17. Gavet
Gillete is done in my books. Hope he leaves

Last edited:
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Re: Looking Ahead to 2016

With Milford's dangerous short balls it would be great to have Oates running off him.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009

The Cows can't win next year. No one can go back to back (except the Broncos).

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

IMO, this is the strongest side we can field to start 2016

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Copley
4. Kahu
5. Anderson/Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Offahengue
17. Gavet/Wallace/Molo

IMHO. Reed is a liability at center (especially in defence against the good teams). Copley showed against the Roosters (rd 6) that he is a capable defender. and I beleive he offers us far more in attack. all it will take for Copley to demote Reed to a foot note (at least a depth only player) is to be given some consistency in the one position. Being in the centers will also minimise the effects of his deficiency under the high ball.

I'm not sold on the right wing position, Given what i have seen of Anderson (and granted it isn't a great deal) I would like to see him given first shot. Maranta could be a safe option or we could have someone from the 20's that could do a job for us there if given a shot.

The final bench position is a toss of the coin for me, I haven't seen enough of Gavet to know whether putting him on the bench is a good idea, I don't think Wallace is much more than an quality ISC standard player and I'm not sure Molo is fit enough to play the minutes required of him under the reduced interchange.

dtmtrano

dtmtrano

BRL Player
Apr 25, 2014

IMO, this is the strongest side we can field to start 2016

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Copley
4. Kahu
5. Anderson/Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Offahengue
17. Gavet/Wallace/Molo

IMHO. Reed is a liability at center (especially in defence against the good teams). Copley showed against the Roosters (rd 6) that he is a capable defender. and I beleive he offers us far more in attack. all it will take for Copley to demote Reed to a foot note (at least a depth only player) is to be given some consistency in the one position. Being in the centers will also minimise the effects of his deficiency under the high ball.

I'm not sold on the right wing position, Given what i have seen of Anderson (and granted it isn't a great deal) I would like to see him given first shot. Maranta could be a safe option or we could have someone from the 20's that could do a job for us there if given a shot.

The final bench position is a toss of the coin for me, I haven't seen enough of Gavet to know whether putting him on the bench is a good idea, I don't think Wallace is much more than an quality ISC standard player and I'm not sure Molo is fit enough to play the minutes required of him under the reduced interchange.
Perfect . I like Wallace but one thing I really hate is how he gives away cheap penalties. We got a small glimpse of gavet but I believe of Polynesian background, there should be great passion for the game from him. I'm aware of Francis Molos potential but unsure whether hes ready to unleash it... Which brings me to ask... Does anyone know what Happen to Caleb Timu???? He was dubbed the next big thing!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Perfect . I like Wallace but one thing I really hate is how he gives away cheap penalties. We got a small glimpse of gavet but I believe of Polynesian background, there should be great passion for the game from him. I'm aware of Francis Molos potential but unsure whether hes ready to unleash it... Which brings me to ask... Does anyone know what Happen to Caleb Timu???? He was dubbed the next big thing!

He went on his 2 year Mormon mission. not sure if he is back playing yet

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

You go on a moron mission, you'll probably end up like Hoppoate.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

1. Boyd
2. Oats
3. Reed/Copley
4. Kahu
5. Anderson
6. Milf
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McC
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Joe O
16. Wallace
17. Gavet
Gillete is done in my books. Hope he leaves

Serious? Gillett had one drop ball but besides that was epic

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014

He went on his 2 year Mormon mission. not sure if he is back playing yet

expect him to show up for souths logan next year and start the long road back.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

Gillett should be the only one guaranteed a starting 2rf spot at number 12. His attack hasn't been great but he has been unbeatable in defence. Glenn and Thaiday can fight over who starts at 11.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

I think Glenn has been disappointing for the second half of the season. The opposition worked out his combo with Milf early. I know Thaiday plays mostly on the right, but he is far more powerful than Glenn and could be very effective outside Milford. Lateral movement I'm defence could be a question but if he keeps his head right I think he'll be fine.

