2016 Strongest Line-Up

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Re: Looking Ahead to 2016

Would love to get Te'o!

But on a different note, anyone saying X and Y player are not NRL standard or need to go are quite simply off their rockers, we were literally one missed tackle from a premiership, ONE TACKLE, how can anyone in the 17 not be premiership quality?

Te'o would definitely be an improvement on what we have, we don't really have an aggressive hard running back rower, he'd be an amazing pick up.

nVinyl

nVinyl

Aug 1, 2015

Looks like we are early favorites to win 2016, so the books are backing Bennett factor it seems:

Broncos 5.50
Roosters 6.50
Cowboys 7.00
Bulldogs 9.50
Warriors 9.50

On an off note, find it funny that NSW are early favs to win the origin series next year as well

Last edited:
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014

Teo would bring that lunatic edge back to us, currently Blair has to try and frighten the other team all on his own but imagine Blair and Teo ripping in with a round 6 Roosters edition Thaiday bringing heavy impact from the bench. Glenn has been solid but I'd trade him out for Teo in a heart beat as he'd dead set break the ribs of anyone who even contemplated the merest possibility of thinking about running near The Milf. Our opponents best be wearing dark coloured shorts.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Holy shit Te'o would be a great get. Just give him the money that we free up from Barba and Kennedy.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

If we get teo then gf redemption is ours for the taking. Chin up benny hunt, our premiership window had only just opened.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I thought Te'o was the worst of the 3 when we let him go (Glenn and Gillett), but he ended up being pretty much the best. Hits holes better than Glenn and his defence is huge when it came to halting momentum.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Yeah Te'o would be huge, I'd play him on the left side of the field to help out with that weak ass Milford / Reed combination.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Te'o
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Glenn
16. Thaiday
17. Wallace / Gavet / Ofahengaue / Molo

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

I think Glenn has been disappointing

Condensed and perhaps out of context, but it sums up my thoughts on Glenn as a player.

He just doesn't do anything. Not setting anything up on his own or being critical in set plays. Tackles without any noticeable impact. Barely scores any tries (as a saving grace to not doing any of the previous things mentioned). I don't know if he's peaked or he's being under-utilised in the game plan, but he's never been as good (or perhaps effective) as he was when he played outside Norman.

01. Boyd
02. Oates
03. Reed
04. Copley
05. Kahu
06. Milford
07. Hunt (c)
08. McGuire
09. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Glenn
16. Wallace
17. Gavet

Depth:
Anderson
Maranta
JoO
Molo

That's pretty close, if not exactly, what our full-strength side will be, pending any signings (i.e. Te'o).

As others have said, Kahu's quality under the high ball may work against him getting closer to the action at centre, but I feel Reed has done his dash as a first choice backline player. He's that annoying player that plays shit but still gets picked due to injuries or whatever and then once he's close to getting dropped, he has a cracker week or two and saves his bacon for another month after that.

So, I'd prefer to have a wing/centre combo of either Carlin/Maranta + Copley and Oates + Kahu. Or vice-versa.

Last edited:
M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015

Glenn has actually scored more tries then gillett(4 to 3) and more try assist(4 to 1). On average he also makes more meters per run (9 to 8) although gillett made more tackles but that says somthing about their attack. I cannot find any missed tackles stats

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Glenn gets a LOT more opportunities in attacking position though to be fair, I can't recall how many times this year Hunt has put on a short ball to Gillett within 10 metres of the line, it'd have to be less than 5 times.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. McC
10. Adam Blair
11. Ben Te’o
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker (C)
—————-
14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Jarrod Wallace/Alex Glenn
16. Sam Thaiday/James Gavet
17. Joe O

Sunday still hurts real bad and will for the entire off season, but it's hard not to feel very optimistic looking at that side. If our form holds up to at least this years level or even exceeds it, we'll be very hard to beat.

Us at 5.50 to win the Premiership is great value right now while the Te'o signing is still up in the air. Our second row situation is going to be very interesting because I can't find a place for Glenn.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Alex Glenn
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. McC
10. Adam Blair
11. Ben Te’o
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker (C)
—————-
14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Sam Thaiday/James Gavet
17. Joe O

Sunday still hurts real bad and will for the entire off season, but it's hard not to feel very optimistic looking at that side. If our form holds up to at least this years level or even exceeds it, we'll be very hard to beat.

Us at 5.50 to win the Premiership is great value right now while the Te'o signing is still up in the air

Glenn starting at Centre is an interesting prospect, he'd probably have to shed a few kg's and work pretty hard on his defensive positioning and finishing sweeping plays a lot better than he did this season, but it's not impossible, we'd have immense go forward with Oates & Glenn chiming in at the start of sets, as well as the addition of Te'o.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Glenn starting at Centre is an interesting prospect, he'd probably have to shed a few kg's and work pretty hard on his defensive positioning and finishing sweeping plays a lot better than he did this season, but it's not impossible, we'd have immense go forward with Oates & Glenn chiming in at the start of sets, as well as the addition of Te'o.

That was my original theory just to accommodate Wallace and Joe O on the bench, but then I figured that Wayne wouldn't move Glenn to centre before just bringing Copley into the fray.

Honestly I can see Joe O dropping off but I really liked what I saw of him this year. He earned the right to improve upon it.

Last edited:
R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013

This forum really does love team lists, doesn't it?

I don't know how many times you can post the same team list over an offseason before it gets boring.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

This forum really does love team lists, doesn't it?

I don't know how many times you can post the same team list over an offseason before it gets boring.

I want to do a list of how many team lists we've done each pre-season, just so we have a list of lists.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

For mine, if Teo comes back Wallace drops off the bench. He is too frustrating with the pointless penalties he gives away and we come to a halt when both Blair and Thaiday are off the field.

Niko
Glenn
Thaiday
Garvet/Joe O

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013

For mine, if Teo comes back Wallace drops off the bench. He is too frustrating with the pointless penalties he gives away and we come to a halt when both Blair and Thaiday are off the field.

Niko
Glenn
Thaiday
Garvet/Joe O

I actually have an unpopular opinion that Wallace gets targeted by the refs. He literally gets penalised within 3 minutes of coming on every week because the "A-Team" has gone off.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Maroon4life
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • johnny plath
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.