2014 Halves Pairing

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
sorry just want to get some people answering the question.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well you've already asked multiple times in multiple threads, the answer doesn't really change from week to week because there isn't any football being played by any of the halves candidates.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Well there's only 1 halves position up for grabs, Ben Hunt is guaranteed a start.

The only other halves candidates we have are;

Ben Barba - Would prefer him to play Fullback, clearly his best position at this stage.
Josh Hoffman - Would prefer him to play on the Wing, clearly his best position at this stage.
Zach Strasser - Would prefer him to spend more time in Queensland Cup.
Cameron Cullen - Would prefer him to spend more time in Queensland Cup.
Ashley Taylor - Would prefer him to spend more time in U20's / Queensland Cup.

-
-
-
-
-

Anthony Milford - Do want.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Well there's only 1 halves position up for grabs, Ben Hunt is guaranteed a start.

The only other halves candidates we have are;

Ben Barba - Would prefer him to play Fullback, clearly his best position at this stage.
Josh Hoffman - Would prefer him to play on the Wing, clearly his best position at this stage.
Zach Strasser - Would prefer him to spend more time in Queensland Cup.
Cameron Cullen - Would prefer him to spend more time in Queensland Cup.
Ashley Taylor - Would prefer him to spend more time in U20's / Queensland Cup.

-
-
-
-
-

Anthony Milford - Do want.

And if we miss out on Milford and Hunt gets injured?

Troll

Troll

Oct 14, 2013
How about this, I'm a 19 year old uni student with a distinguished junior rugby league career, having played several games in the backyard with my brother, as well as at lunchtime in primary school (where I regularly displayed my highly refined long kicking game). I've also got a fair bit of high level experience, having played for the school team in grade 7 in a 2 day western-suburbs interschool round-robin tournament.

Do you reckon if I shoot Andrew Gee an e-mail, he'll sign me up for a run at five-eighth?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
How about this, I'm a 19 year old uni student with a distinguished junior rugby league career, having played several games in the backyard with my brother, as well as at lunchtime in primary school (where I regularly displayed my highly refined long kicking game). I've also got a fair bit of high level experience, having played for the school team in grade 7 in a 2 day western-suburbs interschool round-robin tournament.

Do you reckon if I shoot Andrew Gee an e-mail, he'll sign me up for a run at five-eighth?

No. Unless you put on 30 kegs.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
I see four teams potentially.
IF we get Milford, I can see a team like this opening round:

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
14. Jake Granville
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Alex Glenn
17. David Stagg/Todd Lowrie

and hopefully we eventually end up looking like this:

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharel Yow Yeh
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
14. Daniel Vidot
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Alex Glenn
17. David Hala

However, if we DON'T get Milford, I would assume we start like this:

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Corey Oates
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
14. Jake Granville
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Alex Glenn

and eventually shift to this:

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharel Yow Yeh
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
14. David Hala
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Alex Glenn

Sorry for all the lists!

Troll

Troll

Oct 14, 2013
Don't worry guys, the name's 'troll' for a reason.

It would take a lot more than '30 kegs' for me to get a run.

Last edited:
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Can't be worse than Norman?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Can you bomb tries with the best of them? Study Maranta highlight footage and I'm sure u can find a way in.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

Are either of your parents unwell, even if it is a transitory headache? Have you ever visited the Brisbane CBD and have some desire to return there? If you satisfy either of those you are a shoe in (at least according to the accepted wisdom on the Greenhouse), in fact I am surprised you are not already signed.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Shame on the rest of you for giving this guy a hard time.

How can you forget loyal club servant Michael De Vere struggling in the Dragons lower grade and writing to Wayne Bennett asking for a chance. Or what about a small blonde hair kid from Ipswich getting a shot at Origin in 1987 and becoming a premiership winning captain for the club?

You people make me sick.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Rabbir, who is that directed at?

Troll

Troll

Oct 14, 2013
My PE teacher felt that I was a promising talent, having selected me as the first choice fullback for the school. With my Sam Kasiano remiscient pace, and imposing 5'9, 75kg frame, I now feel like I'm ready for a Locky-style transition to five-eighth for the big stage where the team needs me most. I've also played a bit of the rugby league computer game, so I think I'll be set to organize the team on the field.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.