2017 Line-up

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
Nah. How many less metres will they make with Dodds there instead of Arrow or Joe? Not enough to make a difference.

The player we put into the starting lineup has to suit the style of play we are trying to play. No matter who we put in we won't have a huge pack that pulverisers the opposition. We need to be trying to play a relentlessly up tempo style of play with quick play the balls and quick line speed in defence. The kind of game plan we used against Melbourne. I know big bodies help to win the ruck but urgency, fitness and technique can do it too.

Of the players we have at the moment the two that are most capable of playing at that sort of pace for big minutes with few errors are Arrow and Joe.

TPJ and Ese'ese are impact players (TPJ will hopefully develop into a superstar) and Glenn is reliable and versatile.

I really can't see a spot for Dodds in the top 17 unless someone is injured or being rested.

He's 100% in my 17 and will have Herman and joffa easily covered for mine. I like players on 1 year deals too, much hungrier than others. With a full pre season he could be pushing for a starting spot if moose slips to 13.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
He's 100% in my 17 and will have Herman and joffa easily covered for mine. I like players on 1 year deals too, much hungrier than others. With a full pre season he could be pushing for a starting spot if moose slips to 13.

He might have Offa covered but not Ese'ese, should a mainstay in the team next season.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Combinations - How important and have we got it right?

With the huge success the Raiders had with an attacking right edge of Blake Austin, Elliott Whitehead, BJ Leilua and Jordan Rapana, is this something that needs to be looked at in our side?

At the moment our right edge just isn't gelling with Hunt, Gillett, Roberts and Kahu. I feel like Roberts should be relegated to the wing and Kahu should move to the centres because of his ball playing ability and decision making.

I'd love to see Roberts on the left edge combining regularly with Milford. I think Moga would be a great addition working with Milford seeing as they are old friends and similarly talented.

Hypothetically the right edge could be:

Hunt - Gillett - Kahu - Mead
(All solid defenders and make minimal errors)

The left edge could be:

Milford - Oates - Moga - Roberts
(So much unpredictability in attack that whenever we need points, we go to the left)

1. Darius Boyd
2. James Roberts
3. Tautau Moga
4. Jordan Kahu
5. David Mead
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Sam Thaiday

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Re: Combinations - How important and have we got it right?

I'm certain this could've gone in the 2017 line-up thread.

Sam Thaiday in the middle doesn't work, we've established that already, if he's playing he's either starting on an edge or playing off the bench in small spurts. At this current point in time, this would be my 17, subject to change based on signing news and pre-season form.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Pangai Jr
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Ese'ese
16. Ofahengaue
17. Marshall

We need Arrow & Su'A playing 80 minutes a game in their respective positions in the ISC for the whole year, they'll filter into the team in 2018 once Glenn moves on and we've figured out which of Ese'ese & Ofahengaue is a long-term piece and which is expendable.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Danoz, wanna make a bet that dodds has a more permanent spot next year over esese (injuries not included in bet parameters)

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013

You're actually mental suggesting roberts loses a centre spot to play wing. Just adharently mental

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013

Also.... mods need to move this thread.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016

You're actually mental suggesting roberts loses a centre spot to play wing. Just adharently mental

It makes sense to have your fastest players on the wings. Wingers have a big role in teams these days and it's not an insult to be one. Roberts is indecisive with whether he should run and go himself or pass.. His selection is off at times. If you just put him on the wing, his only option is to run. Kahu is a better centre option in my opinion.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013

It makes sense to have your fastest players on the wings. Wingers have a big role in teams these days and it's not an insult to be one. Roberts is indecisive with whether he should run and go himself or pass.. His selection is off at times. If you just put him on the wing, his only option is to run. Kahu is a better centre option in my opinion.

Am I wrong in my belief that coming through the ranks, he played only wing and fullback? And that it wasn't till the Titans he was shifted to centre?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Danoz, wanna make a bet that dodds has a more permanent spot next year over esese (injuries not included in bet parameters)

I got my money on Ese'ese as well . Dodds will do a good job for us , but i think Ese'ese will go to that next level

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016

This should of went in the line-up. But anyway James Roberts played wing at Rabbitohs and Penrith. So I believe he should be moved to wing, the problem is though oates-kahu seem to be Bennett's winger combination.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
In a bumper start to the season, the NRL will kick-off on the Thursday night with premiers the Cronulla Sharks to host the Brisbane Broncos at Shark Park.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • Battler
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Shane Tronc
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.