2014 Halves Pairing

There's no way in hell that Hoffman's staying. I know this site doesn't like media speculation, but it's fairly obvious that he's going to the Bulldogs. It's now just a matter of sorting out his price.

There's no way in hell that Hoffman's staying. I know this site doesn't like media speculation, but it's fairly obvious that he's going to the Bulldogs. It's now just a matter of sorting out his price.

The only way I could see him staying was if the Broncos said we will release you after the 2014 season, you can play fullback for that last season, with Milford now signed his got no real incentive to be here long term unless he wakes up and discovers what an asset he could be on the wing, thats not going to happen.

1. Barba
6. Strasser
7. Hunt

Just try it for the first few rounds. If Strasser isn't up to snuff, move Barba to 6.

Looks like we need a fill in 5/8 next year Milford signs for 2015 and 2016. This sucks because if we push a kid through he could just start get the hang of the 5/8 role then milf turns up. Also does this just about say no to DCE for 2015 ? IMO all the young kids we have are not ready..... Strasser, Cullen and Taylor need more time in lower grades. Does this mean 7 Hunt 6 B Barba 1 Hoffman ?

This is my biggest issue. The 2014 five-eighth now just seems a stop gap till Milford gets here. Maybe Prince should had stayed a year longer.

I can't see Hoffman being fullback. He knows he won't be fullback hence all the kicking and screaming to get out of here. Perhaps a Kahu could be an option in the 6 but he will be very limited. I'd like to see Strasser or Cullen given a chance instead of playing someone out of position in the halves though. We also have Taylor, Nikorima and Paia'Aua

This is my biggest issue. The 2014 five-eighth now just seems a stop gap till Milford gets here. Maybe Prince should had stayed a year longer.

Like I said earlier, I think that's a bad approach. I'd be looking at it as finding the best half possible, maybe they'll even be better than Hunt. Would give us an option if Milford fails in the halves too.

With dog Hoffman most likely leaving Zach Strasser should be given a shot in the trials and if he performs well give him the No.6 jersey. I don't want Barba to play in the halves at all the only exception would be worse case scenario.

It's a huge problem. Option a) we struggle all year with young 5/8s and we dont do any better than 2013 or b) someone steps up, plays really well, partners hunt perfectly and then Milford gets here? What then we leave him to go to another club after his great services or go back a grade. It wouldn't be fair. That's the problems we face

I've posted it before . I wouldn't be opposed to prince having another year as he was originally contracted. Could do well with the other new additions.

It's a huge problem. Option a) we struggle all year with young 5/8s and we dont do any better than 2013 or b) someone steps up, plays really well, partners hunt perfectly and then Milford gets here? What then we leave him to go to another club after his great services or go back a grade. It wouldn't be fair. That's the problems we face

thats not a bad problem to have

I think out of all the young halves Strasser is the most ready, and also sounds like he has a huge amount of potential.

Gee and Hook have said they will not be releasing Hoffman as they were waiting on Milford to sort out when he was coming - so now they keep Hoffman and help him with his passing game and let him play fullback - for the time being let Barba play 5/8th - a position he played most of his junior football - for the year and you just never know - he might be incredible - if he is then he stays there in 2015 - Milford to fullback and all is good - If Barba wants fullback and Milford 5/8th they switch and Hoffman go please himself
Seems to me to be pretty straight forward - Starsser is a good young player with a lot of potential but give him some experience in Qld cup again and a few games with the broncs if injuries occur
REMEMBER - we can't afford to give dimwit Hook too many options to "trial" pairings cause he will do it all year again
and as for Prince coming back - LETS MOVE FORWARD

I believe Strasser is ready and if possible keep Barba in his best position.

but Strasser is a half back and hunt is not a 5/8th so we have a problem or does Strasser play 5/8th - whats his background

These days there's little to no difference between 5/8th and halfback playing in either position, besides it wouldn't be the first time a halfback has played 5/8th for the Broncos, Kevin Walters did so and with great success. To be honest with Barba in the side, there's a lot less pressure on a young player coming into the spine then there would have been if it was just McCullough and Hunt to carry the load.

Last edited:
Lets wait and see next week what Hoffman does or the Broncos let him do - I tink Hoffman will be staying now that Milford is not coming until next year - AT THIS STAGE ANYWAY

And have the Bulldogs really got $450k plus in their cap left for Hoffman ??????????

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Lurker
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Evander
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.