2016 Strongest Line-Up

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Re: Looking Ahead to 2016

I was just thinking we could have both Copley, Kahu and Reed in the side if in defence Kahu is only the wing for the bombs and them attacks in the centres with his superior ball skills, setting up tries for Copley.

Bit I'd say Copley is a bettet attacking centre. Kahu can just chill on the wing. Reed and Oates have had a great combination this year like Reed did with hoggman.

Kahu and Copley are both guns in attack. Kahu is a better winger because he's played so much fullback.

Origin period will see Kahu play fullback and Maranta move to wing? Or just let maranta play fb.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Bit I'd say Copley is a bettet attacking centre. Kahu can just chill on the wing. Reed and Oates have had a great combination this year like Reed did with hoggman.

Kahu and Copley are both guns in attack. Kahu is a better winger because he's played so much fullback.

Origin period will see Kahu play fullback and Maranta move to wing? Or just let maranta play fb.
Darius may lose his origin spot to Herman though.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Darius may lose his origin spot to Herman though.

I'll strongly strongly doubt that. Actually that's no chance of happening

Last edited:
MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013

Don't forget Carlin Anderson from the jets gents! He Deserves a crack on the wing. Has the X factor!

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013

HODGES REPLACEMENT ARRIVES
Ipswich fullback Carlin Anderson is eyeing Jordan Kahu’s wing spot next season, with Kahu set to replace retired star Justin Hodges in the centres.
Anderson, who did a full pre-season with the Broncos in 2015, has signed with the club on a one-year deal for 2016.
A member of the Jets’ ISC and State Championship premiership winning side, the 20-year-old said he has his sights set on the No.5 jersey.
“Hopefully I can get a spot on the wing,” Anderson told foxsports.com.au
“I definitely have a lot of respect for (fullback) Darius (Boyd) and hope I can learn a lot off him but I’m hoping to get a wing spot.”
Anderson’s rapid rise is a remarkable story, with the speedster only swapping to rugby league two years ago having previously played cricket and rugby union.
“I fell out of love with rugby union and cricket and the Jets offered me a 20s contract,” he explained.
“I was lucky enough to get called up to the Q Cup squad last year and excelled.”

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

I'll strongly strongly doubt that. Actually that's no chance of happening
you may be right, and it may take some time before he's given a chance. But he seems to be a star on the rise. Was the storms most potent attacking weapon in the 2nd half of the season, and you'd think he'd go to the wing when Slater gets back. so he'll have a chance to prove himself in the position.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

HODGES REPLACEMENT ARRIVES
Ipswich fullback Carlin Anderson is eyeing Jordan Kahu’s wing spot next season, with Kahu set to replace retired star Justin Hodges in the centres.
Anderson, who did a full pre-season with the Broncos in 2015, has signed with the club on a one-year deal for 2016.
A member of the Jets’ ISC and State Championship premiership winning side, the 20-year-old said he has his sights set on the No.5 jersey.
“Hopefully I can get a spot on the wing,” Anderson told foxsports.com.au
“I definitely have a lot of respect for (fullback) Darius (Boyd) and hope I can learn a lot off him but I’m hoping to get a wing spot.”
Anderson’s rapid rise is a remarkable story, with the speedster only swapping to rugby league two years ago having previously played cricket and rugby union.
“I fell out of love with rugby union and cricket and the Jets offered me a 20s contract,” he explained.
“I was lucky enough to get called up to the Q Cup squad last year and excelled.”
So no lack of confidence then.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

you may be right, and it may take some time before he's given a chance. But he seems to be a star on the rise. Was the storms most potent attacking weapon in the 2nd half of the season, and you'd think he'd go to the wing when Slater gets back. so he'll have a chance to prove himself in the position.

Fortunately for QLD well performing incumbents aren't even considered for displacement by players with half a good season under their belts

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Fortunately for QLD well performing incumbents aren't even considered for displacement by players with half a good season under their belts
Yeah, more likely to take Chambers wing spot, with him moving to center, spose Holmes would come into calculations as well. Just think Munster looks a class act, and our backline is getting old.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Really hopeful that Anderson gets a wing spot next year, I think that'd be best for us, I can't see Copley getting a spot, unless for some reason Reed falls out of favour with Bennett.

1. Boyd
2. Oates/Maranta
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Anderson/Maranta

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013

Really hopeful that Anderson gets a wing spot next year, I think that'd be best for us, I can't see Copley getting a spot, unless for some reason Reed falls out of favour with Bennett.

1. Boyd
2. Oates/Maranta
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Anderson/Maranta

Another plus with Anderson is his kicking. Its quite funny actually, he has the same knee lift as CP13 does.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

So no lack of confidence then.

Yeah, I've always had a soft spot for confident/arrogant players. Even from other clubs. Most players these days are drilled with the same copy and paste "humble" responses. Anderson seemed to be half and half in that article.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

Apparently we signed Caleb timu. Does anyone know if cherrington is on our books of an affiliate?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Farewell maranta.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

It wouldn't surprise me. I would imagine Maranta is about 3rd in line for the wing spot at the moment. Clubs would be knocking at his door.

It really wouldn't be a bad outcome for us. Offload Maranta and Vidot, we still retain decent depth on the wings then we use the new cap space to sign Te'o

Last edited:
Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014

Apparently we signed Caleb timu. Does anyone know if cherrington is on our books of an affiliate?

Cherrington looked pretty decent this season, I think he did the preseason with us and is still with Redcliffe...2nd rower of the year in ISC if I remember correctly!

Active Now

• Dexter
  • mitch222
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • Mick_Hancock
  • The Don
  • Howie
  • bert_lifts
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • broncsgoat
  • simplythebest
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.