08/09 Premier League Thread

COYS _woohoo_ _woohoo_

The resurgence continues under 'arry !!!!!

Great win for the Boro away at Villa this morning. Tuncay FTW.

Another victory over the Scousers 4 - 2 this morning to the resurgent Spurs

'arry's Blue and White Army march on !!!

Hopefully someone thumps Tottenham soon to bring them back down to earth :P

I'm getting worried about Sunderland, we're having a very poor run of form at the moment.

Even thought most of them were squad players/reserves, that was a disgraceful performance from Liverpool.

No desire or enthusiasm to fight for a result.

Full credit to Tottenham though, they played well.

ningnangnong said:
Even thought most of them were squad players/reserves, that was a disgraceful performance from Liverpool.

No desire or enthusiasm to fight for a result.

Full credit to Tottenham though, they played well.

I was waiting for the second string team excuse ning, a quick look on the benches would show the Spurs bench was pretty impressive as well with most of our top-liners watching on as well.

Gee Torres looks way off his game even considering he is on the comeback track :shock:

A great morning with Chelski also losing to Burnley [icon_lol1.

I hate Rebecca Wilson and love Les Murray and this from him is priceless!

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blogs/le ... ia-152282/

Rebecca, do shut up

On another topic I cannot let this opportunity pass without saying something about the silly, juvenile article Rebecca Wilson wrote in the Daily Telegraph.

Her GPS must have gone haywire on the way to work that day because her car obviously took her to another planet.

Wilson, a kind of Ray Chesterton in drag, contended that ‘soccer’ in Australia was in crisis because Gamba Osaka out-skilled and outplayed Adelaide United in the ACL final.

Which is like saying German football is in demise because Bayern Munich got pumped by Zenit St Petersburg in last season’s UEFA Cup. Or that Spanish football is on the brink of death following Real Madrid’s twice in a row loss to Juventus.

She claims, quite correctly, that Australian players lack the technical skills needed to compete at international level. Wow, what a revelation!

I guess I should feel proud that what Johnny Warren and I and thousands of others have been saying for 40 years has finally got through to Rebecca Wilson. But she ain’t fooling anyone. Most of us can smell an old fashioned soccer basher from a hundred miles.

The curious thing about this is that Wilson’s late father, Bruce Wilson, a lovely man, was a sports journo of serious integrity with a distinct affection for football.

He wrote warmly about it often, including after attending Australia’s victorious game against England at Upton Park in 2003, on which he reported with pride and enthusiasm.

This, we gather, didn’t rub off on his daughter who clings mysteriously to the belief that rugby league, her sport of choice, is some kind of cultural treasure which must be protected, above all against the smelly hordes from the north who, with soccer in their saddlebags, threaten to over-run us, rape our women and gallop off with our children.

I have news for her. The smelly hordes are coming not just from the north but from the east, south and west, from everywhere. Soccer (‘We refuse to call it football,’ she says) will soon engulf this nation to the point that we will all love it so much we won’t be able to breathe.

The times are a changing. So live with it, girl.

My parting advice to Rebecca is this: With your looks, your leathery face and ironed-on hair, not to say your god awful nasal twang, try not to spend 16 days of the next televised Olympics sitting beside the ravishing Sonia Kruger. Not good for the career.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
My parting advice to Rebecca is this: With your looks, your leathery face and ironed-on hair, not to say your god awful nasal twang, try not to spend 16 days of the next televised Olympics sitting beside the ravishing Sonia Kruger. Not good for the career.

That is hilarious!! It's about time someone put the stupid tramp in her place [icon_lol1.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Les Murray is an absolute legend!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/699/tottenh ... eper-coach

Spurs Sack 'Keeper Coach
Tottenham Hotspur have parted ways with goalkeeping coach Hans Leitert, and the Daily Mail reports that manager Harry Redknapp is sounding out another member of his old backroom staff at Portsmouth...

Leitert, the 35-year-old Austrian whose promising playing career was cut short by injury, joined Spurs during the summer specifically to work with the underperforming Paul Robinson.

But the Englishman was soon sold to Blackburn Rovers and Heurelho Gomes was brought in from PSV Eindhoven, a switch that would present a whole new set of challenges.

[icon_lol1. They need to sack the guy that signed Gomes and decided to stop pursuing Karmeni, not the guy who has to attempt to teach a hopeless keeper how to unlearn how to suck.

I don't understand what's happened to Gomes.

Sure, he was never that reliable at PSV, but he's gone to shit at Spurs. That mistake against Fulham was just utterly amazing.

I reckon Kameni will be picked up by the Mancs when Van Der Sar retires, or Arsenal because surely Wenger cannot persist with Almunia much longer and it doesn't look like he's willing to hand Fabianski a chance.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
They need to sack the guy that signed Gomes and decided to stop pursuing Karmeni, not the guy who has to attempt to teach a hopeless keeper how to unlearn how to suck.

They've done that already, Commoli was Director of Football and went went Ramos did.

Gomes shows some goods signs at times, but the problem is his clangers are absolute clangers and cost us goals each time. Problem is the backup is 5 ft nothing and 37 years old so he isn't the answer. Will be interesting game this weekend Gomes vs Robinson [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

[icon_confu You don't rate him?

He has flashes of brilliance, he would make a good deep striker playing behind a good marksman ie.Torres, Berbatov etc. You can't rely on him for bags of goals but you can rely on him for a bit of creativity and enthusiasm.

I reckon he would go well at Liverpool, someone with a bit of creativity would work great with Gerrard and Torres

Scotty said:
[icon_confu You don't rate him?

Not really tbh. Unless I am just too intimidated by watching Bayern to fully comprehend the magnitude of his and his teammates' performances.

Active Now

• Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Culhwch
  • NSW stables
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • broncoscope
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.