2016 Strongest Line-Up

No point losing Opacic for the little we are paying him. Keep him for depth. I like the kids De Vere like commitment.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Reed eventually tbh.

I would wish he was a NSW selector but I don't think he could do a worse job then the current mob.

Mark Gasnier's side for 2016

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Roberts
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Thaiday
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Glliett
13. Parker

14. Mcguire
15. Kodi Nikorima
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Caleb Timu

No Oates or Ofahengaue? Caleb Timu? Mcguire on bench? Weird selections there.

Gasnier is seriously a dropkick

Gasnier is seriously a dropkick

Hahah often I do wonder if he knows what he's talking about, but he does come up with a few left field team selections which keeps it interesting.

On a bit of a side note, he reckons the Dragons should move their best playmaker in Widdop to fullback, which won't be a complete failure, since Widdop was originally a fullback, but still it is quite a daring move.

Back on topic. No way Oates misses the team all together. As for Timu, I wouldn't mind giving him a go every now and then, perhaps against lesser opposition, to get him ready for the origin period. McGuire and Blair should be starting each game, but I would like the "Fro Bro's" having a stint together on the field to really lift the tempo of the match.

Hahah often I do wonder if he knows what he's talking about, but he does come up with a few left field team selections which keeps it interesting.

On a bit of a side note, he reckons the Dragons should move their best playmaker in Widdop to fullback, which won't be a complete failure, since Widdop was originally a fullback, but still it is quite a daring move.

Back on topic. No way Oates misses the team all together. As for Timu, I wouldn't mind giving him a go every now and then, perhaps against lesser opposition, to get him ready for the origin period. McGuire and Blair should be starting each game, but I would like the "Fro Bro's" having a stint together on the field to really lift the tempo of the match.

If you want to give fringe players some time against lesser opposition before origin then he's probably playing the opening half of the season. Seem the draw? If we arent 6 from 6 to start the year then mayday

First of all, merry Christmas. I just wanna raise something. I know it sounds really silly but as a big NBA fan im familiar with the way teams would often rest their stars in the easier games. (Notably spurs). Perhaps we should try that given our DEPTH. Yea it may be rude or arrogant to do so against "weaker" teams but it just pushes the lower players to train harder whilst also ensuring our key players are fresh and free from injuries as seen by McGuire who proved costly at the end. Had we have him for GF, couldve used thaiday as a weapon off bench for the final 20mins

First of all, merry Christmas. I just wanna raise something. I know it sounds really silly but as a big NBA fan im familiar with the way teams would often rest their stars in the easier games. (Notably spurs). Perhaps we should try that given our DEPTH. Yea it may be rude or arrogant to do so against "weaker" teams but it just pushes the lower players to train harder whilst also ensuring our key players are fresh and free from injuries as seen by McGuire who proved costly at the end. Had we have him for GF, couldve used thaiday as a weapon off bench for the final 20mins

Doesnt the second tier salary cap prevent this from happening?

Doesnt the second tier salary cap prevent this from happening?

We have a top 25 for a reason. We can use them as often as we like. The only time the 2nd tier gets stretched is when they have to collectively play too many games for match payments. What [MENTION=8639]dtmtrano[/MENTION] would mean is utilising the full 25 man squad instead of just the top 17-19 players.

We have a top 25 for a reason. We can use them as often as we like. The only time the 2nd tier gets stretched is when they have to collectively play too many games for match payments. What @dtmtrano would mean is utilising the full 25 man squad instead of just the top 17-19 players.

Oh of course. I feel like that's what Bennett did to an extent this year. He gave most of our squad a few games didn't he?

I understand the importance of giving members of the Top 25 a taste, but the NRL is different beast compared to the NBA. As most on here would know, NBA sides play 82 times in a regular season, in the NRL it's only 24 times and there's a lot of external impacts which can debilitate any season. As Broncos fans, we've seen our fair share of seasons completely derailed by the effects of Origin. As much as people complain about the quality of the Broncos rosters, they seldom mention or care about the impact Origin has had on the side since it's inception.

So you've got to be very careful with selections.

With that said, I like Bennett's approach.

For the most part, the starting 13 is settled. It's the bench Bennett likes to play around with and he isn't afraid to rotate players, which is what we saw with Ofahengaue, Molo and Garbutt. I think there will be a similar instance this year and wouldn't be surprised to see games where Bennett opts to give McCullough the entire 80 for more muscle off the bench.

I think the NRL is a much closer competition as well. There is only really 1 or 2 teams you would risk that with.

How come everyone is forgetting bout dale copleys strong season in 2014

What?

When he scored 16 tries getting shifted around at every position while they played Griffinball? Don't remember that. Copley stinks.

EDIT: Off-Topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk bout youse all but dale is an underrated defender

Just give Anderson a crack please Wayne!!!! The kids the real deal!

You'd have to start Thaiday in the second row and have him terrorize and edge with Milf. I think we're well served up the middle with McQuire, Blair, Joe O, and Wallace, but Sam can come back as a prop for his second stint off the bench if needed with Glenn and Gillet playing out the game on the edges.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Robboi_321
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.