08/09 Premier League Thread

When Fabregas hit the post, i was literally half a second from going absolutely crazy in celebration.

Wasn't to be though. Can't stand watching those slimey ***** celebrating.

The sad thing is, i think they're going to be lauded as one of the great teams in the future because of what they have won, but in reality they aren't a patch on those great teams in the past - Milan of the late 80's/early 90's, Real Madrid during the late 50's/early 60's, Liverpool in the 70's and 80's, etc.

Makes me sick. They won't win it for a long time now though.

I fucken hope so ning. I hope they turn into the new leeds. C*NTS! I hate them so much. More than any other team. What makes me more sick is most of their "fans"... I often have a go at a lot of big club supporters for similar reasons I'll admit, but the plastic mancs are a cut above the rest. Most of you blokes on here are an exception, you stay up till all hours of the morning to watch your teams play and love them to bits, but Jesus Christ the amount of part time supporters around is a f*cking joke. They all come out of the woodwork when they win trophies it's f*cking unbelievable.
I swear to christ if I get to work on Monday morning and the glory hunting man U douche I work with tries to boast I'll give him the serve of his life. I'm not even kidding I'm f*cking sick of it. WANKERS.

I know what you mean Scotty I know plenty of people who who changed there MSN/Facebook names to Man U celebrations when they win and then I ask them how they played and they go "Oh I didn't see the game" really annoys me. As a plastic supporter like I am I have supported Barca for 15 odd years now, I think I missed maybe between 5-10 matches in all competitions this season and I am going to Spain this year specifically to see the stadium (albeit during off season), I punched a hole in my parents wall when Terry scored the winner against us a few years ago and I felt more excited when Belletti scored the winner a couple of years ago in Paris than I have for any SOO or Grand Final for the Broncos. I am depressed for days on end when we lose a big game, I fucking love the club. Then you get people as you say who jump on board "their team" only when they are winning and don't watch the matches.

On the match, Arsenal had chances and should have led at halftime with all the ball they had but they had little to play for in the end so they didn't exactly throw the kitchen sink at them which would have made it interesting. I would love to go to Old Trafford though I could barely hear the commentators the crowd was so loud all match.

I was watching it last night, and got the impression that despite everyone having the big wraps on Ronaldo, he is a bit of an Eff-wit. Am I correct?? eusa_think

JebaMock said:
I was watching it last night, and got the impression that despite everyone having the big wraps on Ronaldo, he is a bit of an Eff-wit. Am I correct?? eusa_think

Ah, eff-witt would be quite the understatement. [icon_wink

I have wraps on him, because clearly he is an amazing player but he couldn't be more of a cry-baby fark wit if he tried.

JebaMock said:

To try and give you a reference point... think of a cross between Billy Slater and Jaryd Hayne. Buckets of skill but he's an arrogant tosser who dives like a bitch.

He's a petulant little ****. Always whinging, diving, sooking. Amazingly talented, but he just ruins it with his shithouse attitude.

everton have moved into fifth.

Looking at two straight seasons as the 'best of the rest', which is a pretty damn good achievement!!

ronnyd said:
everton have moved into fifth.

Looking at two straight seasons as the 'best of the rest', which is a pretty damn good achievement!!

Considering your gains and losses before the season, this is probably Moyes' best effort with this side. Phenomenal effort.

Tomkins' red card was bullshit, that really shifted momentum in the game IMO.

West Brom relegated. [icon_frown

I liked them. They play proper football, which ironcially probably cost them in the end.

Roman Bednar got caught buying cocaine. Hilarious story, i'll stick in the thread tommorow. He's a dickhead. [icon_lol1.

Which other teams do think/hope will go down?

I'm hoping its boro and Hull, as funny as it would be to see Newcastle go down, I think it would be a lesser competition without them next year.

Boro and Newcastle for me.

Boro are pretty much gone already obviously, and I don't think Newcastle deserve to stay up. Hull were fantastic early in the season, and while they've fallen away badly since, I think the enterprising style they adopted should be rewarded with another season with the big boys

Newcastle and Hull for mine.

I just think it would be hilarious if Newcastle went down. I wouldn't mind them staying up though, guaranteed six points each season. :mrgreen:

I thought Hull were a great team at the start of the season, but their fans seem like twats to me so i want them to go.

Boro are a depressing side IMO, they probably deserve to go down as well but i like Gareth Southgate - even if he's a fairly poor manager - so i'd rather they stay up.

Boro and Newcastle. I think Hull deserve to stay up after their efforts early on. Boro are just sh*t and I hate Newcastle, they're the Tottenham of the north east, think they're top shit and can't accept the fact that they're ordinary.

I was going to say I hope Sunderland stay up but after your degradation of Spurs Scotty I hope you go down [icon_razz1

Think Boro are gone for sure, but same as Ning like Southgate and would be disappointed for him.

Would love to see the Toons go down as never liked them, hope Hull stay up as really think they could be something if they have some money to spend in the off-season as their start to the season was superb.

Will have a soft spot for Wolves next season as the boys play for Wynnum Wolves, and hope the Blades go up again as that is the old mans team (he was born in Sheffield)

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Old Mate
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.