08/09 Premier League Thread

pennywisealfie said:
i cant believe how good the prem league is this year! the top 4 is chelsea, liverpool, man utd and arsenal! thats unheard of!!!

This is the first week of the season where those teams have been in the top 4. And before you start being a smart arse about the EPL, think about who constantly dominates the other leagues in Europe. There are only a handful of teams that win. But hey, any excuse to have a go at the English hey? :roll:

Scotty said:
pennywisealfie said:
i cant believe how good the prem league is this year! the top 4 is chelsea, liverpool, man utd and arsenal! thats unheard of!!!

This is the first week of the season where those teams have been in the top 4. And before you start being a smart arse about the EPL, think about who constantly dominates the other leagues in Europe. There are only a handful of teams that win. But hey, any excuse to have a go at the English hey? :roll:

Don't forget to mention how well Hull have done, and Stoke drew with Liverpool and just beat Arsenal.

Both teams that were only promoted this season.

I don't understand the hate towards the premier league.

Spain has 2 constants Barca and Madrid but in recent years have had a few different teams in the top 4; Villareal, Deportivo, Valencia, Athletico, Sevilla, Betis.

what round is it now, like round 10? well done hull, title contenders.

oh and italy is going well at the moment. milan leads then its udinese followed by napoli!!!

but anyway, wasnt having a go really, just making a joke. everyone knows i hate the prem league. tbh every league sucks besides serie a. champions league football is the dominant force. thats why ive always been a fan of european superleague. Barca, Real, Valencia, Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man u, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Lyon, Ajax & FC Porto. no more big 3 or big 4, big games every weekend, every team within a chance of winning and then teams like everton and lazio can stop playing for 5th place.

pennywisealfie said:

oh and italy is going well at the moment. milan leads then its udinese followed by napoli!!!

but anyway, wasnt having a go really, just making a joke. everyone knows i hate the prem league. tbh every league sucks besides serie a. champions league football is the dominant force. thats why ive always been a fan of european superleague. Barca, Real, Valencia, Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man u, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Lyon, Ajax & FC Porto. no more big 3 or big 4, big games every weekend, every team within a chance of winning and then teams like everton and lazio can stop playing for 5th place.

[eusa_eh Based on what? I've never known a more one eyed football supporter in all my life.

Serie A is full of too much corruption these days, i just can't trust anything that goes on in that league.

Once upon a time it was class.

Scotty said:
pennywisealfie said:

[eusa_eh Based on what? I've never known a more one eyed football supporter in all my life.

thats just like saying that maradona is the best footballer of all time. its a fact everyone knows. im one eyed as hell and i dont apologize for it.

But with that said scotty, you're not the most open minded supporter yourself.

pennywisealfie said:
Scotty said:
pennywisealfie said:

thats just like saying that maradona is the best footballer of all time. its a fact everyone knows. im one eyed as hell and i dont apologize for it.

But with that said scotty, you're not the most open minded supporter yourself.

I'm a shitload more than you mate and thats obvious. I find it pretty sad that someone knows they are so one eyed and refuses to contemplate their views.
IMO La Liga and the EPL are the best 2 domestic competitions in the world and while I don't think it's a good thing that the same 4 teams finish in the top 4 every year in England, most other leagues are in a similar predicament so it's ridiculous to single out and criticize the premier league for that reason. I do think the Serie A is a good league and it does produce some fantastic football but IMO it's problems in recent times with corruption and hooliganism mean to me that it is not as good as the English and Spanish leagues.

Seriously penny, sometimes I don't know whether you're trolling around here or just being incredibly biased.

a bit of both really. its obvious sometimes im just mucking around. but yes, i do actually think maradona is the best player ever, yes i think the premier league is boring and yes i love the serie a.

as for what the best league is, i think i might start a new topic for that.

and for you scotty, being a "shitload" more open-minded than me. i dont think thats true. You're the guy who thinks maradona isnt that great of a player coz he scored with his hand against your fave country and coz he did some coke. you dont think the serie a is a good league, because of hooliganism and corruption. this happened a few years ago though! same with me and english league, i think its boring with there crappy styles of play they use which look a mess. this may have changed in the last 3 years or so, but im not interested enough to find out.

