2014 Halves Pairing

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I do like the look of strasser and taylor sounds like a future star from what they have said.

Last edited:
R

rogerwilco

BRL Player
Jul 30, 2013
Taylor is the kid everyone should be excited about. Plenty of teams were chasing him before we signed him. Darren Lockyer has quietly hailed him as the next big thing. Andrew Johns was pushing hard for Wayne Bennett to sign him but our offer was larger and Wayne refused to go into a bidding war with Broncos. "They deserve to have a decent half" and Andrew was not happy.

The biggest offer was not fielded from Broncos but from the Storm. They offered more than us, but Taylor accepted ours as he really wanted to play for the Broncos. He said the contract offer from Broncos was more than what he expected and was happy to sign with us. Side note: Broncos were going to counter Storms offer but there was no need.

The kid has a mountain of potential and the Broncos are banking on him being the next leader and captain of the Broncos. Don't be alarmed, this is not a case of throw all their eggs into one basket. There's a few others mentioned out there who if brought through properly could be amazing as well.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Taylor is the kid everyone should be excited about. Plenty of teams were chasing him before we signed him. Darren Lockyer has quietly hailed him as the next big thing. Andrew Johns was pushing hard for Wayne Bennett to sign him but our offer was larger and Wayne refused to go into a bidding war with Broncos. "They deserve to have a decent half" and Andrew was not happy.

The biggest offer was not fielded from Broncos but from the Storm. They offered more than us, but Taylor accepted ours as he really wanted to play for the Broncos. He said the contract offer from Broncos was more than what he expected and was happy to sign with us. Side note: Broncos were going to counter Storms offer but there was no need.

The kid has a mountain of potential and the Broncos are banking on him being the next leader and captain of the Broncos. Don't be alarmed, this is not a case of throw all their eggs into one basket. There's a few others mentioned out there who if brought through properly could be amazing as well.

Nice highlights of Cullen and Strasser - I like what I see:

Last edited by a moderator:
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Nice highlights of Cullen and Strasser - I like what I see:

Me too .....

... the future looks good if we can keep these two young guns on the books :takdir:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Lol, that Ipswich defence was shocking in that video. Even Civo made a half hearted line break.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Wasn't Cullen playing hooker for most of the season? I definitely remember seeing a couple of stats sheets where he was playing off the bench while Taylor was in the halves too.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
He was in the 20s but played in the halves for Redcliffe. He had to make way for Taylor

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
He didn't make way for Taylor, he was elevated to Qld Cup.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
He didn't make way for Taylor, he was elevated to Qld Cup.
He played off the bench in 20s while Taylor was playing halfback before being elevated to Qld Cup. At this time he was replacing Berrell at hooker so i assumed since he was still in the team at this time that he made way for Taylor to start at Halfback. He did start the season in the halves.
I might add that he added a lot of spark at hooker when he came onto the field.

IMO he made way for Taylor as they were playing together. I am not privy to reasoning, maybe it was for defensive development

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It's a good thing anyway, a promising half shouldn't be playing U20s, where the defence is non-existent. They'll just pick up bad habits.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
anyone got a prediction for hunts halves partner next year?

Active Now

• davidp
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Strapper
  • Swordfish
  • BroncosAlways
  • barker
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.