2014 Halves Pairing

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Hes already shown he is better than Wallace and Norman. He hasn't yet shown he can lead or organise a team though. So be has shown he can cut it as a running five eight, not necessarily as a world class 7 though.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
I am concerned about the halves defensively. Milford or either barba could do the job in attack with hunt but barba and Milford in the same team causes defensive headaches. Makes me think that we need Glenn and Parker nearby for defensive security guards.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
I don't disagree with the bold but Hunt hasn't really had a chance to prove anything IMO. He's been coming off the bunch for the last couple of years as a Hooker. Reserving judgement at this stage.

Yeah i think you're all prob right, he hasn't really had a good chance! Good luck to him, i hope he does well, but from what he has shown so far it doesn't look like he will be fantastic.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Yeah i think you're all prob right, he hasn't really had a good chance! Good luck to him, i hope he does well, but from what he has shown so far it doesn't look like he will be fantastic.

I'll agree with that, some on here seem to think he'll be an absolute gun (and he very well may be) but I've seen nothing to suggest he'll be any better than solid.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I am concerned about the halves defensively. Milford or either barba could do the job in attack with hunt but barba and Milford in the same team causes defensive headaches. Makes me think that we need Glenn and Parker nearby for defensive security guards.

Defensively I think Hunt is the best of the three, he put a few big hits on some forwards I was impressed with and generally handled it defensively, haven't watched much of Milford at 5/8th but from what I have seen over the years of Barba there prior to his move to fullback, his definitely less of a target at fullback so I'm not keen to move him unless absolute need calls for it.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
So now we only have Hunt, Taylor, Strasser, Paia'Aua, Nikorima, Barba and Milford if he signs to chose from for the halves.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Next year will be Hunt's first full season at halfback and with a full pre-season in that position he will be better prepared for the role.

In total he has played 14 games in the halves for us for 5 wins 8 losses and 1 draw for a win percentage of 36%.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Excited about maybe getting Milford :)

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
So now we only have Hunt, Taylor, Strasser, Paia'Aua, Nikorima, Barba and Milford if he signs to chose from for the halves.

hahaha that's pretty bloody good tbh. Hunt & Milford with Macca at 9 finally needing to step up and direct traffic. Can't wait

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Yow Yeh
5. Vidot
6. Strasser
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Lowrie
17. Hala

No Oates and Mc to play 80 is a concern.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
No Oates and Mc to play 80 is a concern.

If Macca playing 80 minutes is a "concern" at this stage of his career then we should quit while we're ahead and dump him, develop Granville / Baptiste.

And Oates isn't in my top 17, unfortunately, I'd much prefer him have a season of lower grade in the backrow.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
its a concern he hasn't been able to do it yet

He hasn't been told to yet. So he tackles himself silly in 30-35 mins knowing he's gets a breather for another 30 mins. He's ready and, in my opinion, we need him to be ready. Of course it'll take him some time to get used to it but by the time he does we'll wonder why it's taken so long. Although look how long it took Hunt to get a proper shot ...

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.