13/14 Football Thread

Re: 11/12 Football Thread

Coldplay? was it a slumber party?

congrats on the title mate, but gotta say, coldplay playing would be enough for me to celebrate the title at home :P

I'm up watching UCL final. chelsea is doing to drop back shit again, playing very deep. lame. Hope Bayern score soon!

congrats on the title mate, but gotta say, coldplay playing would be enough for me to celebrate the title at home :P

I'm up watching UCL final. chelsea is doing to drop back shit again, playing very deep. lame. Hope Bayern score soon!
Yeah, they went and pinched AVB from us, only to fire his ass because they couldn't play his football style and he was upsetting the established players, who clearly dug his grave.

They went back to their usual negative football, and I really hate that they won the CL. But then again, I hate Bayern as well... :sigh:

Ning.....

Different coach, same result?

I admittedly watched Arsenal's match instead (which was very uninspiring) but imagine Pool were awful. I did see Downing is in the side still which is puzzlingin itself, he is deadset crap!

Not quite.

We did well until Agger got sent off.

WBA's first goal was an absolute belter from Gera - not much you can do about those. They missed a penalty which Agger was sent off for, then they got another penalty which they scored. After that, due to the extra man they had on the pitch, they pretty much dominated us and scored once more.

It's going to take a while for the players to adjust to Rogers' system of football, and we'll probably need to make another couple of signings as we only really have two or three decent attacking players.

Last season was ****ing horrible, so it's going to take a while to get back in the groove. I've got the utmost faith in Rodgers and what he's trying to achieve. I've seen glimpses of what we can be capable of in our pre-season friendlies and Europa League qualifiers, so I'm still confident.

Losing on the first day of the season is such a shit feeling though! :laugh:

Liverpool and Sunderland are both apparently in the running for Adam Johnson, Spurs as well.

Family ties aside, we will obviously be at the bottom of that list but geez he would be a fantastic signing. Liverpool are still after Sahin and Tello on loan as far as I'm aware but I read somewhere that Rodgers told the press over the weekend that he has no money for more signings? In any case it's disheartening to see Liverpool mentioned next to us as we're almost certain to come off second best. Clint Dempsey is another player both clubs have been linked to, however that may well be bollocks (being linked to us) as I would have thought this is Dempseys last big chance to head to a big club.

Reports this morning are also that we are set to sign Stephen Fletcher. I rate him, but not to the tune of 15 millions pounds. For that money we could have surely nabbed a couple of good signings from the continent, it's not like we're struggling to fill our home grown quota.

I'm going to make the effort to watch more football this season. I used to be a Gunners fan so I'll probably jump back on board with them even though I probably know no one now. Haha

Arsenal fans probably don't anyway - cant believe they sold RVP and Song.

Yeah I heard about Van Persie. WTF is going on there. Wegner is such a cheap ass.

Re: 12/13 Football Thread

Van Persie is nearly 30, has an astoundingly bad injury record and didn't want to sign a new contract - can't really blame Arsene to be fair.

I reckon Arsenal will do very well this season. Cazorla is a brilliant signing, and with the new boys Podolski and Giroud up top, they should have plenty of goals in them.

Liverpool and Sunderland are both apparently in the running for Adam Johnson, Spurs as well.

Family ties aside, we will obviously be at the bottom of that list but geez he would be a fantastic signing. Liverpool are still after Sahin and Tello on loan as far as I'm aware but I read somewhere that Rodgers told the press over the weekend that he has no money for more signings? In any case it's disheartening to see Liverpool mentioned next to us as we're almost certain to come off second best. Clint Dempsey is another player both clubs have been linked to, however that may well be bollocks (being linked to us) as I would have thought this is Dempseys last big chance to head to a big club.

Reports this morning are also that we are set to sign Stephen Fletcher. I rate him, but not to the tune of 15 millions pounds. For that money we could have surely nabbed a couple of good signings from the continent, it's not like we're struggling to fill our home grown quota.

Sahin is pretty much nailed on for Arsenal. The link to Tello has gone completely cold, plus we signed some super cool Moroccan dude from Holland who looks extremely skillful, so hopefully he has no issues settling in or anything.

Dempsey will definitely be leaving Fulham - will probably go down to deadline day. I really have no idea what's happening there.

