13/14 Football Thread

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Interesting to see that Croatia and Serbia have been drawn in the same group. That's a recipe for success. :witchhunt:

The Qatari's at PSG look like they'll be making a pretty big statement in signing Pastore. Bizarre move on his part, has to be purely financial... unless he sees Ligue 1 as the pinnacle of league football. :haha:

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Portuguese Supercup won by Porto against Guimaraes by 2-1.
Check out the 1st goal, heel by Moutinho, amazing cross behind the standing leg by Hulk, splendid header to finsh it... Can't wait for the European Supercup, regardless of the result it will be orgasmic for sure!

[video]http://www.myspace.com/video/571577610/fc-porto-1-0-v-guimaraes-rolando-4-39/108083588[/video]

Last edited:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Football forum is pretty dead!

I see Cesc has finally gotten his move. Barca have some squad now... not that they didn't already.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Your dislike for the transfer window wouldn't have anything to do with a chap named Luka Modric would it? :cheesy:

Hopefully we can do you a favour this weekend and knock over Arsenal! They're missing a few players at the moment, so hopefully we can capitalise on that.

Meanwhile, I see Robbie Keane is up to his old tricks. This is what he said after signing for LA Galaxy:

"I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true."
Just for reference, here's some previous quotes from him:

20 August 1999: "It has always been my dream to play in the Premiership and I'm over the moon to be joining Coventry."
31 July 2000: "It's every kid's dream come true. I am absolutely delighted at the prospect of joining a world-famous club like Inter."
14 May 2007: "They say five clubs and all that, but I am very settled here [at Spurs] and am really enjoying it."
28 July 2008: "I've been a Liverpool fan all my life, going back to when I was a kid growing up in Dublin, and I always had a Liverpool shirt on my back. To be sitting here today in a Liverpool tracksuit is a dream come true."
6 February 2009: "I'm delighted to be back [at Spurs]. This is a club that's dear to my heart."
1 February 2010: "I am a Celtic fan and did not have to ask much about it. I always wanted to play for Celtic and it works for all parties."
31 January 2011: "I'm ready to help West Ham stay up. I feel I have plenty left to offer at the highest level for at least the next four or five years."
:haha:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Also, you'll probably appreciate this Russo. I imagine Ari Gold will enjoy it as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Ning, that is ****ing hilarious! Like, Seriously, everything else you have ever posted combined is only half as awesome as that video!!! That post seriously has more win that the QLD Origin team!

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
That's pretty win. I should really start to follow football again. Gunners used to be my team of choice -- might have to evaluate that.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Haha, I've read the general idea is - donate sperm, get more Getafe supporters and so forth.

Also, I see Atletico Madrid didn't waste any time in spending their Aguero money! Big deal for Falcao.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Haha, I've read the general idea is - donate sperm, get more Getafe supporters and so forth.

Also, I see Atletico Madrid didn't waste any time in spending their Aguero money! Big deal for Falcao.
Yeah, and no bad word from me to 'El Tigre", who unlike Vilas Boas was of extreme dignity and correction with Porto. He'll be earning a massive salary, but his sporting career took a huge backward step. He won't be playing amongst the best where he belongs, he will just be playing against them... :rolleyes:

45M Euros is a butt load of money and we have heaps of youngsters in our ranks ready to explode in the coming season I hope. It is a big blow right before the showdown with Barcelona though... :sigh:

The Brizz

Deactivated
Unlucky Porthoz, better side won but Porto were in it for a long time and probably should have had a penalty near the end to possibly make it 1-1. The handball by Abidal was the correct call as it was in the D not the penalty box I hate the way commentators constantly get that rule wrong, the D is only there for when spot kicks are taken to give the taker more room. Barca were good in possession today and should have made more of some of the chances, but the difference was Messi although lucky for his goal it took class to round Helton and then his pass for Cesc was a beauty. Sanchez and Fabregas are settling in well both looked sharp in late cameos. Very optimistic for another big Barca season!

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Yeah, the better team won in the end, and you could definitely notice the lack of rythm in our team, with the ball not flowing as well as usual. Of course, Barca had plenty to do with that too.
We suffered a bit with the Copa America, but more so with the U20's World Cup and the loss of Falcao. In a few months we'll hopefully have absorbed the new faces and will be back to full form.
Too bad about the penalty, it could've been the 1-1 and you never know what would happen next.

Still, proud of my team, who played positive footy against Barca unlike other teams with 10x the budget, got the rough end of the pineapple in several ref calls, and stayed within range for most of the game against the best club team ever assembled.

Congratulations to Barca of course!

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Re: 11/12 Football Thread

What a highly embarrassing episode of events today. Farcical penalty to decide the championship and then they give the MOTM medal to the wrong player! I think NSWRL has their next administration team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michel nguyen

Twitter