2014 Broncos Season

And really, Do we want another halfback that is incapable of breaking the line? .

That is a strange knock to have on a bloke who actually broke the line on several occasions last season. Certainly more than Wallace did.

Mitchell Pearce has played 5 seasons at halfback at NRL level Ben Hunt has played half a season at halfback at NRL level. Maybe if we give him some time he will either prove some of us right or some of us wrong.

Pearce is alot closer to being in the league of Dce and Cronk then Ben hunt. And yes the quality of half back has dropped. Especially at our club!
So you're knocking other people's knowledge of Rugby League and then proceed to put Pearce in the same sentence as Cronk and DCE... gotcha.

Can we leave everyone's RL knowledge out of the conversation. We're all wannabe coaches with an opinion on a forum. Let's respect everyone's view please!

So you're knocking other people's knowledge of Rugby League and then proceed to put Pearce in the same sentence as Cronk and DCE... gotcha.

:hmmmm2:

I for one used to yell when Ben Hunt came on as hooker but I also would stop myself remembering that he is a HB and start yelling at Wallace instead. But even then I still found that Wallace was a tough SOB that could take a big late hit and get up time and time again.
The whole team last year spent way too much time standing around unfit especially our captain! Reading that article on Ben Hunt made me really want to see what he has got in 2014. When he got moved to HB last year he was showing promise but would fade in and out (but you have to expect that when previously for a couple of years he had only been playing 25-30 minutes a game). When Ben Hunt started at HB at the end of last year I remember screaming at the TV just yelling "finally! finally!" when he made a line break. It seemed like one of the first line breaks I had seen in a long time considering how the team played last year.

I can't wait to see how he goes after a proper off season(especially after reading that article).

Ben hunt is far from awesome. Anyone that says that knows nothing about league. Not once last year did he land a short kick or bomb where he intended too. And really, Do we want another halfback that is incapable of breaking the line? Thought that's why we got rid of Wallace...
Ben hunt has committed to our club in the face of other offers ,even though he hasn't always got the breaks, gets dumped on by fans an administration, and didn't get to play in his preferred position. For this I credit him with being awesome.oh I also have belief in him as a halfback.

Ben hunt has committed to our club in the face of other offers ,even though he hasn't always got the breaks, gets dumped on by fans an administration, and didn't get to play in his preferred position. For this I credit him with being awesome.oh I also have belief in him as a halfback.
Not sure about the latter, but he definitely more than deserves the benefit of the doubt and an extended chance to prove his worth!
Can't wait for Cam Smith to come if the rumours are true... How much could he teach Hunt?!?!

Can't wait for Cam Smith to come if the rumours are true... How much could he teach Hunt?!?!

Agreed, if Hunt really takes training seriously, he could possibly have a Cooper Cronk-like rise playing with Smith.

I'll have to concede that. Even if I don't have the same enthusiasm towards him as some others on here, I have to give him massive credit for his perseverance. And loyalty.

Credit where credits due. Hunt has the potential to be one of our greats if he makes the 7 spot his own in 2014.

Does anyone know how Yow Yeh's tracking for a 2014 return?

On a side note, 1st post in a grand total of 4 years. Good to be back:takdir:

Last edited:
Love the reception! Happy to be back. I've been browsing the forum for a few months and thought I may aswell make a return.

I feel we're in for a wild ride in 2014. Very excited to see Barba in Broncos gear.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.