2014 Broncos Season

The article is four months old and was around the junior representative season, which explains why they treated him like he was foreign despite making his NYC debut in May.

Really don't like the GI comparison. It's lazy journalism but the kid has a long way to reach that comparison, right now he's still very raw. What will be interesting to see is where he'll end up in the NYC. He played a lot of fullback for Wynnum in the MM Cup but I can't see him dislodging Paul Byrnes who really made an impact there towards the end of the season. If it's a suitable option, I'd be trying to develop him as a natural winger, they're a rare commodity in the game and extremely undervalued.

The article is four months old and was around the junior representative season, which explains why they treated him like he was foreign despite making his NYC debut in May.

Really don't like the GI comparison. It's lazy journalism but the kid has a long way to reach that comparison, right now he's still very raw. What will be interesting to see is where he'll end up in the NYC. He played a lot of fullback for Wynnum in the MM Cup but I can't see him dislodging Paul Byrnes who really made an impact there towards the end of the season. If it's a suitable option, I'd be trying to develop him as a natural winger, they're a rare commodity in the game and extremely undervalued.

If you want a NRL winger you'd be playing him at fullback or centre either work on evasion or toughen him up

If you have him play in-field or at fullback you're just teaching him bad habits that really doesn't suit the wing position. On the wing, you're basically confined to the edges of the field and you have to be extremely economical with your space and be able to make good judgements on when to pin your ears back or head in-field.

The problem with modern wingers is that they're usually young guys who weren't cut out to play fullback or centre and they're usually found a little lost at sea. In some cases, the move is only temporary and either the talent shines through or the player is better for the experience but in a lot of others they're completely shown up.

If you have him play in-field or at fullback you're just teaching him bad habits that really doesn't suit the wing position. On the wing, you're basically confined to the edges of the field and you have to be extremely economical with your space and be able to make good judgements on when to pin your ears back or head in-field.

The problem with modern wingers is that they're usually young guys who weren't cut out to play fullback or centre and they're usually found a little lost at sea. In some cases, the move is only temporary and either the talent shines through or the player is better for the experience but in a lot of others they're completely shown up.

However Fullback would help their development having the ball in their hands more and centre would help with communication, defence and strength. the modern day winger needs to be strong and score in the corner with the opposite winger and the fullback on their back. Nofuluma was a centre in u20's and he is doing quite well, fedlt? centre, ulugia Fb, vidot centre its very common now

Official Site of the NRMA Insurance Broncos | BRONCOS 2014 SEASON MEMBERSHIP ON SALE NOW!

JYY looking pretty solid at preseason training, lets hope he can run. Looks considerably beefed up

And Matt Gillett looks a lot leaner. You'd think he was the winger & JYY the forward:

00089658-Photo.jpg

00089659-Photo.jpg

I thought it was the signal for the cut-out pass.

However Fullback would help their development having the ball in their hands more and centre would help with communication, defence and strength. the modern day winger needs to be strong and score in the corner with the opposite winger and the fullback on their back. Nofuluma was a centre in u20's and he is doing quite well, fedlt? centre, ulugia Fb, vidot centre its very common now

It's way too early to deem these players a success and if anything you're really just making my earlier point about a trend existing. I don't think it should as they're usually glaring deficiencies in their game when it comes to their positioning which ends up hurting the side one way or another.

Good to see the players are slimming down the extra weight some carried this year affected their fitness greatly.

You're all wrong. His hand will permanently be disfigured like that, all because of that pesky fridge. He might not get back on the field because of it...
Maybe he is training for the double Hopoate

1002638_10152002811294631_580869735_n.jpg

Martin Kennedy arrives in Brisbane.

I saw this Kennedy bloke Saturday night with the rest of the broncs crew and holy hell he is a beast. Looks like a professional bodybuilder. Can't wait to see him wreak havoc on the field

Good to see the players are slimming down the extra weight some carried this year affected their fitness greatly.

It's pretty easy to get these guys who are in pre-season training now into shape, but it's much harder to get guys like Thaiday and Parker who are away on international duty into RL shape. They have a mandated 6-7 weeks off once they get back due to the bargaining agreement and then have a pre-season of 4-6 weeks. So they're behind the eight ball to begin with.

It's pretty easy to get these guys who are in pre-season training now into shape, but it's much harder to get guys like Thaiday and Parker who are away on international duty into RL shape. They have a mandated 6-7 weeks off once they get back due to the bargaining agreement and then have a pre-season of 4-6 weeks. So they're behind the eight ball to begin with.
I'm not worried about Parker, Thaiday on the other hand...

All the pieces are coming together, its exciting. And then the Milf will top it all off.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.