2014 Halves Pairing

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Taylor is 18 and will turn 19 after the start of next season. He may prove me wrong but I think it is too early for him

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
IMO We should give Strasser, Taylor, Hoffman and Hodges a chance to show there worth to the position and pick the best for round 1.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Pre-season trials will have a lot riding on them you'd think.

I'm in favour of giving a youngster a go and leaving them there for a while till they find their feet.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
what does everyone think of hodges at five-eight and hunt at halfback?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I think it's silly putting Hodges in a halves position when he has never shown any half qualities. Especially since Hunt is new himself.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Hodges is an exceptional fullback and centre but has limited game-reading abilities and doesn't seem willing to pass the ball as much. Hunt has established himself and will start as halfback.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Also pointless given that he'll be out half of the season. I'm sure Hunt will have established a combination with someone by the time Hodges comes back.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
he wont be out for half the season only 4 or 5 games but I see what you mean.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Also pointless given that he'll be out half of the season. I'm sure Hunt will have established a combination with someone by the time Hodges comes back.

Yeah regardless of whether he will or won't be able to handle the role, that was my argument too. If there's any position you need stability in it's in the halves. Hodges will miss the start of the season, most of the Origin period, and 1 in every 3 or 4 games any other time. That'd be suicide.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
he wont be out for half the season only 4 or 5 games but I see what you mean.

He will be if you have him playing 5/8 ....LOL

Hodges fragile body is only suited to playing centre with occasional periods of roaming like a fullback.

The 5/8 talk is ridiculous.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Yow Yeh
5. Vidot
6. Strasser
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Lowrie
17. Hala

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
As much as it is tempting to move one of your most potent attacking player to a position where he gets more ball. I don't think it would make up for what we would lose at centre where he has a bit more space. I say "one of" because I hopping BB will challenge for that mantle. If 6 was a position for JH we would have seen him there by now.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
if we don't get milford I am still excited by the talent of strasser and taylor coming through at the moment for the 2014.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
if we don't get milford I am still excited by the talent of strasser and taylor coming through at the moment for the 2014.
I agree with you DD, but there's no guarantees that they will make the jump to hyperspace. Here's hoping.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well, while we're speculating about juniors, there's also Cameron Cullen. I think he has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, and played QLD and Australian Schoolboys in 2010.

Apparently, he was in the QLD JUNIOR EMERGING ORIGIN SQUAD 2013 along with Milford, Oates, Whitchurch ...

... and....

Maranta

Last edited:
Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Well, while we're speculating about juniors, there's also Cameron Cullen. I think he has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, and played QLD and Australian Schoolboys in 2010.

Apparently, he was in the QLD JUNIOR EMERGING ORIGIN SQUAD 2013 along with Milford, Oates, Whitchurch ...

... and....

Maranta

Fair call . he looks crafty from the little I've seen of him. I saw him make a break and he did not go into the foetal position, so he's better than Maranta

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I would assume that if we do not get Milford then Cullen would be ahead of any other contenders in our squad for next year at least

Active Now

• heartly87
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • barker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • The Strapper
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.