20/20 V India

Kept for the Scorchers all summer and the NPS last year in Brisbane. If Bangladesh tour had gone ahead he was the second keeper. Didn't keep for Aus A in India last year, fielded at bat pad while Wade kept.

tim paine is a quality keeper and an outstanding opening batsman

tim paine is a quality keeper and an outstanding opening batsman

Tasmania's selectors don't think so; he's not their one day keeper or Shield keeper and been dropped this year.

i honestly dont know how Tim Paine isnt the Australian keeper for all forms. i rate tim paine so much i belive he could be the best test and one day keeper and keeper batsman of this time. I dont know why the Aussies dont even look at him, ive watched him so much and honestly never seem him drop a catch or miss a stumping not to mention an outstanding batsman, he doesnt even get a go in the shield team. In my opinion he is the most underrated cricketer of all time

i honestly dont know how Tim Paine isnt the Australian keeper for all forms. i rate tim paine so much i belive he could be the best test and one day keeper and keeper batsman of this time. I dont know why the Aussies dont even look at him, ive watched him so much and honestly never seem him drop a catch or miss a stumping not to mention an outstanding batsman, he doesnt even get a go in the shield team. In my opinion he is the most underrated cricketer of all time

You're off your rocker mate. He averages less than 30 with the bat in Shield, at a measly strike rate of 44. He's a decent keeper, and is probably the 3rd or 4th best short form keeper-batsmen in Australia, but to say that he should be the Australian keeper in all forms and could be the best keeper-batsmen of his time is absolutely absurd.

You're right the call to go with Dunk is proving terrible. He's leading the competition for runs and Triffit is now passed Paine with the gloves. That aside let's look at Paine's form for UTAS this year since you want to pick a club cricketer for Tests, ODI and 20/20.

I would suspect that to be picked from club cricket you would want to be going pretty damn well.

Paine

7 games
High score 57
Minutes 302
Runs 217
Catches 7

I can't comment on his keeping because I didn't watch the games but those stats don't fill me with much hope.

He has two Shield games this year too for unremarkable results. 7 dismissals a mere 16 behind Luderman.

Horrible bowling attack. Tait, Boyce, Boltard yuck. Batting doesn't look that great either apart from Khawaja.

waiting to see how far India's price drifts if Australia puts a decent number on the board

$3.45 at present
an_popcorn.gif

Watson was fantastic great hundred and some great running between the wickets.

Great knock by Watto and a good series from him.

Was unlucky in Game II, but he well and truly delivered tonight when his country needed him.

Carn Aussies! (sorry Bull Shark's wallet...)

Great knock by Watto and a good series from him.

Was unlucky in Game II, but he well and truly delivered tonight when his country needed him.

Carn Aussies! (sorry Bull Shark's wallet...)

haha, no biggie if this doesn't hit
handshake-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yeah I'm not really a Watson fan of late but he turned back the clock tonight and batted well!

Active Now

• Xzei
  • The True King
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.