2014 Halves Pairing

I certainly think that Barba should be trialed at 6 if we don't get Milford.

Hoffman will be 5/8. Barba Fullback.

Please don't put Hoffman at 5/8, put him on the wing (best position) and use one of the younger guys better suited to the position like Strasser or Kahu.

It does not matter a damn what we say on here - Hook will stuff it up anyway

It does not matter a damn what we say on here - Hook will stuff it up anyway

I think every are to tough on Hook, I have got a feeling he will be our long term coach and will lead us to a premiership.

I think Kahu is the man for the 6 if we don't get Milford. Barba should stick to being fullback IMO. Hoffman can play on the wing or in the centres.

We all suggest Hoffman is not a great fullback because he doesn't know how to pass or kick, how the hell should he be five-eighth?

I think Hoffman being named as a 5/8 possibility by Hook, is essentially him getting a list of all possible players (who have played there at any level) so he keeps all his options open, and he can narrow them down during pre-season training and trials. i don't think it is simply him trying to keep Hoffman happy, in fact reports suggest he hasn't been that happy with Hoffmans attitude for a while.

I think Hoffman being named as a 5/8 possibility by Hook, is essentially him getting a list of all possible players (who have played there at any level) so he keeps all his options open, and he can narrow them down during pre-season training and trials. i don't think it is simply him trying to keep Hoffman happy, in fact reports suggest he hasn't been that happy with Hoffmans attitude for a while.

Geez ....some of those reports in the media about Hoffman's shit attitude must have had some truth to them after all!

I still find it hard to accept that Brisbane management didn't have a plan when they sacked both starting halves from this season.

Surely it wasn't a suck and see type of call......

I'm not counting out Milford at this stage. I have to believe Brisbane management have this ace up their sleeve or an otherwise back up plan that doesn't involve picking names out of a hat. A back up plan that hopefully they have had their eyes already firmly fixed upon and aren't going to just leave it up to who plays well in the trials. Trial form means for very little in in the context of a season.

If they aren't going to shuffle Barba around and play Hoffman at fullback, then they should have already decided out of Strasser, Cullen, Kahu & co ....long before now, who was going to get first shot.

I think Kahu deserves first shot, if that's the way things are going to go .....very promising youngster, riddled by injuries........has worked very hard to still be here. He suffered a few minor injury setbacks this year, but I think that was just his body getting NRL match fit after being away from actual game time for so long. His lack of pace (I guess half fit) concerned me at the back of the season......I think he's got the hands to play 5/8 ......kicking will be interesting.

I'd like to keep Barba at fullback.

Re: the pecking order?

1. Kahu
2. Strasser
3. Cullen

An advantage of using kahu means it won't be a 'wasted year'. If kahu does a decent job he can then move to anywhere in the backline when milf comes.

An advantage of using kahu means it won't be a 'wasted year'. If kahu does a decent job he can then move to anywhere in the backline when milf comes.

Very true, he could easily slot into centre and become an extra playmaker if he does well.

I don't claim to know...well, anything about Cullen, only things I've heard second hand. And it always sounded like he is the only actual ball playing option in the group, while the rest are mostly ball runners first.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Shane Tronc
  • Foordy
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.