2016 Strongest Line-Up

I was just checking our Zerotackle, I don't think I realised that we've only got Milford & Gillett signed until the end of 2016.. We need to get on that asap, especially Milford, losing him would be a disaster.

Has anyone thought bout Copley moving into the second row? I can remember joey Johns commenting bout him possibly moving into a potential second rower??

Milford has signed on till 2017. (source: Broncos Magazine)

They're already in talks on extending that deal.

Never saw that online, it's pretty rare that Zerotackle isn't updated.

Here's the article for anyone curious: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=62005c81797c2b875a8ea84806ddb764-1451131860

In November, upon Bennett’s arrival, the club furtively handed Milford a 12-month extension, pushing out his tenure at Red Hill until 2017.

Now, in the wake of Milford’s remarkable debut season at Red Hill, the Broncos will discuss a four-year upgrade to keep the Maroons hopeful until the end of 2021.

“We initially signed Anthony for two years (until the end of 2016) but we actually did a small upgrade with the Broncos without announcing it to anybody.

“It was just for one year. We’re in no rush but if the Broncos want to go for a longer term, we’ll certainly be happy to look at it.

Ok here would be my side

1 . Boyd
2 . Anderson
3 . Reed
4 . Roberts
5 . Kahu
6 . Milford
7 . Hunt
8 . McGuire
9 . McCullough
10 . Blair
11 . Glenn
12 . Gillett
13 . Parker

14 . Nikorima
15 . Oates
16 . Thaiday
17 . Ofahengaue

Yeah I don't mind that side big k, the only issue for me is that Oates is more or less useless off the bench, because we have 2x 80 minute back rowers in Glenn & Gillett.

I'm starting to think that the best option might be to move on Copley & Glenn, that would be the best option for team structure moving forward.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Jack Reed
4. James Roberts
5. Carlin Anderson*
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Jarod Wallace
17. Joe Ofahengaue

* = Lachlan Maranta if Bennett deems that Anderson isn't up to it.

Yeah I don't mind that side big k, the only issue for me is that Oates is more or less useless off the bench, because we have 2x 80 minute back rowers in Glenn & Gillett.

I'm starting to think that the best option might be to move on Copley & Glenn, that would be the best option for team structure moving forward.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Jack Reed
4. James Roberts
5. Carlin Anderson*
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Jarod Wallace
17. Joe Ofahengaue

* = Lachlan Maranta if Bennett deems that Anderson isn't up to it.

I agree with you on Copley and Glenn and I like the team, but I would like Herman Ese'ese on the bench instead of either Ofahengaue or Wallace, he is a beast.

Out of interest will Ben Hunt be available round 1? Didn't they change the rules that trials and 9's no longer count towards suspension? Tariq Sims for example still had to go through his 4 remaining matches he had on his suspension from the 5 he received in 2014.

No Hunt for round 1 might mean we see Kodi at halfback.

Last edited:
Out of interest will Ben Hunt be available round 1? Didn't they change the rules that trials and 9's no longer count towards suspension? Tariq Sims for example still had to go through his 4 remaining matches he had on his suspension from the 5 he received in 2014.

No Hunt for round 1 might mean we see Kodi at halfback.

The difference with the Tariq situation was the grading. If you get a high grading, the rules are different.

But Hunt only got a Grade 1, so he will be available for Round 1. But it's unclear which game exactly counts towards his suspension. Some have said 9's, some have said the All Stars, some have said the WCC. But he will be available for Round 1.

Interesting, it has been on the back of my mind today for some reason, thanks Super Freak.

It was a dangerous throw and a bad one at the time but jeez hes pretty strong for a halfback

1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Copley
4.Roberts
5.Kahu
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8.Maguire
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Glenn
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Nikorima
15.Offa
16.Gillett
17.Wallace

Who would have thought 3 years ago under Griffin we would be able to field a team like that. Happy days ☺

I still think thaiday will come in off the bench. He had a terrific impact last year doing that. Far greater than gillett would. Gillett proved he's a solid back rower last year

The difference with the Tariq situation was the grading. If you get a high grading, the rules are different.

But Hunt only got a Grade 1, so he will be available for Round 1. But it's unclear which game exactly counts towards his suspension. Some have said 9's, some have said the All Stars, some have said the WCC. But he will be available for Round 1.

I don't think the rules are different in that which games you are suspended for depend on the grading. Is that what you meant?

I think Hunt's game is the All Stars game which is why Maranta was picked as it had to be another Bronco who replaced him.

The Moment - Maranta's All Star Elevation - Broncos

I still think thaiday will come in off the bench. He had a terrific impact last year doing that. Far greater than gillett would. Gillett proved he's a solid back rower last year

Gillett would provide more impact from the bench then Glenn, but in saying that I do agree with you Thaiday will likely start from the bench. He offers a lot of impact and experience which we will need and the advantage is he can slot into the front and backrow and given the changes to the interchange IMO your better off focusing your rotation on your front row as well as having an impact dummy half/utility which Kodi offers. Glenn, Gillett and Parker are all capable of 80 minutes.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • the_next
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.