Copley has always been able to hit in defence but he's been beaten or sucked in too many times. Currently, with Bennett's defensive mindset, Reed is probably the pick but anything can happen before next season. Like we've all said for two years, consistency in one position might be all Copley needs. There's also the argument that Kahu's safety on the wing means both Reed and Copley have a centre spot each, but that brings more dilemma to the 2 and 5.

Anderson deserves a crack, but it'll be interesting to see how safe he can be. Oates needs to be in the side but we have too many backrowers of rep quality in the forwards, so wing will have to do. He's young and will be better defensively with a full pre-season in the spot. Meaning Anderson, Maranta & potentially Kahu are fighting for one spot.

The return of Gavet and McGuire put us in a good, but difficult position. Gavet is the model for a bench forward - enthusiastic, aggressive, competitive. If Dodds was staying it would be a dead heat between him & Wallace but Jarrod showed last night he can do the job if he can shake off the penalties and dropped balls.

01. Boyd
02. Oates
03. Reed
04. Copley
05. Kahu
06. Milford
07. Hunt (c)
08. McGuire
09. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Glenn
16. Wallace
16. Gavet

Depth:
Anderson
Maranta
JoO
Molo

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

We'll need to get some value out of one of the young, or affiliate-based, halves / hookers / utilities too, which is obvious when you look at that list.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

Could be getting Teo for next year.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

[h=1]Brisbane Broncos aim to lure Ben Te’o back to NRL next season[/h]
origin:video_integrator.Bic3F5dzqIqhSesiHsKSOG5Pnzl2cZR8

FORMER Maroons hitman Ben Te’o is on Brisbane’s radar as coach Wayne Bennett looks for more forward firepower to take the Broncos to their seventh premiership.
The Courier-Mail can reveal the Broncos have been in secret talks with Te’o and will bring the 106kg enforcer to Red Hill next season if they can fit him into their salary cap.
The signing of the fearsome Te’o would be a huge coup for the Broncos as the club looks to hit back from Sunday night’s heartbreaking 17-16 grand-final loss to the Cowboys.
The 28-year-old is playing rugby with Irish club Leinster, but he has flagged a return to rugby league and the Broncos are front runners to secure him.
Te’o, who won a premiership at Souths last season, has strong links to Queensland and the Broncos. The Keebra Park product played 75 games for Brisbane between 2009-12 and represented the Maroons in seven Origin games before his move offshore last year.
During this year’s Origin campaign, Te’o briefly returned to Brisbane to visit family and friends and maintained fitness by working out at the Broncos gymnasium.

v1

Now Bennett is keen to have Te’o back permanently, but his return is contingent upon a number of factors, chiefly Brisbane’s salary cap position.
Te’o could easily command upwards of $500,000 a season on the open market.
That presents a financial challenge for the Broncos, who forked out millions last year to sign big-name recruits Darius Boyd, Anthony Milford and Adam Blair.

3a51c2fb965632e9e3179b251ed7014b
Ben Te'o played a huge role in South Sydney’s comeback premiership.
The club has also issued a slew of contractual upgrades to prop Josh McGuire, forwards Sam Thaiday and Alex Glenn, halfback Ben Hunt and gun utility Jordan Kahu.
But Bennett is a huge fan of Te’o’s hitting power and he would bring an intimidating edge to the Broncos pack. The retirement of skipper Justin Hodges helps free up funds, while prop Mitchell Dodds’ departure to Warrington opens up a spot in Brisbane’s 17-man squad.
The timing of any move is equally crucial. Te’o’s Leinster deal expires next May, meaning the back-rower would miss the opening months of the 2016 NRL season unless the Irish club grants him an early release.
In June, Te’o, who has played 151 games since his debut for Wests Tigers in 2007, revealed a comeback to the NRL was a genuine possibility.
“I think it (playing Irish rugby) was something I needed to do because I needed to go away for a bit,” he told News Limited.
“I never rule out coming back to rugby league ... I do miss the build-up, all the support and the fans.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-nrl-next-season/story-fnp0lyn6-1227557928866

M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015

Imagin Konrad Hurrell running into holds at center/2nd row. Would be juicy as.

Unread

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.