2017 Line-up

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Not everybody studies pictures of the Bronco players and not everybody have posters on their bedroom walls. It doesn't make them any less of a fan.
If you can't name most of them, you're definitely not a fan, just a casual observer.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
If you can't name most of them, you're definitely not a fan, just a casual observer.
You should have ended your post with IMO. By the way, I can name every player in that photo but I'm not going to criticize a fan because he/she may not have identified Joe Boyce whose brief Bronco career is probably over anyways. This "true supporter" crap is a bit silly, don't you think? We are all fans or casual observers as you call them.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
You should have ended your post with IMO. By the way, I can name every player in that photo but I'm not going to criticize a fan because he/she may not have identified Joe Boyce whose brief Bronco career is probably over anyways. This "true supporter" crap is a bit silly, don't you think? We are all fans or casual observers as you call them.
You lost a great chance to keep quiet, because you missed the most important part of that post, which is: "If you can't name MOST of them"

I understand if fans do not recognise Boyce. Not so much when they don't recognise half the team and their captain.

Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Mar 21, 2016
Doesn't the word 'fan' mean fanatical? What we all are. Defend them in arguments from outsiders.
We can say what we like about Roberts etc, but if some outsider has a go, well..

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't know man, if you can't name Thaiday, Glenn, Parker and one of the rest (Blair is hard to miss) then how can you call yourself a fan? If you take any reasonable interest in the club, and actually watch the games, there's no way you can't identify most of them. Most of those guys have been playing week in week out for years, anyone who's a fan would well and truly know the faces.

And as Porthoz said, I said "most" not "all". I didn't know who Joe Boyce is, and TBH I still have no idea who he is.

Last edited:
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I don't know man, if you can't name Thaiday, Glenn, Parker and one of the rest (Blair is hard to miss) then how can you call yourself a fan? If you take any reasonable interest in the club, and actually watch the games, there's no way you can't identify most of them. Most of those guys have been playing week in week out for years, anyone who's a fan would well and truly know the faces.

And as Porthoz said, I said "most" not "all". I didn't know who Joe Boyce is, and TBH I still have no idea who he is.
Yeah, fair enough. I stand corrected.

For one brief period, Joe Boyce was touted as the heir apparent to Corey Parker. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere, it's a tough life for these fringe players who have to spend their days on a building site, hopefully he can land a regular gig at some club.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Joe boyce came from the knights with bennett and travis waddell. He's a bennett charity case..

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
I thought Blair was exceptional for New Zealand. As soon as they got JWH's off the field (who was rubbish imo), Blair very much halted England's momentum with his work in the ruck - he talks a lot and you can just see how he positions himself, that he is very good at covering anticipating the ball movement England threw at NZ. Very much the unsung hero in that team imo! I liked how NZ used him off the bench, bringing him on around the 20-minute mark and keeping him on for a prolonged period of time. I think it is something we could heavily consider into for next year with our rotation - especially if we manage to nab Napa.
Something like this:

8. McGuire
10. Napa
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Glenn/Dodds

14. Blair
15. Glenn/Dodds/Esseese/Arrow ect.
16. TPJ
17. Marshall/Niko

In saying that I thought Glenn was tremendous off the bench this season. I think it's important that we experiment a lot in the pre-season to get a gauge on different combinations and rotations work if we are serious about contending next year.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Yeah, fair enough. I stand corrected.

For one brief period, Joe Boyce was touted as the heir apparent to Corey Parker. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere, it's a tough life for these fringe players who have to spend their days on a building site, hopefully he can land a regular gig at some club.

Is that as tough as it is for blokes who have to spend their 'whole' lives on building sites?

Poor me. I've 'only' got an $80k a year 'base' NRL contract, plus an actual job on building sites...

That is a lot more than many in society have.

Last edited:
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Is that as tough as it is for blokes who have to spend their 'whole' lives on building sites?

Poor me. I've 'only' got an $80k a year 'base' NRL contract, plus an actual job on building sites...

That is a lot more than many in society have.
What does society have to do with a RL forum? Obviously he isn't doing it as tough as some in society but as a professional athlete, it is very uncertain for him and many others and if he doesn't land a new contract, he will have a lot more time to spend at the building site.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
What does society have to do with a RL forum? Obviously he isn't doing it as tough as some in society but as a professional athlete, it is very uncertain for him and many others and if he doesn't land a new contract, he will have a lot more time to spend at the building site.

I just don't agree that NRL players 'have it tough' is all, even fringe NRL players. They certainly work hard to get where they are but plenty of people work hard to get where they are in life and few consider them doing it 'tough'.

Anyone who is lucky enough to play sport at an elite level and more importantly getting paid to do so, isn't doing it 'tough'.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Not sure if this is official confirmation, but I noticed the player profiles on our website had been somewhat updated, Nikau Terupe & Sam Lavea have been promoted to the NRL squad, they weren't there last week.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I just looked at their profiles and Nikau terupe is one big unit

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Has anyone heard or read anything on James Robert?
I hear he's a centre, pretty quick, bounced around a couple of clubs before ending up with us.

Apparently he enjoys a quiet tipple at the Normanby from time to time too.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • broncos4life
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.