2014 Halves Pairing

"The lack of options could force Griffin to move star recruit Ben Barba to No.6, granting the restless Hoffman a reprieve that will again see him line-up at fullback.

Canterbury were hopeful of convincing the Broncos to release Hoffman to replace Barba at fullback, and Bulldogs players in the Kiwi World Cup squad had been enticing the youngster to join them at Belmore. But given their lack of attacking options for next year, Brisbane are now highly unlikely to grant Hoffman an early release. The Daily Telegraph understands Canterbury have been told that Hoffman would not be leaving if the Broncos failed to secure Milford a year early."

Milford's deal means the Broncos are unlikely to release Josh Hoffman to the Bulldogs | News.com.au

it was in the paper last night - not that you should believe everything in there either - and I also said it yesterday as soon as we found out Milford was not coming until 2015 then the Broncos will NOT release him to go anywhere and he will be playing fullback and Barba will play 5/8th which he played all through his junior career

I also have no doubt that Barba will cause every other club and player so much heart ache and pain from 5/8th with his electric side step and he is so quick of the mark that we will finally have a bloke who can go through a gap when he sees it - we have not had that for 3 years with so coach Wallace and whoever Hook thought would be a good idea at the time - as I have said before if Barba goes as well as I suspect he may stay there and Milford slots in at Fullback then Hoffman in 2015 can suit himself

I rather use a rookie rather than Barba and keeping hoffman there for another year, its heart wont be in it and we don't need that

Don't want to be a hog on here but forgot one thing - don't give Hook too many options or ideas on here as he will get totally confused and then have no idea what he should be doing PLUS can someone sneek into his bedroom late at night and whisper in his ear to play Barba at 5/8th and say there is no other option - Then he will think its his idea as he sure takes no notice of anybody else

Please don't put Barba at 5/8, would rather put Strasser there and have Barba running off him.

Please don't put Barba at 5/8, would rather put Strasser there and have Barba running off him.

Yeah I agree. If we don't get Milford next year I would much rather have strasser (or what ever other option impressed in the pre season) in the 6. Would be the perfect environment to blood someone like strasser with the forward pack we have now and barba sniffing around at the back.

1. Barba
6. Marba
7. Hunt
9. Smith (c)

Nice spine next season.

Yeah I agree. If we don't get Milford next year I would much rather have strasser (or what ever other option impressed in the pre season) in the 6. Would be the perfect environment to blood someone like strasser with the forward pack we have now and barba sniffing around at the back.

Put Hoffman on the Wing and we could potentially have a Top 4 finish.

Does Marmin Barba play five-eighth by any chance? if he does he would be worth a trial. Trial the up and coming five-eighths in the ranks and put whoever impresses most in the first grade team.

Yes he does, he can play Five-eight, Halfback and Fullback.

I would like to see Cullen partner Hunt in the halves in 2014. Whilst I have liked the look of Strasser from what I've seen of him in the Intrust Super Cup I think he lacks creativity as a half and that would lead to the Broncos attack becoming largely one dimensional (i.e. all attacking plays going thru Hunt on the left hand side of the field). Cullen, from what I've seen of him has an attacking style of play very similar to Hunt, is a reliable defender (unlike Taylor and Nikorima) and could operate on the right hand side of the field, thereby diversifying the Broncos attack.

I still think Strasser is the better option, he is bigger and stronger, and has played both 5/8 and Halfback in the Q Cup.

Hopefully it's hunt and baba at 5/8. I think he'd be magic in that position and Hoffman is gold in 1.

Hopefully it's hunt and baba at 5/8. I think he'd be magic in that position and Hoffman is gold in 1.
Lolcopter.gif

Hoffman is more effective from wing and Barba at fullback. Trial some of the young halves.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.