2016 Strongest Line-Up

Smaller more mobile?

McGuire, Macca, Blair, Gillet & Oats all look like they've dropped some bulk/weight this year, especially Oats.

Glenn, Wallace & Joe O all look bigger, especially Glenn.
Oh, then there's Sammy... i think he's about the same, just still carrying some off season happy fat!
I'm thinking our starting forwards are being prepared for the reduced interchange & a faster game with the incoming shot clock.
Our bench on the other hand is getting bigger

So, i see a big hard hitting bench of Glenn, (experience) Wallace & Joe O, with Kodi the X factor & Sammy starting 2nd row.
Oats... he looks a lot smaller than last year.... considering he's already had more surgeries than I've had women I'm thinking maybe Waynes seeing him more of a long-term outside back? Sad i know... he'd be a killer 2nd rower. Must admit though, he kicks ass on the wing too.

1. Boyd
2. Oats
3. Kahu Copley*???*
4. Roberts
5. Maranta Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Mc Guire
9. Mc Collouhg
10. Blair
11. Thiaday
12. Gillet
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Glenn
16. Wallace
17. Joe O

WOW!
*???* = **** i hope so!

thaiday has to come of the bench he is really our only player that can come of the bench and make a majour impact then he can just go on for our forwards or second rowers and stay there for the rest of the game

i was wondering about the signing of james roberts and that maybe wayne didnt just sign him as a replacement for hodges but a grand plan to turn him into our fulback for when boyd retires. Not sure if he has the skills to play fulback but with wayne bennetts expertise and james roberts blistering speed it may just work?

thaiday has to come of the bench he is really our only player that can come of the bench and make a majour impact then he can just go on for our forwards or second rowers and stay there for the rest of
Up until last year, Glenn has been solid but average for a number of years. His game & form evolved a lot in 2015 though. (Not uncommon for players entering they're late 20's) He was a brilliant bodyguard for Milf & he played a much larger attacking roll than b4. I think he has great potential to be an awesome impact benchy.

Sammy is always going to carry a bit of timber.

Gillett can have an impact although his defensive game last year was top class.

I think Bennett will definitely try and utilise Gillett more effectively in attack this year...a lot of that comes down to Hunt being able to set up lines for him to run. Remember how good Gillett was running off Barba in 14, worked a treat. A few more offloads would be good as well. Another thing too, Kahu is insanely good at taking the high ball, let's use it in attack close to the line. I can only recall once or twice when we put a bomb up for him last year. I'm sure Hunt or Milf is capable.

WB likes to keep the ball out of the air as much as possible - countless grubber kicks from both milf and hunt in 15. Your sure to see more with the jet set to take off this season.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...y/news-story/318956e0f141599f3c87e35f6d3408e0

BRONCOS backrower Alex Glenn admits that a year ago he was far too comfortable in his own skin.

But with he and long-time partner Jemma Morgan’s first child due this month, Glenn will never allow himself to get that complacent again.

Ahead of the 2015 season the 27-year-old was put on notice by coach Wayne Bennett that he needed to “come out of his shell”.

He rose to the challenge with an NRL grand final appearance, a Kiwi recall and a fresh Broncos contract – but he is not about to rest on his laurels.

He will soon have a young family to care for and to Glenn that means everything.

“In a couple of weeks me and Jemma will be having our very own mini-me,” he said.

“It’s exciting times and it’s just going to make me a better person.

“It gives me a bit more motivation and drive. I’m not just doing it for myself but I’m doing it for my family.

“I can’t take things for granted. I look back on 2015 and it was a great year … but I can’t sit back and think that because I had a good season last year, it will just happen again.”

Glenn, who proposed to Morgan in November, returned to Broncos training last Monday for the first time since the grand final and said while he was nervous that he had enjoyed too many plates over Christmas, he was raring to go.

Last season he missed just two games because of injury and is determined to help the Broncos go one step further this year.

“I was reflecting on 2015 with Jemma on New Year’s Eve and just saying that a lot of things that happened throughout the year, I was very grateful for,” he said.

“It (Bennett’s warning) definitely pushed me.

“I felt like I got comfortable in the previous years and I needed someone who I really respected to tell me that. That’s what Wayne did for me … I wasn’t benefiting the team.

“It definitely pushed me to push my boundaries and give everything I had in 2015.

“Now I am setting myself new goals and new targets.

“The ultimate goal is to be in the grand final again.”

Bennett gave him an ultimatum last year by the sounds of it, hopefully he takes another step up for us, would be huge to have him hitting holes like he used to.

Except Ben Hunt, that little nugget doesn't need a rocket to give his best for the club he clearly loves.

Player profiles have been updated, no sign of Ese'ese or Funaki.

image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

Elijah Alick, Carlin Anderson, Jai Arrow, Alex Barr, Jayden Berrell, Adam Blair, Joe Boyce, Darius Boyd, Greg Eden, Matt Gillett, Alex Glenn, Brett Greinke, Ben Hunt, Jamayne Isaako, Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Anthony Milford, Francis Molo, Todd Murphy, Darren Nicholls, Kodi Nikorima, Corey Oates, Joe Ofahengaue, Tom Opacic, Corey Parker, Jonus Pearson, Jack Reed, James Roberts, Aaron Rockley, Sam Scarlett, Sam Thaiday, Caleb Timu, Travis Waddell, Jarrod Wallace, Aaron Whitchurch.

Ttell me Caleb Timu doesn't have a touch of Petero about him.

Is it just me or is that larger then the normal squad(which will be cut down) or have they increased the first grade squad number?

Last edited:
It does seem higher than normal.

Considering that a few of the NYC boys clearly had their photos taken while apart of the NRL squad (Fai, Hipgrave, S'ua), the total number on the website is 40. We know that Tuimavave-Gerrard and Ese'ese are apart of the side and there's also other affiliate players so who knows how big the actual number is.

Looking at past seasons, usually only 35 players have their photos taken.

didnt realise how massive roberts is

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Evander
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.