2014 Broncos Season

I'll raise you a Freddy Fittler. He took over the Roosters when they were in tatters from memory, the week after he was named coach they beat the Storm. Pretty sure they ended up making the 8 that year as well. Could be wrong.

And to further continue the theory that he was only a good half-season coach, they got the spoon the following year.

I'll raise you a Freddy Fittler. He took over the Roosters when they were in tatters from memory, the week after he was named coach they beat the Storm. Pretty sure they ended up making the 8 that year as well. Could be wrong.

The Roosters finished 4th that year and went out of the finals in straight sets losing to Brisbane 24-16 and the Warriors 30-13.

I agree totally that the coaching will make or break, but i don't think we have to roster to walk into the 4 unless we pick up quality halves between now and next season. I personally think it will be Griffins last season, which is one season too many for mine.

You don't like Hook?? I had absolutely no idea!!

The Roosters finished 4th that year and went out of the finals in straight sets losing to Brisbane 24-16 and the Warriors 30-13.

For sure, but weren't they out of the 8 when he took over? Point being, mid-season coach change and there was a surge from the team.

To clarify, I'm not a fan of mid-season sackings.

For sure, but weren't they out of the 8 when he took over? Point being, mid-season coach change and there was a surge from the team.

To clarify, I'm not a fan of mid-season sackings.

Yes they were second last on the table when he took over in Round 18 2007 for the remainder of the year the Roosters had a record of 5-2-1 and hauled themselves to 10th. A successful 2008 followed and a horrible year sent Freddy packing at the end of 2009.

Has anyone heard the 25 man squad for next year?
Heard a whisper that one father has already stated on Facebook that his son is in the 25 but i have not seen the squad

Last edited:
Sam Pierce from the Capras will join the NRL training tomorrow.

We have signed the next Inglis:[h=1] NRL clubs converge on Australian Schoolboy titles to scout for future stars[/h]

THERE'S a lot more to running a successful NRL club than turning up to compete for two competition points each week of the footy season. Coaching, training, medical, sponsorship, marketing, membership, welfare, community and promotion are a few of the vital ingredients that can build a successful club.
And then there's the most important component of all - recruitment.
The search to find the next Greg Inglis, Ben Barba, Billy Slater, Benji Marshall or Johnathan Thurston.
It's why all 16 NRL clubs, their recruitment staff and the game's leading player agents converged on Cairns this week for the Australian Schoolboy titles.
This has been the No.1 breeding ground for budding rugby league superstars for many a decade, from champion Test forwards like Les Boyd, Craig Young, Paul Sironen and Bradley Clyde to backline legends like Greg Inglis, Brad Fittler, Andrew Ettingshausen and Greg Alexander.
You walk into Barlow Park and player manager Sam Ayoub asks for your official program. He's one of the sharpest operators in the business with any eye for talent better than most.
"Want to see the next Greg Inglis," he says, flicking the pages until we come to the combined Queensland team.
He puts a circle around the name of fullback Elijah Alick and reveals: "He's just signed for three years at the Broncos."

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Wasn't he playing for our under 20's in 2013?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he was he is only 17 and playing on the wing, but he is a fullback like Inglis.

Something to be excited about watching the u20's next year

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.