2014 Halves Pairing

No I was saying if we didn't get Milford, that it was idea.

You really need to start making a bit more sense with your posts, I have to re-read them 4-5 times and still have no idea what you're saying.. No offence.

I think it unlikely Barba will play anywhere but fullback. I could understand Hoffman being upset at being placed on the wing but guys like Sailor,Tuquiri and Folau all made careers from there. Of course there are others too. Milford ( should he sign) and Barba could easily be considered at halfback as well with Hunt moving to 6. He seems a stockier build and may handle the tackling best. What's pleasing is having options for 2014 which always keeps players on their toes.

Sorry I forgot to put Barbas name in to make it make sense

I was thinking about the same dilema yesterday, I almost think Milford would be more dangerous at Fullback, whilst Barba would probably have more touches / impact on the game as Five-Eighth, it all comes down to who has a better passing and kicking game though, I couldn't say for sure who's is better at the moment until I've watched them play together.

Yeah and Im quite surprised at how big Barba is in real life, he might be carrying more weight at the moment but he should be able to handle himself on in the front line better than Milford you would think while still being dangerous as ****

Yeah and Im quite surprised at how big Barba is in real life, he might be carrying more weight at the moment but he should be able to handle himself on in the front line better than Milford you would think while still being dangerous as ****

Barba will play in the 1 no doubt about it.

WRT Milford\Barba size, meh, two of the best steps in the game baby!

Barba will play in the 1 no doubt about it.

WRT Milford\Barba size, meh, two of the best steps in the game baby!

Yeah Im talking about height and weight of Barba, he looks small on Tv to me, but hes actually pretty built and not actually that short, makes me more impressed with his abilities.

listen one thing we should nt mention on here is that we "have options in the halves esp if Milford comes - HOOK will read this idea and start stuffing around with it again like last year
Hunt is a half back and that is it - Milford has the ability to play fullback - halfback - 5/8th or centres - he will be one of the great 5/8th - IMO - Leave Barba at Full back where he can lurk in behind the ruck and pick and choose his time to attack - somehow someone has to get in Hoffmans ears and show him the tries he scored last year from the wing AND with the correct coaching give him a roving role as well to pop up anywhere at anytime - he could become one of the great wingers of all time

I like it, plain and simple. We should be player our players in their most potent positions.

thanks for agreeing - so now we need a coach that can give us a NEW EXCITING GAME PLAN - not 4 or 5 hit ups and and up and under - I have a theory that would absolutely bamboozal every other team in the comp - if we did only 2 or 3 hit ups and then just stood very deep and spun it left and right and left again with hard running/passing backs no one would be able to cope with it as it is unheard of these days - its called attacking football - now that's a novel idea!!!!!!!!!!

listen one thing we should nt mention on here is that we "have options in the halves esp if Milford comes - HOOK will read this idea and start stuffing around with it again like last year
Hunt is a half back and that is it - Milford has the ability to play fullback - halfback - 5/8th or centres - he will be one of the great 5/8th - IMO - Leave Barba at Full back where he can lurk in behind the ruck and pick and choose his time to attack - somehow someone has to get in Hoffmans ears and show him the tries he scored last year from the wing AND with the correct coaching give him a roving role as well to pop up anywhere at anytime - he could become one of the great wingers of all time

Very well spoken you have my respect. Milford and Hunt NEED to be our halves pairing next season (depending if Milford comes) and anyone who wants Barba to play in the halves is kidding themselves.

Looks like we need a fill in 5/8 next year Milford signs for 2015 and 2016. This sucks because if we push a kid through he could just start get the hang of the 5/8 role then milf turns up. Also does this just about say no to DCE for 2015 ? IMO all the young kids we have are not ready..... Strasser, Cullen and Taylor need more time in lower grades. Does this mean 7 Hunt 6 B Barba 1 Hoffman ?

Lets face it, we were never going to get DCE.

I can almost guarantee for 2014-

1) Hoffman
6) Barba
7) Hunt
9) McCullough

And my prediction for 2015-

1) Milford
6) Barba
7) Hunt
9) Smith

But it purely depends on how good Barba plays at Five-Eighth in 2014, if he's below average we'll probably move him back to Fullback and play Anthony in the 6.

Yes they will now keep Hoffman and he will play fullback maybe - I would think Barba to 5/8th - Hunt half back and Macca at hooker.
Having said that I liked the idea at the end of last season with Hodges going to Fullback when inside the opponents half so he could pop up anywhere - left or right side - maybe Hodges can go to fullback -Hoffman in the centres which should help him with his attacking game regarding his side stepping etc but would certainly ease the up and back strain on Hodges leg problems but dont tell Hook to change too many positions otherwise we will have the mess of last season re-visited

Buy a quality fullback and shove him into 5/8. Sounds legit.

Hook is shitting himself about this one.

Barba has played a lot of 5/8th before going to the dogs so it is not that he has never played there before - you never know he may prove to be sensational and milford can go to fullback in 2015 - but really what other options of a good quality player have we got - not alot in the dressing sheds that I can see - we cant afford to have another year of inept halves - non attacking plays in the backline

Active Now

• Allo
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • bb_gun
  • jarro65
  • Dreaglor
  • Dexter
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • Stix
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.