2016 Strongest Line-Up

Thats a bit sus!

lol nah mate, as above board as andy Gs business here

nup just trying to find the words to encourage FiH to make that JR chant a goer,,, and wondering if she couldve used the opportunity by showing up at suncorp Rd1 (while the rest of us are at Pirtek,..) but [MENTION=8639]dtmtrano[/MENTION] gave her the good word. we'll figure it out..

I have this feeling someone will eclipse Wallace, I feel as though he fails to make them metres after impact unlike ofahengue and gives up too many cheap penalties
Seriously?

I haven't got the stats, but I feel like Wallace bends the line and makes good metres after contact. He was consistent all year.

Joe certainly improved in this department towards the back end of the year. Early on he struggled a bit.

Regarding your second point, no argument. Jarrod does get pinged quite a bit. It's certainly the only thing holding him back at the moment.

Refs had to ping someone once Thaiday cleaned up his act though.

Seriously?

I haven't got the stats, but I feel like Wallace bends the line and makes good metres after contact. He was consistent all year.

Joe certainly improved in this department towards the back end of the year. Early on he struggled a bit.

Regarding your second point, no argument. Jarrod does get pinged quite a bit. It's certainly the only thing holding him back at the moment.

Refs had to ping someone once Thaiday cleaned up his act though.

Wallace had about 3-4 games all season where he made a noticeable impact in regards to busting tackles and making big metres, apart from that he was a a walking error and penalty per game. I'd be more than happy if one of the young guys surpassed him this season. I would love to start off the season with our bench forwards being Thaiday, Molo, Ofahengaue. I think that's a great mix of youth, experience & impact (In attack AND defence)

Wallace had about 3-4 games all season where he made a noticeable impact in regards to busting tackles and making big metres, apart from that he was a a walking error and penalty per game. I'd be more than happy if one of the young guys surpassed him this season. I would love to start off the season with our bench forwards being Thaiday, Molo, Ofahengaue. I think that's a great mix of youth, experience & impact (In attack AND defence)
Idk bout youse but I have this subjective tendency to kinda wanna see big fobs/islanders play .

1. Roberts
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Oates
16. Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

Let me just say that this is nothing but a pie in the sky prediction in the event that Copley remains. I still think Boyd will play fullback, but I think this team would be VERY interesting to watch play for a few rounds.

As good as he is at Wing, there is a part of me that really wants to see Oates start getting time in his preferred position at Second Row. I don't know what Bennett thinks of Wallace but I would have Oates on the bench with Thaiday and Joe O over him any day.

I would like to see Herman Ese'ese round 1.

Cant wait for season 16 lads - below is my predictions for round 1 team. Gona be a cracker regardless!

1. Darius
2. Carlin Anderson
3. The Jet
4. Kahu
5. Oatsey
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Big Sammy
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Alex Glen
15. Herman (Munster) Ese'ese
16. Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

Cant wait for season 16 lads - below is my predictions for round 1 team. Gona be a cracker regardless!

1. Darius
2. Carlin Anderson
3. The Jet
4. Kahu
5. Oatsey
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Big Sammy
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Alex Glen
16. Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima
Perfect. One other thing I'm also keen on is seeing the youngsters we let go flourish - Jayden Nikorima and Ashley Taylor, as well as Jordan Drew!

Yeah we've got a lot of these potential impact props for next season I wouldn't mind getting a look at, Ese'ese, Funaki, Molo, Fai, Hipgrave.

Yeah we have some serious forward depth next season.

Shit, we would have an entertaining reserve grade team next year if that was a thing.

1. Darius
2. Carlin Anderson
3. The Jet
4. Kahu
5. Oatsey
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Big Sammy
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Alex Glen
16. Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

What happened to your love child?

Team Prediction for Round 1
Thinking this is what bennett would pick, doesn't normally change much around unless he has too, if copley doesn't go, wouldn't mind putting him in for kahu and kahu onto the wing for maranta.
1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Kahu(Left Side)
4.Roberts(Right Side, wore #3 at Titans but played Right Side)
5.Maranta
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8.McGuire
9.McCullough
10.Blair
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.Parker
14.Wallace
15.Thaiday
16.Ofahengaue
17.Nikorima

When Reed gets back:
1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Reed(Left Side)
4.Roberts(Right Side, wore #3 at Titans but played Right Side)
5.Kahu
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8.McGuire
9.McCullough
10.Blair
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.Parker
14.Wallace
15.Thaiday
16.Ofahengaue
17.Nikorima

IMO besides smokies, the team pretty much picks itself:

01 Boyd
02 Oates
03 Copley
04 Roberts
05 Kahu
06 Milford
07 Hunt
08 McGuire
09 McCullough
10 Blair
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 Parker

14 Wallace
15 Thaiday
16 Nikorima
17 Ofahengaue

Reed will have to fight for his center position. With that order the right side backs are all speed and skill, with the left hand side pure power, so whether they switch sides to better suit the halves (Milford is currently mostly on the left) or the halves combination gets developed to the point where they both roam on both sides, that's for Bennett to work with. The only questions I'd have are whether Anderson can overtake any of our outside backs (and it's hard to pinpoint who he'd replace - Oates to the bench?) and whether any of the forwards move up above Wallace & Offa.

If the team stays relatively healthy it's going to be exciting.

IMO besides smokies, the team pretty much picks itself:

01 Boyd
02 Oates
03 Copley
04 Roberts
05 Kahu
06 Milford
07 Hunt
08 McGuire
09 McCullough
10 Blair
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 Parker

14 Wallace
15 Thaiday
16 Nikorima
17 Ofahengaue

Reed will have to fight for his center position. With that order the right side backs are all speed and skill, with the left hand side pure power, so whether they switch sides to better suit the halves (Milford is currently mostly on the left) or the halves combination gets developed to the point where they both roam on both sides, that's for Bennett to work with. The only questions I'd have are whether Anderson can overtake any of our outside backs (and it's hard to pinpoint who he'd replace - Oates to the bench?) and whether any of the forwards move up above Wallace & Offa.

If the team stays relatively healthy it's going to be exciting.

Morkel i couldn't agree more with this.

We'll see if copley stays.. i hope so. I doubt he'll want to go south.. Isn't he still studying up here? The guy is a bit of a genius.. With reed out, a back line of boyd, oates, anderson, copley, roberts, maranta, kahu is so juicy.

Maybe if oates gets his fitness in order he will move into the forwards sooner now with james on board.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Sproj
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Tmac
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Shane Tronc
  • mrtij
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • BruiserMk1
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.