2016 Strongest Line-Up

I doubt it . It's just Bennett resting our main stars.

But it could also be an easy way of serving the one week ban. Because if the 9s and WCS don't count then he's free to play in any of them. The all stars is a mandated rep game, if he gets "picked" for that game, he can serve his suspension and Maranta won't even need to take the field. All in all, broncos flying high

RLW's Top 17

1. Darius Boyd2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. James Roberts
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

INTERCHANGE:
14. Josh McGuire
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

RLW's Top 17: Brisbane Broncos - Rugby League Week

1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Reed
4.Roberts
5.Kahu
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8. Blair
9.McCulloch
10. Wallace
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker
14. Nikorima
15. Gillett
16. Molo
17. McGuire

McGuire needs recovery time. Wallace could do with some experience starting for the first couple of games. I expect the forwards will be rotated from starting side to bench as happened last year to keep their playing levels up.

1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Reed
4.Roberts
5.Kahu
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8. Blair
9.McCulloch
10. Wallace
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker
14. Nikorima
15. Gillett
16. Molo
17. McGuire

McGuire needs recovery time. Wallace could do with some experience starting for the first couple of games. I expect the forwards will be rotated from starting side to bench as happened last year to keep their playing levels up.

Why do you think gillett will come off the bench? ? Not going to happen

Why do you think gillett will come off the bench? ? Not going to happen
Agree. Gillett is not really an impact player, hes quite consistent and solid for a starter. I'm pree sure you will all recall his game against Melbourne at AAMI Park where we won; he displayed a very strong defensive performance.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Kahu
5. Anderson (goalkicking duties)/Eden/Maranta/Whitchurch
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)
14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Ofahengaue
17. Molo
18. Wallace
19. Ese'ese
20. Timu

Hopefully the commentators won't have any trouble telling Blair & Thaiday apart next season, Blair is looking super lean and Thaiday is looking like he's been enjoying retirement for a few years.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Ok well scratch Thaiday from the captain discussion.

It looks like Thaiday has put on a bit of weight..

Hopefully the commentators won't have any trouble telling Blair & Thaiday apart next season, Blair is looking super lean and Thaiday is looking like he's been enjoying retirement for a few years.

I don't hold much hope for Rabs not getting them wrong..

I noticed in the Corey Oates montage I made, he got Hunt and Prince confused...

Last edited:

Poor Thaiday. Can't you all see that he's recovering from a serious injury? The poor bugger probably hasn't been able to train since the GF loss, no wonder he's put on a few grams. It could still be weeks before he's allowed to take the band-aid off his fingers and resume running again.

It's good to see there is truth in advertising. I can believe that ad where he says he is most at home in the kitchen. He seems to inflate during the offseason every year though so I'm not worried.

I'm telling you, it's that cafe he owns...he's been sneaking too many celery sticks in the cold room. I'll tell you what, I'm loving Adam Blair's hair style atm, looks good!

I thought Wayne gave Sam a rev last year about putting on too much weight over the holidays. He might find himself riding the pine again for a large part of the season.

RLW's Top 17

1. Darius Boyd2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. James Roberts
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

INTERCHANGE:
14. Josh McGuire
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

RLW's Top 17: Brisbane Broncos - Rugby League Week

I think that team is pretty spot on except I would switch Thiaday to the second row and go with props of McGuire and Blair with Thiaday starting in the second row with Glenn on the bench.

I think that team is pretty spot on except I would switch Thiaday to the second row and go with props of McGuire and Blair with Thiaday starting in the second row with Glenn on the bench.

I don't mind the idea of Thaiday returning to the second row but looking at his latest training pics, he looks every bit a prop now. What would Glenn bring from the bench?

Or RLW got lazy. It's just the GF team, with McGuire replacing Dodds and Roberts replacing Hodges.

That will most likely be the 17, but I think McGuire will start and Thaiday will be on the bench.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Evander
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.