2016 Strongest Line-Up

Honestly more disappointed hodgo didn't get to 100 than I am about the loss. Mind you if he scored in the gf we would have won as well. The problem if hunt is playing first receiver and Milford is playing locked down on the left. He needs to put hunt in position every once in a while. They should also get blair/parker/thaiday in first receiver on the right and pass it out wider to hunt like we were last year some times.

Definitely need to improve our right side attack. Although on a positive our left side attack is pretty much unstoppable.

Just to give you an idea of how effective the left side is, 4 of the 5 top try scorers for the Broncos that played there either on a fairly regular basis or week in and week out played that side.

It's quite possible that the departure of Hodges open's the door for more try scoring opportunities that end, definitely more competition for spots next season is a good thing. Hodge's certainly gave it he's best and I certainly don't blame him for that side being less effective (Hunt needs to step up more though) but frankly, while he's heart and mind were willing, his body wasn't. I'll certainly miss him but excited at the opportunities it does present. Kahu, Copley, Maranta, Anderson and Drew, still game on.

Am I the only one extremely excited about our forward pack next season? It is amazing with the perfect amount of depth, experience and potential.

Very excited Danoz Direct, though Te'o is off the cards at least for 2016, the recruitment of Herman Ese'ese and Caleb Timu will at worst strengthen our depth in the forwards, while the return from injury of McGuire and Gavet will really give us some selection headaches going into the 2016 season. Wallace and Ofahengaue really stepped up for us in 2015, Molo will have the off season to put behind him what was a horrible situation and you would have to think Jai Arrow could be a real shot at making his debut too.

Very excited Danoz Direct, though Te'o is off the cards at least for 2016, the recruitment of Herman Ese'ese and Caleb Timu will at worst strengthen our depth in the forwards, while the return from injury of McGuire and Gavet will really give us some selection headaches going into the 2016 season. Wallace and Ofahengaue really stepped up for us in 2015, Molo will have the off season to put behind him what was a horrible situation and you would have to think Jai Arrow could be a real shot at making his debut too.

I have seen some highlights of Herman Ese'ese and he looks like he could dominate like a Jason Tamaulolo sort of player. I think he could surpass Wallace next season and become a regular bench player for us.

From a few posts around here, Vidot was on the outer from the start of this season because he either couldn't or wouldn't put in the hard yards at the preseason torture training test. While some unnamed players were half-carrying a Milf up a mountain through a haze of semi-starvation and sleep deprivation, apparently Vidot bottled it badly and cost his team TimTams. Then later on in the year he busted his arm or fingers or something playing for the Jets.

And just recently I had heard that he was trying to join the American wrestling scene, WWE or something. IIRC @Big Pete posted about it.

Going the extra mile counts a lot with Wayne. When a player is costing his team mates challenges no matter how silly the prize may sound it doesnt show him in a good light when they are doing things under pressure. Our culture this season has been all about not letting your mates down.

TBF, Wayne gave him a couple of chances and he pretty much blew them, then he did get a bit unlucky breaking his fingers.

I have seen some highlights of Herman Ese'ese and he looks like he could dominate like a Jason Tamaulolo sort of player. I think he could surpass Wallace next season and become a regular bench player for us.
My understanding is he has signed for QCup and not the Broncos although he will get the chance to train with them preseason

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Anderson/Maranta
6. Milf
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillet
13. Parker
14. Thaiday
15. Wallace
16. Joey O
17. Niko

Kahu will be able to get Anderson plenty of space down that right edge but I like Maranta too. Very hard pick. Forward pack picks itself. Everyone putting Gavet in their squad is really surprising. Played a few good games off Tigers bench in 2014 but a full season off in 2015 and he's a walk in? I don't think so.

Well now that we know Gavet isn't going to be there in 2016 we can cross him off the list of forwards fighting for the remaining spots on the bench.

Looks like Copley will get his chance to cement that left centre position..

Reed had surgery on his shoulder and he isn't expected back until Round 6.

Last edited:
Looks like Copley will get his chance to cement that left centre position..

Reed had surgery on his shoulder and he isn't expected back until Round 6.

Interesting.

I can hardly begrudge Reed for his mortgage on the jersey this year, he certainly made a compelling case for it.

I do hope Copley makes the most of it, as he could be an absolute weapon in his preferred position. Wouldn't hurt to work on his handling though, it's the most pertinent aspect Reed has him covered in.

If nothing else, the competition should bring out the best in both options.

This assumes we hang onto Copley though...

Reed missing the start of next season is probably a blessing in disguise, as it'll give Copley plenty of chances to prove himself worthy, and if he doesn't, we'll have a worthy replacement ready.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's ready by round 1 , theres still a looooong time til next season.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.