08/09 Premier League Thread

Good luck to him - don't think he's going to swamped with offers if that's his asking price

Barry's joined City for 12m.

Kaka supposedly moving to Real Madrid for 65m Euro's.

Hmmm Bad move from Barry in my opinion.. he's what.. 28? By the time City are playing in Europe and competing with the top 4 he would be too old... with no medals to his name. I guess every player has their price.

I don't think it will be as long as everyone thinks for City to start being more competitive. If in the transfer window they can get a quality center half and a good striker who cag bag plenty of goals then I would expect them to be top 6 contenders.

TBH I think Villa might start to fade a bit now unless they pick up some good players before next season. Barry was a very crucial part of their midfield so he will need to be replaced or their back 4 will be a lot more exposed.

I agree, Villa are not going to be able to replace barry with 12m.

Barry originally wanted to leave Villa for Champions League football.

City are hardly guaranteed to qualify. I'd be dirty if i was a Villa supporter.

Chelsea go after yet another central midfielder LOL, how could you possibly fit Kaka, Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Mikel and Cole all into the same midfield. Chelsea need wingers.

^ and deco, he is such a forgotten man in Chelsea's side!

I've heard Deco will be on his way out now that Ancelotti is there. Wouldn't be a bad idea on his behalf unless he wants to warm the bench for 50k per week lol

Yeah he needs to get away from England the pace and toughness doesn't suit him, if he went to Italy he would carve like Veron/Rui Costa because he would have that time on the ball to pick his passes.

Real Madrid have confirmed that they have wrapped up their protracted pursuit of Brazil playmaker Kaka.

Kaka’s future was subject to fervent speculation throughout last week and, despite reputed late interest from Chelsea, the player always looked destined to swap Milan for the Spanish capital.

Details of the transfer are yet to be revealed but it seems certain that it will be for a world record fee of £56 million, eclipsing the £48 million also paid by Real for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Kaka underwent a medical in Brazil on Monday afternoon and news of the deal’s completion was confirmed on Madrid's official website late in the evening.

"He is a Real Madrid player now after an agreement was reached with AC Milan," read a statement.

"The Brazilian has passed all the tests of the medical examination satisfactorily. Kaka has signed a contract with Real Madrid for the next six seasons."

Milan also confirmed the news in a similarly brief statement that paid tribute to the service Kaka had given to the Italian club.

“From next season, Kaka will play at Real Madrid,†read the statement.

"AC Milan thanked the man and the great champion Kaka for his decisive contribution to the many victories achieved in the six years of his commitment.

"The loss of technique, while serious, can be remedied.

"It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kaka, a shining example of commitment and professionalism.

"AC Milan, (according to) the wishes of the managers, players and supporters of The Rossoneri, offer him the most cordial and affectionate wishes for the continuation of his sporting career."

Kaka is currently on international duty with Brazil and is expected to be unveiled by Real towards the end of June.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Foot ... nid-56337/

Real Madrid still have plenty of money left apparently.

Can't stand the way they go about their business.

Perez proves once again that he gets his man, everytime. Well done.

They can buy all the attacking talent in the world and their defence will still be shit.

80m for Ronaldo ay. Whatever floats your boat.

It's just utterly amazing.

Plus they still want to sign David Villa, Silva and Alonso.

See Barca fans, this is what happens when you win the el classico 5 zip.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.