Gavin Cooper was comfortably the worst on ground. Just utter trash from start to finish. Munster had a pretty forgettable night too.

Id do the same but take hess out for gillett, and consider scott coming in-then arrow out then if scott gets his form. Scott off the bench.
And it wont happen but id love ponga or oates in for morgan on the bench. Imagine oates running it at you fresh in the 75th minute with a broken line kick chase......

We couldn't buy a penalty all game but it hardly mattered in the end. Tedesco tore us to shreds all night up the middle and our missed tackles were unacceptable. Gavin Cooper was comfortably the worst on ground. Just utter trash from start to finish. Munster had a pretty forgettable night too.

No way. Cooper made some pretty clutch tackles. Chambers missed 10 tackles!

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.