I think we are much the same scotty and i dont think its a bad thing. its letting yourself be who you are rather than letting others tell you what u should be feeling.

pennywisealfie said:
a bit of both really. its obvious sometimes im just mucking around. but yes, i do actually think maradona is the best player ever, yes i think the premier league is boring and yes i love the serie a.

as for what the best league is, i think i might start a new topic for that.

and for you scotty, being a "shitload" more open-minded than me. i dont think thats true. You're the guy who thinks maradona isnt that great of a player coz he scored with his hand against your fave country and coz he did some coke. you dont think the serie a is a good league, because of hooliganism and corruption. this happened a few years ago though! same with me and english league, i think its boring with there crappy styles of play they use which look a mess. this may have changed in the last 3 years or so, but im not interested enough to find out.

I think we are much the same scotty and i dont think its a bad thing. its letting yourself be who you are rather than letting others tell you what u should be feeling.

When have I ever said Maradona wasn't that great because of the 'hand of god'?
I've said that he is a cheat for what he did and he was a drugged up loser later in his career but I do acknowledge him as one of the greatest players of all time. Its hard for me to make the judgment on who was the best player out of him and Pele cause I didn't see either of them play and make their impacts on the game. But I respect that you think he was the greatest, many many people think the same. It's not just cause I'm English that I condemn the hand of God so much also. If the situation was reversed I would be disgusted. If you can't win without cheating then you don't deserve to win IMO.
I suppose it's a matter of opinion but I don't see the English style of play as boring, it's fast paced and very physical which makes it exciting IMO. I think the Serie A is a more tactical and calculated style of play which is a bit slower, and I find that a bit boring sometimes. But each to their own.

pennywisealfie said:

I'm not sure I have ever read an opinion that differed from my own as significantly as this one.

Obviously the evidence is heavily in favour of your point given Serie A's outstanding attendance ratings.

You hate the ELP because it shits all over the leagues you follow, understandable.

ningnangnong said:
robbie mustoe said:
I liked the results on the weekend. Hopefully this is the beginning of the 'pool descent.

Lol, why do you hold so much animosty towards Liverpool?

It is a deep hatred. Tbh I can't quite put my finger on where it started. I started following football seriously in the late 90s and I just remember always hating Liverpool with a passion. Everything from the managers they have had to the fuckwit players to the wanker fans and that gay as song to the fact that they think that because they were good in the 80s they should have some god-given right to be the best now. My hatred is most appropriately summed up by the fact that I would rather see Middlesbrough relegated than Liverpool win the title.

robbie mustoe said:
My hatred is most appropriately summed up by the fact that I would rather see Middlesbrough relegated than Liverpool win the title.

That is possibly the stupidest thing i have heard.

Some fan you are.

ningnangnong said:
robbie mustoe said:
My hatred is most appropriately summed up by the fact that I would rather see Middlesbrough relegated than Liverpool win the title.

That is possibly the stupidest thing i have heard.

Some fan you are.

Obviously the hate is pretty strong.

To be honest I would probably almost prefer a relegation battle at the moment. RIght now we are just puttering along year after year finishing 11-13 without ever being in danger. We clearly don't have the capabilities to move up any further. A battle would actually be pretty exciting.

I am jealous in a way of people that have genuine ties to clubs like Southampton that have that history of being in a relegation scrap year after year. The emotion you see on a fans face when they have realised they stay up or go down is much more intense than that of a winner/runner up. There must be no greater feeling in football than having your side perform a last day miracle to stay up ie.Bryan Robson with WBA a couple of years ago.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I am jealous in a way of people that have genuine ties to clubs like Southampton that have that history of being in a relegation scrap year after year. The emotion you see on a fans face when they have realised they stay up or go down is much more intense than that of a winner/runner up. There must be no greater feeling in football than having your side perform a last day miracle to stay up ie.Bryan Robson with WBA a couple of years ago.

I agree. Relegation battles FTW!

Relegation battles aren't as fun when your team isn't putting up a fight. Last season was alright though

Scotty said:
Relegation battles aren't as fun when your team isn't putting up a fight. Last season was alright though

That is true actually.

Do you really think it makes a huge difference what division your mob is in though?

To be honest the only way it would impact on me is how many Boro games I get to watch. I would prob have to subscribe to our TV site if we got relegated.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • porouian
  • NSW stables
  • Skathen
  • Turks85
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Kev_Guz
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.