I'd be pretty happy if we signed Johnson, although a fair few Liverpool supporters I know from the internetz aren't too keen on him. He has fantastic ability, but many are worried about how lazy he is (especially in a system like Rodgers', which requires lots of pressing after losing possession), plus there's also some concerns about his off-field behaviour. If he's going at a good price though, it's hard to say no.

I reckon Fletcher would be an awesome signing for Sunderland, and would fit perfectly into the football O'Neill likes to play. Agree with you though Scotty that the asking price is a bit much! For a similar type of striker, he's certainly been much more impressive than the 35m rated Andy Carroll. :001_unsure:

Also, what do you make of that young James McLean lad? Seems to be making a name for himself... reckon he'll reach that upper echelon of players?

Another question for you Scottman (because I missed you :laugh:), how's Connor Wickham been getting on? There was a lot of coverage surrounding his move and he basically seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

Re: 12/13 Football Thread

Is Podolski a gunner now? That's awesome!

Yep. They actually agreed the deal agggggggggges ago... get back in the loop man!

Remains to be seen how he'll do as he struggled with his other big move (to Bayern Munchen), but I reckon he'll be a success. Just needs to hang around the box and bury anything that comes his way with that hammer left peg of his.

Sahin is pretty much nailed on for Arsenal. The link to Tello has gone completely cold, plus we signed some super cool Moroccan dude from Holland who looks extremely skillful, so hopefully he has no issues settling in or anything.

Dempsey will definitely be leaving Fulham - will probably go down to deadline day. I really have no idea what's happening there.

I'd be pretty happy if we signed Johnson, although a fair few Liverpool supporters I know from the internetz aren't too keen on him. He has fantastic ability, but many are worried about how lazy he is (especially in a system like Rodgers', which requires lots of pressing after losing possession), plus there's also some concerns about his off-field behaviour. If he's going at a good price though, it's hard to say no.

I reckon Fletcher would be an awesome signing for Sunderland, and would fit perfectly into the football O'Neill likes to play. Agree with you though Scotty that the asking price is a bit much! For a similar type of striker, he's certainly been much more impressive than the 35m rated Andy Carroll. :001_unsure:

Also, what do you make of that young James McLean lad? Seems to be making a name for himself... reckon he'll reach that upper echelon of players?

Another question for you Scottman (because I missed you :laugh:), how's Connor Wickham been getting on? There was a lot of coverage surrounding his move and he basically seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

Wickham is still very raw, the lad is only 19 so if he is to live up to the hype he will still need time. From what I saw of him last season he looked out of sorts a lot of the time, but that will happen when you're inexperienced and have little playing time in the PL under your belt. It's hard to say how he will turn out at this stage.

McLean is turning out to be a fantastic young player. He's very strong, has pace, knows how to beat a man and has a mean cross on him to boot. He'll go far providing he keeps his head down and works hard. I dare say the reason O'Neil is so keen on Fletcher is to get him on the end of crosses from McClean and Larsson, of his 15 goals last season, 7 were with his head.

On Johnson again, a lot of the critisism I see of him I think is hearsay from City followers who have been spoiled to say the least the last couple of seasons. Johnson can be lazy and greedy as well (there have been a few times I've seen him cut in from the right with a great move, only to lose it when he could have passed and kept the movement going) but with the right man manager, I think he would regain the form that got him signed by City in the first place. I have no idea what Mancini is doing replacing him with Scott Sinclair mind you, I think he will do nothing more than warm the bench. Nathan Dyer is better too.

Apparently Dempsey refused to play for Fulham on Saturday. Poor form from him if true, but he would be a great signing for most teams. Quality player.

Considering Tello started on the weekend I would doubt Tito would let him go but I guess as Villa gets more match fitness and with Cuenca there as well we could afford to let one go and get more first team experience.

Thats the trouble with breeding successful players. its all good tho, all the good ones come back :P

With that said, we won't get to see them this year anyways, besides in Champions League. ****ing espn

Thats the trouble with breeding successful players. its all good tho, all the good ones come back :P

With that said, we won't get to see them this year anyways, besides in Champions League. ****ing espn

Yeah I am so pissed about it, ah well back to online streaming for me :(

How come nobody picked up La Liga rights here?

Active Now

• cento
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • Mustafur
  • Cavalo
  • Evander
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.