2016 Strongest Line-Up

Re: Looking Ahead to 2016

Early odds has Broncos as second favourites to win the premiership.

Cowboys are first, Roosters third and an even bigger surprise.. Warriors are fourth.

McFadden doesn't strike me as the kind of coach that can get the team to go up another gear. Kind of like Griffin.

Last edited:

Why Wallace and Offa over Thaiday?

Basically because as soon as Thaiday re-signed, he played like rubbish (read the GF). I'm just ticked off with him but he will and obviously should be in the squad. I just think we should start giving these younger guys regular opportunities. Wallace was excellent in the GF as was Joffa right through the finals. Joffa particularly can also play big minutes which is a massive plus with the reduced interchanges.

Early odds has Broncos as second favourites to win the premiership.

Cowboys are first, Roosters third and an even bigger surprise.. Warriors are fourth.

McFadden doesn't strike me as the kind of coach that can get the team to go up another gear. Kind of like Griffin.

As long as he just lets the spine do their thing, all he has to do is tell the forwards to run straight and the backs to be ready, RTS, Luke and SJ don't need any other help than that and they will win far more than they lose.

Roosters third

I think that the rorters will struggle harder than many anticipate. Maloney was a massive part of their attack, and the most threatening of the halves. RTS' form speaks for itself.

Basically because as soon as Thaiday re-signed, he played like rubbish (read the GF). I'm just ticked off with him but he will and obviously should be in the squad. I just think we should start giving these younger guys regular opportunities. Wallace was excellent in the GF as was Joffa right through the finals. Joffa particularly can also play big minutes which is a massive plus with the reduced interchanges.

Thaiday re-signed before the first week of the finals, correct? While I wouldn't say either of his game against the Cowboys were his better games, he played very well against the Roosters and was a real point of difference when he was on the field.

I wouldn't call his grand final performance against the Cowboys rubbish. He made some real positive contributions out there and really was a point of difference with his quick play the balls. Unfortunately for him, his performance is defined by two moments. The missed tackle on Tamou and the 'drop ball'. I use quotation marks because it wasn't a drop ball, it was a clear as day strip in a 3 on 1 tackle but the referees 'missed it'. Otherwise he had a few strong carries through the middle, got some good quick play the balls away and made some important tackles as well.

Wallace and Ofahengaue played well, but there are still a number of technical deficiencies in their game that need to be ironed out before we rely on them. Ofahengaue has the potential to get there and become a premier prop, I don't think Wallace will ever be anything more than a bench prop.

Hmm. I hope you are wrong about Wallace Big Pete. He really lifted this year and got better as the season went on.

Last edited:

Yeah Wallace tries hard but he has journeyman written all over him. It wouldn't be too hard for a junior prop to unseat him if they get good enough.

Until the last few games I thought Wallace had plodder written all over him. That included those couple of games where he scored a few tries, which just looked like he benefitted from everyone skittling the defence and he was lucky enough to be there to catch the pass. But I saw a couple of glimpses late in the season to think that he is improving. Remember he's a prop and he's young. They don't all hit first grade running, like McGuire, who IMO had 10 year Broncos forward tattoo'd on him from his first season.

And anyway, the Broncos have always needed tough, toiling, cheapish props to fill the gaps around the superstars. I always had a soft spot for Nick Kenny, which is probably why I appreciated the efforts of a belter like Dodds. If Wallace can grow out if the errors and penalties, he'll be worth pursevering with.

I still think Gavet can turn out to be a great buy for us. He's a Bennett buy too, isn't he?

Bennett buy.

I must be one of the few, if only ones here who thinks Wallace is a strong runner who looks hard to bring down and makes pretty good metres. He just needs to be schooled in the finer points, including offloading, which must be a key part of our game next year, as it wss when we were at our best this season.

Yeah pretty sure Bennett brought him up here for a change of scenery to stay off the drink.

Almost forgot, he still has to serve his three weeks for a shoulder charge next season.

Yeah pretty sure Bennett brought him up here for a change of scenery to stay off the drink.

Almost forgot, he still has to serve his three weeks for a shoulder charge next season.

Why would he have to?

Active Now

• theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Howie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • heartly87
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • marw
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.