NEWS ‘Controversial call’: NRL to investigate bunker backflip

Thats a massive brain fart man, a brain fart worthy of being stood down for a week or two at least as the NRL have had to come out and publicly defend what looks like an unprecedented fuckup.

So frustrating.

He has been punished by...being named origin ref. Yep, he is being held up as THE best ref as punishment for his screw up.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past this administration to have the ref team sit down and do some recordings, distort the audio a bit and pump it back out to us ninnies who keep watching this farce. All to save face while the game is systematically changed into an entirely different "product".

What does it matter anyway? They were never going to give us 2 competition points for their mistakes. They are rarely going to admit fault again like they did with the Carrigan hip-drop. In the end, the game is done, the points are gone and the Broncos themselves will have to step up and beat these teams convincingly, so it doesn't come down to a tight ending where a stupid, controversial, probably wrong "50/50" decides the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past this administration to have the ref team sit down and do some recordings, distort the audio a bit and pump it back out to us ninnies who keep watching this farce. All to save face while the game is systematically changed into an entirely different "product".

What does it matter anyway? They were never going to give us 2 competition points for their mistakes. They are rarely going to admit fault again like they did with the Carrigan hip-drop. In the end, the game is done, the points are gone and the Broncos themselves will have to step up and beat these teams convincingly, so it doesn't come down to a tight ending where a stupid, controversial, probably wrong "50/50" decides the game.
I'd be lying if that same thought didn't cross my mind. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but just the thought alone is hilarious.

Freaky just echoed what I wrote earlier. He's not being a contrarion, he just watched the video and I'd suggest @Sproj and @broncos4life do the same.

@Foordy is 100% right. Gee may not have interfered, but that was blatant incompetence from Klein and you know you're in trouble when he's supposedly the best official.
What do you mean? We did watch it and Sproj transcribed it?!!

They'll never sack their number 1 spin doctor

Spin this......

The referee's "team" is introduced into the playing league as the next 18th club

Annersley is Coach

He has a team of "referee coaches/trainers".......... (of which he currently does)

The refs/playing team score points each round by not fucking things up.

West Tigers have already said they love the idea........

@McHunt put me on the payroll......

?

The bunker doesn't broadcast their deliberations. Here is the complete audio.
I understand what you are saying now so apologies but this all doesn’t make sense. I was at the game with my sportsears on and right after Klein says he has cleared the contest Gee says “it doesn’t look right to me Ash” and then he goes straight back to reviewing. I am certain of this because I heard it and that is the same time that everyone in the stadium with sportsears starts booing.

I can’t see how this ‘extra audio’ fits into that but whatever, the NRL will continue to do what they want and there is nothing we can do so all good.

I understand what you are saying now so apologies but this all doesn’t make sense. I was at the game with my sportsears on and right after Klein says he has cleared the contest Gee says “it doesn’t look right to me Ash” and then he goes straight back to reviewing. I am certain of this because I heard it and that is the same time that everyone in the stadium with sportsears starts booing.

I can’t see how this ‘extra order’ fits into that but whatever, the NRL will continue to do what they want and there is nothing we can do so all good.
The sports ears only pick up the referee's mic, it doesn't pick up the bunker beyond what makes the air. So this is an entirely separate feed so when Klein had cleared the contact, he was actually waiting for another angle to confirm whether Walsh had eyes on the ball or the player. Klein appears to be suspicious of Walsh when Gee weighs in and seemingly echoes Klein's sentiment with 'Yeah, it doesn't look right to me'.

It's a dogs breakfast but from that footage/feed Gee didn't overrule the bunker.

The bunker doesn't broadcast their deliberations. Here is the complete audio.

Everyone else might think you're a **** Pete...... but I dont believe 'em.

All afternoon I wanted to see the Annersley interview showing how the "system" works......but
I was too mother fucken lazy to search for it. (plus, I'm a busy guy)

I come home....get 4 beers into a chill, and @Big Pete .....has posted the interview in a convenient and easy place to find.

What a wonderful man you are. 🍻

So after viewing the interview, IMO......

The bunker were working their way through it, independently of the on field ref.
The on field ref then joined in on the "thinking out loud" conversation going on.....which was heard by the TV audience.
The TV audience wasn't privy to the rest of the conversation that was going on simultaneously, as the on field referee's comments. We heard one voice in a 3-4 person conversation.
Public outrage ensues......

Pull the mike on the on field ref/s........ problem solved.

RE: The interview
Annersely's verbal conversation was atrocious.......he's a boob.

I'll take the compliment, but it was actually @Sproj who went to the effort.

I reckon if Kotoni doesn't jump and Walsh catches it no one cares if he has eyes on the ball - it would be a contest for ball.
The issue is because Kotoni catches it, it makes Walsh's contest look unfair or interference.
It Kotoni's fault!
Annesley and the rest of the NRL administration are still Muppets and should be called out on this BS.

The sports ears only pick up the referee's mic, it doesn't pick up the bunker beyond what makes the air. So this is an entirely separate feed so when Klein had cleared the contact, he was actually waiting for another angle to confirm whether Walsh had eyes on the ball or the player. Klein appears to be suspicious of Walsh when Gee weighs in and seemingly echoes Klein's sentiment with 'Yeah, it doesn't look right to me'.

It's a dogs breakfast but from that footage/feed Gee didn't overrule the bunker.
Wait, so could the on-field ref hear the discussion in the Bunker? Because that would mean the sports ears could hear it too. So why would the On-Field ref join the conversation if he could not hear the Bunker?

Still smells.

Wait, so could the on-field ref hear the discussion in the Bunker? Because that would mean the sports ears could hear it too. So why would the On-Field ref join the conversation if he could not hear the Bunker?

Still smells.
Separate feeds.

When a player gets pinged for foul play, we only hear one side of the conversation.

What in tarnation. That changes everything. I love the Bunker again.

When they do admit fault they name more mistakes that went against the storm so it looks like we got off pretty well.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.