8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Blair
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Parker

14 - Nikorima
15 - Ofahengaue
16 - Gavet/Molo/Gillett ( fight it out for a spot, best performer in the trials gets the nod )
17 - Wallace

Arrow would be my smoky to take Wallace's spot.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Just a big, strong, explosive and aggressive forward that is perfect coming off the bench. He has a lot of potential, but as we saw in round 1 this year does have a tendency to try a stupid pass or offload or give away a penalty.

That was most of our team in round 1, I think people are excited at the prospect of what Bennett can do with Gavet when one considers Blair and the team as a whole.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
That was most of our team in round 1, I think people are excited at the prospect of what Bennett can do with Gavet when one considers Blair and the team as a whole.

I have no doubt he will improve immensely under Bennett, that is just my assessment of his performances I have seen so far.

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
Team of 2016:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Carlin Anderson
3.jack reed (due to his defense in the grand final)
4. Jordan kahu
5. Corey oats
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben hunt
8. josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Ben teo
12. Matt gillet
13. Corey Parker

bench
14. Jarrod Wallace ( nothing special just need a solid forward to come on and steady the ship)]
15. Sam thaiday (impact player)
16. Joe ofahengaue/James gavet (leaning towards joe O hoping he would get some more minutes but dont no much about gavet with him being injured this year )
17. kodi nikorima

18th man = Alex glen
19th man = Francis molo

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Team of 2016:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Carlin Anderson
4. Jordan kahu
5. Corey oats
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben hunt
8. josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Ben teo
12. Matt gillet
13. Corey Parker

bench
14. Jarrod Wallace ( nothing special just need a solid forward to come on and steady the ship)]
16. Joe ofahengaue/James gavet (leaning towards joe O hoping he would get some more minutes but dont no much about gavet with him being injured this year )
17. kodi nikorima

18th man = Alex glen
19th man = Francis molo

Doesn't sound like we are going to get Te'o.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Re: Looking Ahead to 2016

Election 2016: Broncos outside backs edition. Copley v Maranta.

If I were forced to choose between those two......*sigh* it is actually pretty difficult. Copley's position is Centre, without question, so retaining him pushes Kahu out to the Wing which is fine, he's good out there.

But that changes the debate to Kahu v Maranta, because Kahu's benefits on the edge are the same as Maranta's, he's good under the high ball. Maranta is probably better under the high ball, but Kahu is decent at that job while also being infinitely more talented than Maranta in general play.

So basically I reckon Maranta should go. He won't be a depth winger with the likes of Anderson on his tail. Some club that needs a safe pair of hands at the back will pick him up.

Maranta unfortunately

With Hodges now retired we need someone to fill the gap in the centers and Copley's best position is at centre and his played his best footy there. If he can get back to the form he showed last year he will turn out to be a good replacement for Hodges.

Kahu is a far more promising player than Maranta and he has done well for us in the past and I can't leave him out of the team. Maranta has done some good things for us but he is just can do a job and that's it, I like him but Kahu is far better than him.

AceAv

AceAv

BRL Player
Apr 3, 2014
What ever happened to vidot? He was great in 2014 and did a great job this year i thought.

Could have been a poor man's teo..

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
What ever happened to vidot? He was great in 2014 and did a great job this year i thought.

He seems to be on the outer with the coaching staff and will be leaving the club i expect.

Nothing confirmed yet though, so who knows ??

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014

From a few posts around here, Vidot was on the outer from the start of this season because he either couldn't or wouldn't put in the hard yards at the preseason torture training test. While some unnamed players were half-carrying a Milf up a mountain through a haze of semi-starvation and sleep deprivation, apparently Vidot bottled it badly and cost his team TimTams. Then later on in the year he busted his arm or fingers or something playing for the Jets.

And just recently I had heard that he was trying to join the American wrestling scene, WWE or something. IIRC [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] posted about it.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Unsure if I broke the story or not, but he's off to Orlando, Florida to try out at NXT - WWE's feeder system.

What's happening is that one of the biggest stars in WWE right now is Samoan. So the WWE worked out a deal with Samoan Rugby League to try and help recruit talent for them to bolster up their stock of islanders. Obviously Vidot was somebody with a nice look and some athletic ability so they want to give him a try out to see how he moves in the ring and do all the basics (run rope, take bumps, test his cardio etc. etc.)

I don't really like his chances but it's an interesting move for both parties.

Also while I have the chance, I follow Dave Meltzer, one of the biggest wrestling journalists (Behind the scenes) guys in history who has been reporting on wrestling for well over 30 years. His story on Vidot and his situation at the Broncos was freakishly accurate. Maybe it was a case of good Chinese whispers but it just blew me away how well he knew Vidot's story.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Just to confirm what Pete is saying, my Dad was in Florida a few weeks ago and saw a small piece on their local news about Vidot coming over to try his luck in the WWE.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Unless he gets off.

Vidot still has his finger in a little protector thing and is moving to the US in November.

I said this three weeks ago; I haven't seen him in that time so I don't know if his finger is still protected but plan is still the US in November.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Team of 2016:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Carlin Anderson
4. Jordan kahu
5. Corey oats
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben hunt
8. josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Ben teo
12. Matt gillet
13. Corey Parker

bench
17. kodi nikorima

18th man = Alex glen
19th man = Francis molo

Seriously? Glenn has been exceptional this year, far superior to Gillett. I really don't know why people continue to want him gone.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Seriously? Glenn has been exceptional this year, far superior to Gillett. I really don't know why people continue to want him gone.

I agree. If Reed gets a ribbing for being good at nothing except defense, why doesn't Gillett?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Because Gillett has shown in other arenas that when he has a half who can put him through gaps (even DCE) he's still a potent player.

Arguably Hunt's biggest issue is his inability to throw a good pass towards his right.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Because Gillett has shown in other arenas that when he has a half who can put him through gaps (even DCE) he's still a potent player.

Arguably Hunt's biggest issue is his inability to throw a good pass towards his right.

We pretty much had no attack on the right. In fact it's been non existent since locky retired. Hodgo been going cold out there for years. How did he not get to 100 career tries? Definitely need to work on something for next season to add another dimension to our attack.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
We pretty much had no attack on the right. In fact it's been non existent since locky retired. Hodgo been going cold out there for years. How did he not get to 100 career tries? Definitely need to work on something for next season to add another dimension to our attack.

He could of scored about 4 in the final series but he always went to Kahu even though he was open.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.