2014 Halves Pairing

Probably best to wait for that, but realistically speaking we are going down the path of either playing a youngster at 5/8th, or playing another player at fullback for 2014.

Gee and Hook have said they will not be releasing Hoffman as they were waiting on Milford to sort out when he was coming - so now they keep Hoffman and help him with his passing game and let him play fullback - for the time being let Barba play 5/8th - a position he played most of his junior football - for the year and you just never know - he might be incredible - if he is then he stays there in 2015 - Milford to fullback and all is good - If Barba wants fullback and Milford 5/8th they switch and Hoffman go please himself
Seems to me to be pretty straight forward - Starsser is a good young player with a lot of potential but give him some experience in Qld cup again and a few games with the broncs if injuries occur
REMEMBER - we can't afford to give dimwit Hook too many options to "trial" pairings cause he will do it all year again
and as for Prince coming back - LETS MOVE FORWARD

The Bulldogs also said that they would not release Barba. IMO, if Hoffman wants to leave we should let him. but put similar conditions on him that the Bulldogs put on Barba (i.e. he can not earn more money for the length of his current contract) also we should get a transfer fee as well

Hoffman leaving is not a huge issue. What is annoying about Milford coming in 2015 is that, what if one of the young halves and Hunt strike an amazing combination. What do we do then?

Hoffman leaving is not a huge issue. What is annoying about Milford coming in 2015 is that, what if one of the young halves and Hunt strike an amazing combination. What do we do then?

Have one of the greatest selection headaches possible. If that happened then the best halves combo gets 6 and 7 and the other comes off the bench as a super sub

Then we look at our options for 2015 after we know where we stand, in that instance there may be a possibility for Milford to play a different role in the side or for said other player to as well.

Last edited:
Ashley Taylor is the man we need, I saw him play a few under 20"s games before he got injured and absolutely carved it up. Griffin signed him up on 300g a season after 5 games and made him get early surgery so he was right for this pre-season. He reminds of of Alfie langer.

Have one of the greatest selection headaches possible. If that happened then the best halves combo gets 6 and 7 and the other comes off the bench as a super sub

No one wants to be a super sub and either way someone losses really. There is a reason why most coaches don't mess with the halves in the middle of a game

No one wants to be a super sub and either way someone losses really. There is a reason why most coaches don't mess with the halves in the middle of a game

People will do what's best for the team or they will GTFO. In any case, no offence to strasser or the other options but the likelihood of this issue arising is very very small

Ashley Taylor needs to develop physically before he is considered. When Alfie came through the competition was a different beast with mostly smaller centres, today the centres are bigger than the back rowers in a lot of cases.
I am for giving Strasser or Cullen a go and keeping Barba at fullback but I will not be surprised to see Barba at 5/8 and Hoffman at fullback

Well I was thinking about it yesterday...initially I thought it's crap giving a guy a spot well knowing next year he won't keep it. But it's a brilliant opportunity for any one of those rookie halves! They get to play with players the like of Barba and give them self a chance at the top level for an entire season! That's pretty cool. Not to mention, they'll be playing to get noticed! Its an audition for all those other clubs out there who over the course of the next year, could lose a playmaker to injury or to another signing..PLUS depending if they fire, it'll put depth and pressure on Hunt & Milford to stake a claim. I actually might prefer Milford stay at the Raiders. Give us a year to sort our sh|t out at least. And I think we pretty much already have.

I think out of all the young halves Strasser is the most ready, and also sounds like he has a huge amount of potential.

Yeah mate and having Petro around him most of last year would help him grow as a person and mature as a footy player. I think he is the only one out off the young guns that I would throw in deep end and see if he floats.

Ashley Taylor is the man we need, I saw him play a few under 20"s games before he got injured and absolutely carved it up. Griffin signed him up on 300g a season after 5 games and made him get early surgery so he was right for this pre-season. He reminds of of Alfie langer.

its 100k a year over a 3 years contract =300k ................................ Not 300k a year !! LMAO

Saw him already in pre-season training...nice!

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Johnny92
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • jarro65
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.