RUMOUR 2017, Jersey and Sponsor discussion

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I have to admit, after I saw the players wearing the white jersey and playing in it, I am a fan of it. It's grown on me.

I'm going to buy one.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well I was finally able to see the new jersies in the flesh yesterday, I had in my mind that I would probably buy one of the Iron Man Hero jobs after seeing the pics online but honestly for the price I was pretty disappointed with the quality.

It just felt like a printed shirt with a collar, the logos were just printed as well, no embroidering in sight and I think thats what disappointed me the most.

The design I didn't mind and it looked pretty good when i put it on but it just didn't compare quality wise to this years home/away versions.

I'd say plenty of people were also disappointed because there were still stacks left on the racks unsold, at the right price I would probably a have bought one but asking the same inflated price as the usual strip was too much for a poorer quality item.

I was actually very tempted by the away grey strip, it's simple but actually looks pretty good and better than I expected however I ended up adding a 2017 home jersey to the collection. Had to hunt around a few stores for a small size tho as most seem to have been sold.

K

KingPrawn

Mar 1, 2017
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Why so much red? Maroon would work probably even better.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It's ochre which is a natural pigment made from desert rocks and sand which in aboriginal art always represents the land

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The story behind the artwork of the Indigenous jersey.

Designer: Joe Malone/Deadly Choices

Inspiration/Story: The artwork was developed in conjunction with Deadly Choices, a proud partner of the NRMA Insurance Brisbane Broncos.

This artwork tells several stories about the Broncos using Aboriginal art. The 6 circles in the centre represent the six years that the Broncos have won a premiership in 1992, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2000 and 2006. The 13 symbols for Men symbolises that rugby league is a 13 a side game and 13 symbols for Women acknowledge the female contribution to rugby league.

The six shields signify the six premiership trophies that the Broncos have won and the spirit figures holding the shields depicts coach Wayne Bennett who is the spiritual leader of the club and the only person involved in all six Premierships.

The rest of the artwork describes the Broncos connection to the community - the circles on the outer of the painting indicate a small representation of the numerous junior clubs and schools that have benefited from Broncos coaching clinics, programs such as “Beyond the Broncos” and also recognises the community work they undertake as well as the partnership with Deadly Choices to encourage and promote better and healthier lifestyle choices for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, utilising all of the Aboriginal Medical Services clinics right across South East Queensland.

Footprints and the straight white lines that connect the circles exemplify the travel done throughout the community to deliver these services.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-indigenous-round-jerseys/tabid/10874/newsid/106515/default.aspx

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I believe we have the best jersey design for the Indigenous round. Also looks like we put the most effort in

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Wondering if sam Thaiday will be forced to wear something else

jungle-fever-t-shirts-women-s-t-shirt.jpg

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I am waiting in anticipation to what white heritage round will produce with their jersey design

As per the above but they're in chains and cultivating land for their masters.

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • ell.d33
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mrslong
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.