2016 Strongest Line-Up

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Re: Looking Ahead to 2016

Yeah pretty sure Bennett brought him up here for a change of scenery to stay off the drink.

Almost forgot, he still has to serve his three weeks for a shoulder charge next season.

Why? They don't hold over your suspension if you get injured

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I must be one of the few, if only ones here who thinks Wallace is a strong runner who looks hard to bring down and makes pretty good metres. He just needs to be schooled in the finer points, including offloading, which must be a key part of our game next year, as it wss when we were at our best this season.

I've never been that impressed with Wallace until the Grand Final. I thought he was one of our best. I doubt he'll ever be a rep player or anything of the sort, but he could be a valuable player off the bench for a few years, if he isn't too ambitious.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
I must be one of the few, if only ones here who thinks Wallace is a strong runner who looks hard to bring down and makes pretty good metres. He just needs to be schooled in the finer points, including offloading, which must be a key part of our game next year, as it wss when we were at our best this season.

I'm with you. He is still very raw but has come a very very long way from where he was this time last year. His improvement has been huge and is one player who will thrive with more time under Bennett.

In my opinion, Gavet may turn out a bit like Garbutt. Plenty of potential but may not get much of a chance.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

In my opinion, Gavet may turn out a bit like Garbutt. Plenty of potential but may not get much of a chance.

I think the difference here is Garbutt was a Hook signing, and Gavet is a Bennett signing.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I'm with you. He is still very raw but has come a very very long way from where he was this time last year. His improvement has been huge and is one player who will thrive with more time under Bennett.

I can't recall Gavet playing. Need to refresh my memory. I have high hopes for Wallace as an ideal bench prop at this stage

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

I'm with you on this one.

I think Wallace has plenty to offer this team and he has improved a lot since round 1.

I overheard Bennett talking about him at a training session i went to and he said "he's a work in progress for sure, but we're happy with where he's at" so obviously Wayne is happy with him.

It's going to be an interesting battle between Wallace and Gavet next year for a spot on the bench.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

It's going to be an interesting battle between Wallace and Gavet next year for a spot on the bench.

Or maybe they will both be on the bench and Ofahengaue will play some big minutes in the Intrust Super Cup.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

Or maybe they will both be on the bench and Ofahengaue will play some big minutes in the Intrust Super Cup.

Yeah well that'd be a shame for JoeO, he's come along nicely too this year.

All bodes well though for our forwards stock.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah well that'd be a shame for JoeO, he's come along nicely too this year.

All bodes well though for our forwards stock.

Yeah I would prefer that he was in the team, but who knows what Bennett will do.

I think we have the best forwards depth we have had in many years.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

What is it with bench props that we offloaded for being plodders going on to win premierships? Hannant did it with the Cows and Garbutt did it with Leeds.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

What is it with bench props that we offloaded for being plodders going on to win premierships? Hannant did it with the Cows and Garbutt did it with Leeds.

We didn't technically offload Hannant, we couldn't afford him, but I take your point.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Both TAB and Sportsbet have us as favorites for next years premiership. 5.50 for TAB, 5.00 for Sportsbet.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014

Both TAB and Sportsbet have us as favorites for next years premiership. 5.50 for TAB, 5.00 for Sportsbet.

I can see the sense in that, but I don't like that.

Weight of expectations and overconfidence are both obstacles we need to be wary of. Got to stay hungry.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

We have signed Caleb Timu according to Chris Garry.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

I was just thinking we could have both Copley, Kahu and Reed in the side if in defence Kahu is only the wing for the bombs and them attacks in the centres with his superior ball skills, setting up tries for Copley.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.