08/09 Premier League Thread

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
I reckon he would go well at Liverpool, someone with a bit of creativity would work great with Gerrard and Torres

So why pay 20 mill for Robbie Keane [icon_confu

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Russo said:
Scotty said:
I reckon he would go well at Liverpool, someone with a bit of creativity would work great with Gerrard and Torres

So why pay 20 mill for Robbie Keane [icon_confu

I have no idea Russo, Keane is rubbish [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

Seriously though, if they have the money he would be a good buy. Podolski would be worth around 20 million IMO but the scousers seriously overpaid for Keane... but that's the way football seems to work these days.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
the scousers seriously overpaid for Keane... but that's the way football seems to work these days.

You should know. Roy Keane's overpaid for just about every player he's purchased. [icon_razz1

Podolski is worth 15m at the most, but you're right. Man Citeh/Tottenham, etc will become interested thus creating a bidding war which will drive his price way beyond what it should be.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:
the scousers seriously overpaid for Keane... but that's the way football seems to work these days.

You should know. Roy Keane's overpaid for just about every player he's purchased. [icon_razz1

Podolski is worth 15m at the most, but you're right. Man Citeh/Tottenham, etc will become interested thus creating a bidding war which will drive his price way beyond what it should be.

Craig Gordon and Keiron Richardson are the only 2 that come to mind actually eusa_think

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

Craig Gordon and Keiron Richardson are the only 2 that come to mind actually eusa_think

Michael Chopra for 5m.

Anton Ferdinand for 8m.

17m for Malbranque, Chimbonda and Tainio isn't exactly a bargain either.

Sorry to bring you crashing back down to earth. [icon_razz1 [icon_wink

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

Michael Chopra for 5m.

Anton Ferdinand for 8m.

Ferdinand for 8 million isn't too bad, it's a bit steep but I rate him highly for a young center half. Chopra for anything over 2 or 3 mill is a rip off. and 17 Million for the 3 spurs players comes to just over 5 million each. Which is pretty decent IMO.

B

BRFC

Apr 27, 2008
Scotty said:
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

Michael Chopra for 5m.

Anton Ferdinand for 8m.

Ferdinand for 8 million isn't too bad, it's a bit steep but I rate him highly for a young center half. Chopra for anything over 2 or 3 mill is a rip off. and 17 Million for the 3 spurs players comes to just over 5 million each. Which is pretty decent IMO.

Steed might be pretty good but Tainio has barely played and apparently you are already looking to get rid of Chimbonda. And they are both pretty rubbish.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Steed I rated and disappointed he left but he was similar to most of the rest of our midfielders, Taino no thanks, and Chimbonda is too much of a sulker to be any value playing one good game in every 10 if you are lucky.

17 million was good value though...........for Spurs coffers that is [icon_razz1

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Tanio is average, good cover though. Steed is mint. Chimbonda is a good fullback but I do see his attitude as a problem and I'm hoping Keane can pull him in to line. Nonetheless, just over 5 million each for them is pretty decent IMO.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
Ferdinand for 8 million isn't too bad, it's a bit steep but I rate him highly for a young center half.

Daniel Agger = 5.8m
Martin Skrtel = 6.5m
Nemanja Vidic = 7m

All are much, much better defenders. All were cheaper.

I rest my case. :mrgreen:

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:
Ferdinand for 8 million isn't too bad, it's a bit steep but I rate him highly for a young center half.

Daniel Agger = 5.8m
Martin Skrtel = 6.5m
Nemanja Vidic = 7m

And all I bet, would rather go to Liverpool or Man U than Sunderland anyway.

B

BRFC

Apr 27, 2008
Scotty said:
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

Daniel Agger = 5.8m
Martin Skrtel = 6.5m
Nemanja Vidic = 7m

And all I bet, would rather go to Liverpool or Man U than Sunderland anyway.

You have to admit Sunderland pay over for lots of players. Example, Chris samba 400,000, Greg Halford 3.5 mil

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah Keane has a bad habit of that I suppose, not good considering we aren't the richest club out there. That said, at least it's not as bad as the lavish spending of the big 4. TBH I don't care what you say about Sunderlands spending, 20million for Robbie Keane is a bit of a joke.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
Yeah Keane has a bad habit of that I suppose, not good considering we aren't the richest club out there. That said, at least it's not as bad as the lavish spending of the big 4. TBH I don't care what you say about Sunderlands spending, 20million for Robbie Keane is a bit of a joke.

I agree, he's only worth around 12m.

But that's the way it's going to be from now on with teams like Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, etc able to spend whatever they want on a player. All the big teams will be paying 5-10m over what a players real worth is.

It's a shame that money plays such a bearing in the game now.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
In hindsight I did find it quite funny when Chelsea were still pissfarting around trying to get Robinho for a couple of Million less than the asking price, then Man city come along with their new rich owner and nab him straight away. Not even bothered about the price [icon_lol1.

I could just imagine the phonecall from Chelsea to Real Madrid
Chelsea: "Ok, how about 30.5 million?"
Madrid: "Oh sorry we've just sold Robinho"
Chelsea: "Oh really? To who?"
Madrid: " Manchester City"
Chelsea: ".....what?"

[icon_razz1

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I hate being a Sunderland fan [icon_frown

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah a Bolton flogging is very hard to take, they never flog anyone. I wonder if the rumors that Keane will bail soon are affecting the team???

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
To be completely honest if he doesn't lift his game I think he needs to go. It will be hard though because he is the first manager that has actually kept us in the top flight since Peter Reid 6 seasons ago. We need a hard tackling defensive midfielder and a really commanding center half. Our defence was disgusting last night.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • broncoscope
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.